Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Like writing how-tos? Contribute content & make some bank - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Like writing how-tos? Contribute content & make some bank

Comments

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

Phew! Sorry to be away for so long! It's one of those days where you forget to each lunch because there's so much going on. (And I like to eat.)

poisson said: Well, I teach media and PR writing, so this is right up my alley, just that I don't know what you want. Idling a few servers is a sideline.

It does sound perfect for you!

poisson said: By the way, "make some bank" sounds really interesting. AFAIK, in English, I would say "rake in the dough".

I considered that one, too. ;) I'm not sure why "make some bank" stuck so much in my head that day.

levnode said: I have some question, @Hetzner_OL: Although being a customer of Hetzner for about 2 years, with ~ 3000 EUR payment each month, my request to access the forum is never accepted? Do you have any criteria for the community tutorial post to be published? Thanks.

Hmm.. I wonder what that could be. Could you send me your email address in a PM and I can check with my colleague who processes the new user accounts for the Discussion Forum? Hopefully, we can straighten that out for you. We like getting new Forum members.

Criteria: https://github.com/hetzneronline/community-content/blob/master/contributing.md

To derail the conversation further, when @FAT32 mentioned that the user was really close, I immediately thought of the Cards Against Humanities Card that reads "Mr. Clean, right behind you."

--Katie, Marketing

Thanked by 2Amitz FAT32
  • Herzner credit != making bank

Cash = making bank

• @FAT32 said:
    Frankly this is not the only thing that surprised me today. One of the LET members is actually pretty close to me geographically. What are the odds of this happening.

Referring to me?

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited March 2019

@poisson said:
    Referring to me?

There are quite a lot of LET members based in Singapore (At least more than I expected)

EDIT: Who knows you might be near to me too? :) Singapore is not that big.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Katie forever. The only female on LET.

Thanked by 3t0m Amitz AlwaysSkint
  • @FAT32 said:

@poisson said:
    Referring to me?

There are quite a lot of LET members based in Singapore (At least more than I expected)

EDIT: Who knows you might be near to me too? :) Singapore is not that big.

Because most SG hosts are ridiculously expensive.

edited March 2019

@poisson said:
    Because most SG hosts are ridiculously expensive.

Agreed, O** is one of the game changer in Singapore market

EDIT: I didn't meant to hijack this thread, so please use your imagination to fill in the name above

EDIT2: Why not Hetzner expand to Asia market in Singapore :)

Thanked by 1poisson
  • @FAT32 said:
    EDIT2: Why not Hetzner expand to Asia market in Singapore :)

+100000000000

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • @Hetzner_OL

Can I use it to pay for auction Hetzner servers too? These ones - https://www.hetzner.com/sb?country=us

I was thinking of making an how to do on Cronjobs to automate server management for noobs/newbies

Also, I will cross post this thread to Reddit community as they love Hetzner servers and maybe some people might be interested but maybe they don't know about LET community/forum. Thanks

• poissonpoisson Member
    edited March 2019

@ps20090 said:
    I was thinking of making an how to do on Cronjobs to automate server management for noobs/newbies

Cronjobs are useful. Just not the jobs beginning with b.

Edit: reduce quote length

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited March 2019

Well, Copy & Paste from DO or Vultr, profit.

Thanked by 1Fastmako
  • @Neoon said:

To be honest, 99% of the guides are not suitable for newbies. You need some command line experience with Linux to be able to use those guides. It's a difficult to get brand new customers unless the guides can really help the complete noobs.

edited March 2019

@poisson said:

@Neoon said:

To be honest, 99% of the guides are not suitable for newbies. You need some command line experience with Linux to be able to use those guides. It's a difficult to get brand new customers unless the guides can really help the complete noobs.

Thats why you have the one click installation and cloud servers.
    To ensure your wallet gets raped and your mind gets relaxed, so you can stay dumb.

People charge you 15$ for running a fucking webserver installer script, and yes they purchase such.

Learning is hard yes, it was hard, v6 is hard, but it pays.

• LeviLevi Member

@poisson said:

@Neoon said:

Complete noobs will never signup for hetzner. And if they do - they have problem on their own. Self managed service is self managed. Tutorials are not created to attract noobs, that clientele is trouble.

@LTniger said:
    Complete noobs will never signup for hetzner. And if they do - they have problem on their own. Self managed service is self managed. Tutorials are not created to attract noobs, that clientele is trouble.

