Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[SYS] E5-SSD-1-64 Special 44.99 EUR/53.99 USD instead 59.99 EUR/71.99 USD
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[SYS] E5-SSD-1-64 Special 44.99 EUR/53.99 USD instead 59.99 EUR/71.99 USD

twiigltwiigl Member
edited March 2019 in General

This will be the upcomming SYS special at OVH (posted here before and confirmed)

E5-SSD-1-64 for 44,99 EUR/month instead of 59,99 EUR/month (Setup is 50 EUR/60 USD in general).

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1630v3 (4c/8th)
RAM: 64GB DDR4 ECC 2133 MHz
Storage: SoftRAID 2 x 480GB SSD
Network: 250Mbit/s

EUR offers:

Special FR (44.99): https://www.soyoustart.com/ie/order/soYouStart.xml?reference=1901sys54
FR (59.99): https://www.soyoustart.com/ie/order/soYouStart.xml?reference=1801sys54

Special CA (44.99): https://www.soyoustart.com/ie/order/soYouStart.xml?reference=1904sys54
CA (59.99): https://www.soyoustart.com/ie/order/soYouStart.xml?reference=1804sys54

ninzo59 said: For US folks, you should consider waiting 1h, because the USD price is wrong.

USD offers:

Special FR (53.99): https://www.soyoustart.com/us/order/soYouStart.xml?reference=1901sys54
FR (71.99): https://www.soyoustart.com/us/order/soYouStart.xml?reference=1801sys54

Special CA (53.99): https://www.soyoustart.com/us/order/soYouStart.xml?reference=1904sys54
CA (71.99): https://www.soyoustart.com/us/order/soYouStart.xml?reference=1804sys54

Comments

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

The setup fee just sucks, €94.99 is definitely over the price limit in LET, that's why the representative ask you to help posting it instead of him posting it himself.

That's a smart way to evade from breaking the rules.

Thanked by 2Ympker Gatto
  • Meh.

• FAT32 said: The setup fee just sucks, €94.99 49.99€ is definitely over the price limit in LET

I'm a bad boy :neutral: I aggree that the setup is pretty high, might be still interesting for someone else. Maybe the post should be moved to offtopic then, since it out of bounds?

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited March 2019

@twiigl said:
    I'm a bad boy :neutral: I aggree that the setup is pretty high, might be still interesting for someone else. Maybe the post should be moved to offtopic then, since it out of bounds?

Not really, the $84/m limit includes the setup fee, so it is €44.99 + €50.00 = €94.99 = $107.30

I will let other mods to decide, I am just not satisfied with the high setup fee. At least they should do multiple deals at once where some of them fall within the $84/m limits.

Thanked by 1Letzien
  • First-RootFirst-Root Member, Host Rep

Which size you have to reach as a provider to be preferred like that?

• ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2019

@FAT32 said:

@twiigl said:

Not really, the $84/m limit includes the setup fee, so it is €44.99 + €50.00 = €94.99 = $107.30

I will let other mods to decide, I am just not satisfied with the high setup fee. At least they should do multiple deals at once where some of them fall within the $84/m limits.

Wasn't about to make any post FAT32.

Yet have a look on others thread, like Hetzner last dedicated servers.. with setup fees, its way over LET limit too.

@twigll, we fixed the price for USD. The one you indicated is correct.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor
    edited March 2019

ninzo59 said: Wasn't about to make any post FAT32.

Yet have a look on others thread, like Hetzner last dedicated servers.. with setup fees, its way over LET limit too.

True... But they weren't actively promoting others to create threads for their deals to get around the rules.

Quote for reference:

Please make another thread instead of publishing here, that's not the right place :)

Thanked by 2FAT32 Hetzner_OL

Quote for reference:

Please make another thread instead of publishing here, that's not the right place :)

People kept using Kimsufi flash sale Thread 2 weeks after its over, for another purposes / topic.

I just though we needed to move to another thread for this one. Or make a general SYS/KS thread if you think thats relevant.

• 7$

• Anyone got this server with a E5-1630 v4 @ 3.70GHz instead?

@ninzo59 said:

Quote for reference:

People kept using Kimsufi flash sale Thread 2 weeks after its over, for another purposes / topic.

I just though we needed to move to another thread for this one. Or make a general SYS/KS thread if you think thats relevant.

Just let it happen naturally. As a provider here, abide by the rules.

If someone deems your sale worthy of a new thread because it's really good, then that's great. If your sale is lackluster, well, then let it pass or be posted as a comment in some semi-relevant thread.

Thanked by 2uptime datanoise
  • It's not that big of an upgrade from the E3-SSD-1-32. CPU performance is quite similar, the only noticeable change is the extra 32GB of RAM.

Considering that the E3-SSD-1-32 is less 5 Euros a month and LESS 30 EUROS AS A SETUP FEE, IMO it's a better deal.

Thanked by 1poisson
  • stysty Member
    edited March 2019

can I use ipmi with this server? in the api the requests are theoretically available.

@vovler said:
    It's not that big of an upgrade from the E3-SSD-1-32. CPU performance is quite similar, the only noticeable change is the extra 32GB of RAM.

