Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

JS/CSS/HTML minified twice or not?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

JS/CSS/HTML minified twice or not?

Sofia_KSofia_K Member

I'm having litespeed server, and litespeed WP plugin which minifies .js, .css, and HTML code on server itself.

I was wondering if I should enable JS, CSS, HTML to be minified in Cloudflare control panel? Or should keep it disabled? Note: I've opted to 'cache-everything' on cloudflare server.

Thanked by 1sgheghele

Comments

• LeonDynamicLeonDynamic Member
    edited March 2019

If you are already caching everything then Cloudflare already has a minified version on its servers from the Litespeed plugin

• You have no need to keep it enabled on CF as it's already minified; but it doesn't matter much as once it will be cached on CF side the file won't be minified each time it is served. But it'll waste CPU cycles from time to time, so you'd better disable the minification either at CF level or on your webserver.

• Yeah you would not have any greater disadvantage if you have it activated in both cases, but it is not necessary.

• @LeonDynamic @datanoise @Nightwalker90 thanks for your inputs. I'll better NOT activate minification on both platforms and will choose just one.