True, they register on here and charge back.

• @LTniger said:

@poisson said:

@Neoon said:

Well, I don't disagree, BUT everyone starts somewhere. To grow the client base, you need really easy to understand tutorials written for people with zero experience to start learning easily, and of course, properly so that they do not create problems. I think it is not that hard to learn basic command line server management and install some useful apps like nextcloud, just that I haven't seen anything that a complete noon will be able to understand without difficulty.

• You should write a how-to on how-to make memes.

Also: that meme is not something anyone outside of LET will get anyway.

• @Hetzner_OL What if I copy my own articles? Lol

Thanked by 1eol
  • LetzienLetzien Member
    edited March 2019

Just how man do you need regarding auto fellatio?

• @Hetzner_OL said:
    We at Hetzner Online have just started Hetzner Online Community, a place designed to help developers get started with their projects. We want to build a collection of useful how-tos, guides, and tutorials. Your mom may have told you as a kid, "Nobody likes a know-it-all." But that's exactly who we want in our community: developers, admins, resellers, and others.

If you've been looking for a way to finance your upcoming project, this may be the perfect solution. Share your knowledge and get € 50 in credit for each of your how-tos that we publish. This credit will work like a gift card for our products. You can use it on our products, including unmanaged dedicated root servers, cloud servers, storage boxes, Nextcloud packages, and more.

The Community is brand neutral. Articles are for the whole community.

Curious to learn more? https://community.hetzner.com/

On the website it says up to

Which is it?

deank said: Katie forever. The only female on LET.

I agree, Katie is awesome. But there's at least two women. Hi, I'm Julia :)

FAT32 said: EDIT2: Why not Hetzner expand to Asia market in Singapore :)

Oh it's great to know there's interest in the Asian area. I'll definitely pass it on but I can't promise anything. Hetzner is a family owned business and we don't want to rely on extra investors so we prefer to grow slow and steady.

ps20090 said: Can I use it to pay for auction Hetzner servers too? These ones - https://www.hetzner.com/sb?country=us

Yes, you can use the credit for our auction servers.

ps20090 said: I was thinking of making an how to do on Cronjobs to automate server management for noobs/newbies

It's awesome that ideas for how-tos are already bubbling. I would say go for it! :)

ps20090 said: Also, I will cross post this thread to Reddit community as they love Hetzner servers and maybe some people might be interested but maybe they don't know about LET community/forum. Thanks

Thanks for sharing! We noticed that there's growing interest on Reddit. That's why we posted our Community news in a few subreddits already. I'm curious, in what subreddit did you publish your post? :)

Neoon said: Well, Copy & Paste from DO or Vultr, profit.

@doghouch That's not the idea behind Hetzner Community. We don't want to create a copy of other existing platforms. This is why there will be a Community Manager who will review all incoming tutorials and maintain the ones that we have. The new tutorials should be original work.

poisson said: To grow the client base, you need really easy to understand tutorials written for people with zero experience to start learning easily, and of course, properly so that they do not create problems.

Exactly. On Hetzner Community we would like to give ALL users an extra hand so that they get their projects off to a good start.

Letzien said: Just how man do you need regarding auto fellatio?

Sorry, I'm not quite sure what you mean by that.

Thanked by 4FAT32 pike eol dragon1993

hostnoob said: On the website it says up to €

Which is it?
    Sorry for the confusion. Officially it's up to €50. Theoretically someone can get less than € 50 for a very short how-to.

--Julia, Marketing

Thanked by 1eol
  • FalzoFalzo Member

good luck with your budget :-P

Thanked by 1Wolveix
  • @Hetzner_OL I was joking — I guess sarcasm doesn’t transmit well over the Internet haha :-)

Thanked by 2Hetzner_OL pike
  • @doghouch said:
    @Hetzner_OL I was joking — I guess sarcasm doesn’t transmit well over the Internet haha :-)

sarcasm-over-ip

Thanked by 2doghouch eol

@teamacc said:
    sarcasm-over-ip

More like Sarcasm over UDP

Thanked by 1eol
  • Hetzner_OL said: This credit will work like a gift card for our products.

Good luck with your gift cards.

Thanked by 1eol
  • How to fork ?

• @prowlersgg said:
    How to fork ?

wget --no-parent