Considering that the E3-SSD-1-32 is less 5 Euros a month and LESS 30 EUROS AS A SETUP FEE, IMO it's a better deal.

E5-SSD-1-64 vs E3-SSD-1-32

• CPU: +13% powerful
    • RAM: +32 GB + 2133 mhz DDR4 ECC vs 1333 mhz DDR3

@sty said:
    can I use ipmi with this server? in the api the requests are theoretically available.

If you buy a KVM add-on, but I hope you brought your checkbook. $30/24 hrs, $208.6/1 week. (not kidding)

• vishvish Member

@MasonR said:

@sty said:

If you buy a KVM add-on, but I hope you brought your checkbook. $30/24 hrs, $208.6/1 week. (not kidding)

yah, that's always been pretty ridiculous pricing. Guess they really don't want you using a kvm.

• @ninzo59 said:

@vovler said:
    It's not that big of an upgrade from the E3-SSD-1-32. CPU performance is quite similar, the only noticeable change is the extra 32GB of RAM.

E5-SSD-1-64 vs E3-SSD-1-32

• CPU: +13% powerful
    • RAM: +32 GB + 2133 mhz DDR4 ECC vs 1333 mhz DDR3

Lower the setup fee to 20 euros and it will be a great deal. Also, why do you have CPUs that support ECC memory running non ECC memory?

• stysty Member

somewhere I've read that the free kvm via interface is also planned for sys servers. Thought it may already be possible via api?

• @ninzo59 said:

I doubt Hetzner asked @eol to post about them because their prices were slightly out of bounds. Don't be so butthurt that your companies' 1990s setup fees are turning a lot of us away. This is just incredibly sour OVHgrapes.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL

@Letzien said:

@ninzo59 said:

I doubt Hetzner asked @eol to post about them because their prices were slightly out of bounds. Don't be so butthurt that your companies' 1990s setup fees are turning a lot of us away. This is just incredibly sour OVHgrapes.

It was just an example among others. I wasn't asking a new thread to promote anything, like I said, I don't want to mix all topics in a single thread.

It's really exhausting guys. I m done struggling.

Thanked by 1raynor
  • @Letzien said:

@ninzo59 said:

Hetzner.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

@ninzo59 said:

@Letzien said:

@ninzo59 said:

It was just an example among others. I wasn't asking a new thread to promote anything, like I said, I don't want to mix all topics in a single thread.

Bye

• vishvish Member

@ninzo59 said:

There's a lot of us on LET that really appreciate all of the offers you helped to procure. Keep up the great job and please don't let a few sour grapes spoil it for you.

• FalzoFalzo Member

lol. that's one way to get rid of the companies rep around here...

• datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited March 2019

As I understand it @ninzo59's goal wasn't to ask for a new thread to be created by a user, but to try to keep the other thread on topic. Remember he's not a native speaker.

Sure, the fact that some people were speaking about the new offer on that thread wasn't a real problem and if it had been a mod could have moved the posts to a new thread. But why couldn't he try to keep the thread he created on topic?

I don't see his sentence in that thread being such a big deal. Maybe you could be more careful next time, @ninzo59 and we could consider the problem solved and keep you around here?

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited March 2019

Agree the setup fee is off-putting.

How long does it take an employee to 'set up' a dedi? I assume some already have the spec needed... surely it takes less than an hour. Assume the guy gets EUR 25/hour which is generous + any employer related taxes/overhead. Don't see why set up fees should be any more more than that... though I may be wrong on how long it takes someone to set things up.

• Thabks to Setup fee €50.00 my wallet keep safe

• @ricardo said:

How long does it take an employee to 'set up' a dedi? I assume some already have the spec needed... surely it takes less than an hour. Assume the guy gets EUR 25/hour which is generous + any employer related taxes/overhead. Don't see why set up fees should be any more more than that... though I may be wrong on how long it takes someone to set things up.

It's all automated. There is no employee setting it up

• FalzoFalzo Member

@ricardo said:

despite the setup fee being part of a calculation towards the term-length and ROI, I think you have a wrong picture of a setup process.

if a dedi has to be build completly new, putting all parts together and installed into its place in a rack, connected properly, inserted into the whole management-system so that it can be given IP-Addresses and stuff and so on, I doubt you can achieve that on a single time revenue of 50€. more likely you'll need two or three times that... as you said yourself, there also will be overhead to be deducted from it as well.

on top of that, even if it is a used box, that's already in place, the disks need to be scrubbed and hardware checked and so on, so again work involved.
    even if they have already automated bigger parts of that, they needed someone to develop the automation for you, who had to be paid etc.

so there are clearly reasons why the setup fee can be 'more than that' - without even making them much money.

• vovler said: It's all automated. There is no employee setting it up

Falzo said: I think you have a wrong picture of a setup process.

Indeed, just a half-educated guess. Since they do product lines I imagine any hardware swapping is kept to a minimum, and automation can do a large chunk of the rest.

Either way, setup fees seem fair for any overhead, but IMO should be waived if you're willing to pay up front for X amount of time, say 6 months.