Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Remote storage for windows server ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Remote storage for windows server ?

I currently run a hetzner server, and i am looking for a way to store alot of media files for my plex. Due to the fact that hard drives are expensive, i want some tips to do this more cheap. A remote cloud service or anything like that ? I am running windows server 2012 R2, and want to stick with that, but i can run plex in a vm under linux if needed.

Very limited experience in Linux. Also need a provider for the storage space if this is a solution.

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Why not just buy a storage vps elsewhere and dump the hetzner?

Or a slice/slab combo.

Francisco

Thanked by 3uxtvdl poisson Fastmako
  • Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

Hi @Johnsendrift! You can order a storage box from us which is a self-managed online storage solution. We also offer a managed remote cloud option Nextcloud. Both options start at €2.90 (excl. TAX) and can be easily connected to your server.
    --Julia, Marketing

• Hetzner Auction + Cloud Storage? Probably do it in 40 USD, total?

• FastmakoFastmako Member, Host Rep

It's simpler to buy something cheap with a lot of storage. @Franciso is correct in my opinion too.