Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long does it take for OVH to deliver a server?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How long does it take for OVH to deliver a server?

Ordered a dedicated server from OVH (not SYS or Kimsufi) on March 11, 2019 and it is still "being processed".

Is this normal?

Comments

• That really depends.

Is that your first order? Did you check the delivery time before you order?

• @mrclown said:
    That really depends.

Is that your first order? Did you check the delivery time before you order?

First order, no ID verification was asked for.

I ordered from the us.ovhcloud.com, and didn't see a delivery time advertised.

• dearroydearroy Member, Host Rep

Shouldn't take that long, my recent experience was same day delivery, first purchase.

Send an email to their support and see how they react.

• ehabehab Member

@dearroy said:
    Send an email to their support and see how they react.

that can take forever, better to call them.

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2019

PrivacyInfinity said: Ordered a dedicated server from OVH (not SYS or Kimsufi) on March 11, 2019 and it is still "being processed".

Is this normal?

Yes. This means that it is not stock. I've ordered some of them for several days already.

What server configuration?

• Adam1Adam1 Member

although not strictly OVH, my kimsufi KS-9 was delivered the next day, no ID required. I lost a day in billing too which annoyed me more than having to wait.

• I've had the same issue. If there's no stock, it can take a long time.
    Just speak with them, they'll refund you.

• @Vova1234 said:

PrivacyInfinity said: Ordered a dedicated server from OVH (not SYS or Kimsufi) on March 11, 2019 and it is still "being processed".

Is this normal?

Yes. This means that it is not stock. I've ordered some of them for several days already.

What server configuration?

INF-1

Link on server configuration?

• @Vova1234 said:

Link on server configuration?

https://us.ovhcloud.com/order/dedicated/#/dedicated/select?product=~(dc~(lon~1)~planCode~'INF1.D1-uk)

{
    datacenter: "lon"
    availability: "1H-low"
    }

This server is available, but in small quantities. It means that their order is frozen. Create a ticket.

• @Vova1234 said:

{
    datacenter: "lon"
    availability: "1H-low"
    }

This server is available, but in small quantities. It means that their order is frozen. Create a ticket.

I did yesterday, and this is what they said:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting OVH US. It would be my pleasure to assist you with your server inquiry.

Thank you for that information. We have escalated this up for further assistance. We will update you once more information is available.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us via support ticket or chat. Thank you for choosing OVH US.

Jeff H.
    Customer Support Advocate

I feel as if they are acting like they are doing something, but aren't.

• huntercophuntercop Member
    edited March 2019

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Usually instant, besides you get flagged by the system for manual check or OVH went out of stock.