Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cpanel license for VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cpanel license for VPS

Hello everyone,

I searched the forum but I have not found an answer.

What is the best price for external cpanel license (for VPS)?

I saw in a commendatory on lowendbox that BlueVM proposed licenses to $ 10, but I have not found on their website.

Thank you for your help

Comments

• I think BlueVM's are internal not external.

Meaning you would have to get a VPS with them.

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

the best rate would "I THINK" would be from licensepal or your host (best use internal license)

• DylanDylan Member
    edited October 2013

You have to ticket BlueVM to order. Their external licenses are $11 now, which is still the best price I've found. I picked one up about a week ago.

• Group buy anyone?

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2013

You can get external cPanel VPS licenses from InstantcPanelLicense.com (HostDime) for $13 per month. You don't need to open a ticket with them to activate the license--their control panel is fully automated.

EDIT: You'll need special approval on your HostDime account to get the $13 per month rate (i.e., price match a competitor).

• The best price i found was $14.95 on bp

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited October 2013

So, @Bluevm is the cheapest at $11?

• BlueVM, Hostigation, CVPS for internals

• Buy Cpanel is about ~14.95 for starters and then it goes down a little, is
    not the cheapest but they're pretty helpful in case you need support to change
    IP's or if something is wrong with billing, etc.

• What is the lowest cost of cPanel For Dedi?

• edited October 2013

BlueVM does have external licenses to $11 per month, You will have to open a support ticket specifying an external license and they will invoice you and give you your license information. Keep in mind these are VPS licenses not dedicated licenses.

The $10 license you are referring to in the original post is their internal license price :)

• @RamNode sells internal licenses.

cPanel/WHM VPS License $13.00

• bluevm is not giving 11usd externals.. I asked them

• niceboy said: bluevm is not giving 11usd externals.. I asked them

Maybe they've changed their policy in the past few days. @BlueVM?

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited October 2013

@Dylan said:

Yeah I just asked them for one, they do not offer it "at this time". Sad, they still offered it a couple of weeks ago.
    What's the next cheapest one?

• Buycpanel will match the $13 price that InstantcPanelLicense.com has. You just need to email them before hand.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

$13 is the lowest we've found for an external license.

• @DalComp said:
    What's the next cheapest one?

$13 from http://instantcpanellicense.com/ (HostDime) with coupon code "VPS13".

Thanked by 1DalComp
  • LeeLee Veteran

$13 is as low as it will go and even then it's like a LET VPS, no profit margin. Clearly you will get a cheaper on internally with a VPS as the discounted panel is built into the overall cost.

The cheapest prices I have ever seen an internal licence as an addon is with Rocketvps at $8.50 which with one of their 30% discount codes brings it down to $5.95. Might be cheaper but I have not looked recently.

• BlueVM isn't doing the $11 licenses right now..

• @CNJeremy said:
    BlueVM isn't doing the $11 licenses right now..

I talked with a staff member from BlueVM earlier, they are no longer doing external licenses.

• Perhaps @BuyCPanel_Kevin got something to offer? Price match the HostDime's $13 or something? :P

@WebSearchingPro said:
    I talked with a staff member from BlueVM earlier, they are no longer doing external licenses.

Not surprised, with $11 cPanel licenses you get one chargeback and the $11 reversal plus the chargeback fee blows away your profit margin on a dozen other licenses. Not worth it unless you're providing cPanel as an addon service to your existing customers.

• @CNJeremy said:
    Buycpanel will match the $13 price that InstantcPanelLicense.com has. You just need to email them before hand.

Actually, to clarify, we will only price match on advertised prices. The advertised price on that website seems to be $15.00. Sorry about that.

• @DalComp said:
    Perhaps BuyCPanel_Kevin got something to offer? Price match the HostDime's $13 or something? :P

Please email us at [email protected] and we will get you a coupon code for a 13 dollar cpanel VPS license. (a match of what hostdime is offering)

• they are selling that price because you are buying other things from them

• If you can just match, instead of reducing it even further, why not just buy it from Hostdime?

• @BrianHarrison said:
    Not surprised, with $11 cPanel licenses you get one chargeback and the $11 reversal plus the chargeback fee blows away your profit margin on a dozen other licenses. Not worth it unless you're providing cPanel as an addon service to your existing customers.

Really? You could argue the same about @BlueVM's $5 VPS, or VPS from providers who offer it a dollar per month. Yet, they seem to be thriving.

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

@joelgm said:
    Really? You could argue the same about BlueVM's $5 VPS, or VPS from providers who offer it a dollar per month. Yet, they seem to be thriving.

Yes, but when you are selling cPanel licenses at cost, you lose out on the entire amount (what you paid and what you received + chargeback fee). For the $5 VPS, you are not actually paying anyone/reselling.

@leapswitch said:
    Yes, but when you are selling cPanel licenses at cost, you lose out on the entire amount (what you paid and what you received + chargeback fee). For the $5 VPS, you are not actually paying anyone/reselling.

Exactly. Our company offers $1 per month (i.e., $12 per year) 128MB virtual private servers. If we receive a fraud-related chargeback, we'll lose out on the initial payment plus a chargeback fee, but nothing beyond that. If we receive a chargeback on a cPanel license, we lose the payment made to us, the chargeback fee, and the payment that we made to acquire the license.

If your profit margin on cPanel licenses is only a dollar or two, then you've just wiped out the profit margin on several licenses from a single chargeback.