Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for cloud gaming service in Asia
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for cloud gaming service in Asia

LiquidSky had server in Hong Kong before, but now it stops service,
AWS is too expensive and inconvenient...
Are there any other choices?

Comments

• PolarNodePolarNode Member
    edited March 2019

Open to Singapore or somewhere in that general vicinity? If so, check out HostDoc Singapore - they got some nice deals and it's on OVH network :smile:

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited March 2019

@PolarNode said:
    Open to Singapore or somewhere in that general vicinity? If so, check out HostDoc Singapore - they got some nice deals and it's on OVH network :smile:

I think he needs something with GPU to run parsec (or something similar)

Anyway, using parsec's cloud gaming service would take away the 'inconvenient' part, or you can get some edu credits for AWS to take away the 'expensive' part. But convenient and inexpensive doesn't really go well with asia... :(

Thanked by 1poisson
  • sanvit said: you can get some edu credits for AWS

It is not easy for me to get edu credits... i am senior high school student in China now, i don't get a #edu.xx mail.
    And if i told them my purpose of gaming, they may reject my application...

Parsec is a good app and i have used it on my PC. The inconvenient that i mean is Windows Server operate system may not be compatible with some games.

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited March 2019

@Archeb said:

sanvit said: you can get some edu credits for AWS

It is not easy for me to get edu credits... i am senior high school student in China now, i don't get a #edu.xx mail.
    And if i told them my purpose of gaming, they may reject my application...

Parsec is a good app and i have used it on my PC. The inconvenient that i mean is Windows Server operate system may not be compatible with some games.

My friend uses it with Windows Server and almost all steam games seems to work fine. Amazon is fine (at least with their JP region) with gaming. Me and my friend both got approved within a day. And for the edu credit,

This guy may be able to help you out ;)

Thanked by 1Archeb
  • @sanvit Thank you for your advice!

• Just wait for google stadia, it would solve piracy problem and your wooden PC problem.