Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

#BlueVM Problems.....
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

#BlueVM Problems.....

CltcamCltcam Member
edited October 2013 in General

Hey look, more down time with BlueVM. Whether it's migration downtime, node overloading, or another bug on their end.. There’s always downtime.. This here appears to be a bug with Feather. I wouldn’t be too upset, but this month’s up time is way less than the 99.5% promised on their home page. Just wish I could get my money back! Too bad I bought annually:/

Comments

• Location, and did you raise the issues with them?

• CltcamCltcam Member
    edited October 2013

Illinois. Yes, I have entered a ticket. It will probably be fixed within a couple of hours. I’m just rather upset with the amount of down time in the past months.. This is one of the many issues I’ve encountered with this host. I Just wish I could get my money back.

• Did you open a ticket ;) ? They also have SLA credit (if you open a ticket).

• A bit more detail might be nice, like which location you had the issues in, and what caused the downtine?

• CltcamCltcam Member
    edited October 2013

Staff is stating that the issue is being caused by “abuse” on other VPSs. I honestly don’t understand why they lie and state 99.5% uptime on their home page. Each week this happens. Each week they tell me there is someone abusing on the node. I may just make a topic showing how their uptime is no where near 99.5%.

• https://bluevm.com/tos.php

BlueVM Communications LLC is not responsible in any way for outages to our systems and we highly encourage you to have multiple services in different geographic locations to prevent possible downtime.

The customer agrees upon registration that they are not eligible for a refund in any capacity, shape or form (Eg: No refunds of any kind)

• @Cltcam said:
    Staff is stating that the issue is being caused by “abuse” on other VPSs. I honestly don’t understand why they lie and state 99.5% uptime on their home page. Each week this happens. Each week they tell me there is someone abusing on the node. I may just make a topic showing how their uptime is no where near 99.5%.

They were down more than 4 hours total in a month?

• @serverian said:
    They were down more than 4 hours total in a month?

Sure were. I should make a topic showcasing their terrible up time. Like I keep stressing, they always blame it on abuse on the node. Even if this is the case, they need to monitor the nodes better, or they should change their uptime statement. It’s really ridiculous how many people they trick.

• @Cltcam said:
    Sure were. I should make a topic showcasing their terrible up time. Like I keep stressing, they always blame it on abuse on the node. Even if this is the case, they need to monitor the nodes better, or they should change their uptime statement. It’s really ridiculous how many people they trick.

I'd ask about @BlueVM to move you to a more stable node.

• Ask for a node change?

• CltcamCltcam Member
    edited October 2013

@Jono20201 said:
    Ask for a node change?

The VPS I purchased was purchased annually. I can’t even stress the amount of node changes that have already happened these past months, surmounting to even more downtime. Not even close to 99.5% uptime.

• @Cltcam staff were in the middle of helping you, I'm not sure what this post will accomplish. I can't speak for BlueVM but they would probably be less likely to give you a refund now, did you ask for a refund in the past?

• BlueVM aren't as bad as you're making them out to be... They have some problems, but overall their service is pretty good :)

Anyway, this just looks like an attempt to make BlueVM look bad. The OP came storming onto IRC complaining... and then saying things like:

[19:33:43] Can’t wait to post this on webhostingtalk
    [19:33:47] and low end talk

[19:43:28] Get ready to follow up on my low end talk post about how Bluevm sucks.

It's all rather silly...

• CltcamCltcam Member
    edited October 2013

@WebSearchingPro said:
    Cltcam staff were in the middle of helping you, I'm not sure what this post will accomplish. I can't speak for BlueVM but they would probably be less likely to give you a refund now, did you ask for a refund in the past?

Please don’t go off topic. Of course the issue would eventually be solved, but this is one of the many issues that have occurred within the past few months, and I’m really getting tired of it. Once again, your uptime is no where near 99.5%. I had to be refunded for my ZOLD - Semidedicated Quarter Server a long time ago if that’s what you’re asking. Now, I’m not interested in any more “store credit” refunds. Just a bit tired of the down time.

• @Connor said:
    BlueVM aren't as bad as you're making them out to be... They have some problems, but overall their service is pretty good :)

Anyway, this just looks like an attempt to make BlueVM look bad. The OP came storming onto IRC complaining... and then saying things like:

[19:33:43] Can’t wait to post this on webhostingtalk
    [19:33:47] and low end talk

[19:43:28] Get ready to follow up on my low end talk post about how Bluevm sucks.

It's all rather silly...

That has nothing to due with the fact that their stated uptime is a lie.

• @Cltcam said:
    Please don’t go off topic.

This is on topic, you stated in your original post that your having issues, as well as wanting a refund. Did you ask for a refund before opening this thread?

• @WebSearchingPro said:
    This is on topic, you stated in your original post that your having issues, as well as wanting a refund. Did you ask for a refund before opening this thread?

What are you talking about? I’m not interested in any “store credit” refunds. I would only be satisfied with being reimbursed with what I paid, in real money. Since you don’t offer that, I thought it would be just to start this thread so people know you lie about your uptime!

• @Cltcam said:
    What are you talking about? I’m not interested in any “store credit” refunds.

A refund means, "reimbursed what you paid" You get your money back.

• @Cltcam said:
    What are you talking about? I’m not interested in any “store credit” refunds. I would only be satisfied with being reimbursed with what I paid, in real money. Since you don’t offer that, I thought it would be just to start this thread so people know you lie about your uptime!

I think you're mistaking WebSearchingPro with BlueVM? I think his question is a relavent one

• Unless bluevm's policy has changed, they only refund with store credits. My sold semi dedi was only refunded with credits. ( sorry, on mobile now )

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

Im sure there is more to the story then what is being posted. Guess we will have to wait for Justin to comment. Also the 99.5% uptime is overall network, not per VPS basis. As long as the node is up, then nothing in interrupted in my book and does not count against uptime if a single VPS is down.

• Look, I personally administer 7 servers from BlueVM and I haven't noticed any downtime lately. Also as far as I'm concerned 99.5 uptime means that if they don't get that, they give you a refund on the difference and they seem happy to do so, so I am not sure what the fuss is about.

• Its that time of the month for him!

• Every time I've inquired about a refund, people in irc tell me they only offer store credit. If this isn't the case, I'll apply for money back and snip the thread. Thanks

• I'll gladly help you if you PM me some ticket numbers. At the moment unfortunately I have none so from an outsiders perspective it looks like you started this thread just to get a refund. Anyway assuming the tickets match up with your story and we can't work out some form of compromise, I'll refund your remaining time via paypal plus credit for downtime.

• Ok. Will make a ticket when home

• I almost made a post like this once.

After seeing this thread, I'm glad logic trumped emotion that day.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2013

BlueVM is not perfect but one of the best and cheapest.
    I cant count more than 5-6 in the same league, here.
    This kind of posts do not matter for people with direct experience.

• @Maounique, I agree but I do like how BlueVM handled it very professionally, shows something about the provider when they keep a calm head and deal with folks who aren't being the most reasonable of clients.

• We do our best to keep customer satisfaction high. Sometimes though, there are issues which affect customers, and take time to diagnose. And then, sometimes there are issues which just make no sense, as they only affect one person on an entire node!