Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS with cPanel included
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS with cPanel included

I'm looking for the cheapest VPS provider with free cPanel license for free included, I will need it for a very light usage, so i don't need specific resources.

If someone know some good offers let me know

Comments

• No thanks. We don't need more phishing pages.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Does it have to be cPanel? Could it be Directadmin?

Francisco

• @TerensM said:
    free cPanel license for free

As opposed to a free cPanel license that costs money?

BuyVM includes DirectAdmin for free now... If you don't have a reason to need cPanel specifically, it could be a good option.

Thanked by 2Francisco carbolic
  • @TerensM are you still looking for free trials?

I'm curious to know a bit more about the "light usage" you have in mind.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited March 2019

Cheapest I know is 15,98€/mo with cPanel, 2 cores, 300 GB Disk Space (SSD boost), 4 GB RAM, 100 Mbit/s.
    Contabo

• _MS__MS_ Member
    edited March 2019

You won't find a $5 VPS with a free cPanel but you can find a $30 VPS (managed) with a "free" cPanel. That's because the cost of a cPanel license is already included in the latter plan. So, it depends on your budget.

• XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep

How much RAM / Resources do you need ?
    We can do a VPS with cPanel for $19.99.

• I want to ask same question, can anyone recommend me some cheap VPS with cpanel. I know DirectAdmin very good, I am freelance with that panel however when I sometimes have to transfer some client account from cpanel to DA or client insist to use cpanel and I have to do something with cpanel I am a bit lost, so I want to learn cpanel, there will be no real traffic so neither resources nor location are important, only requirement is to have cpanel as cheap as possible.

Also, if somebody need help with DirectAdmin let me know and I will quote you for my work ;)

• imokimok Member
    edited March 2019

You won't find "free" cPanel, but you can get a cheap KVM from $3.50 and install cPanel from Buy cPanel at $14.
    Providers like @Cloudcone and @qps offer cPanel for $11 I think.

If you still want "free" cPanel, KnownHost has a plan for $25 IIRC

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited March 2019

May be better to buy a licence from buycpanel.com and then have full choice of VPS. I do recommend sticking with at least 1GB RAM and preferably KVM. I have managed to grab free cpanel promotions but invariably they were poor performers, using virtuozzo, xen-pv or openvz. I currently use one that costs £6/m! Three times that amount is more typical.

• @marson said:
    I want to ask same question, can anyone recommend me some cheap VPS with cpanel. I know DirectAdmin very good, I am freelance with that panel however when I sometimes have to transfer some client account from cpanel to DA or client insist to use cpanel and I have to do something with cpanel I am a bit lost, so I want to learn cpanel, there will be no real traffic so neither resources nor location are important, only requirement is to have cpanel as cheap as possible.

Also, if somebody need help with DirectAdmin let me know and I will quote you for my work ;)

better is to use the buyshared.net 2$ reseller plan you can create cpanel for your clients and can even learn by creating one for your own

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

our managed service include a "free" license of cPanel or it can be as low as £18.50 for cPanel VPS.

• I ordered a $20 a year VPS from BuyVM and it came with a control panel. all I had to do was add some vswap so the panel would install.

If you are looking for CHEAP then how the hell can you beat $20 per year with a free control panel??

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • @carbolic said:
    If you are looking for CHEAP then how the hell can you beat $20 per year with a free control panel??

Hi. Welcome to LET.

• Are you a bot? you responded in like 4 seconds.

Thanked by 1imok
  • kaz050457kaz050457 Member
    edited March 2019

Use free plesk plesk web admin edition se on vultr or digital ocean. With 3 domain limitation.

• Lol that's @eol

Thanked by 1imok
  • HaBangNetHaBangNet Member, Host Rep

what is your budget and location need?

• eoleol Member

@Letzien said:
    Lol that's @eol

No u.

• twaintwain Member
    edited March 2019

Not to derail this thread, but it's been forever since I looked at DirectAdmin. I found it a little funky maybe 8 years ago. Has it changed/improved? I know it's always been solid, but is the UI and the way it goes about it's configuration of services/users etc all still the same?

I guess my question is DA still preferable than any free /open source panel? My hunch would be yes.

twain said: Not to derail this thread, but it's been forever since I looked at DirectAdmin. I found it a little funky maybe 8 years ago. Has it changed/improved? I know it's always been solid, but is the UI and the way it goes about it's configuration of services/users etc all still the same?

They have a new UI in beta :)

https://directadmin.com/evolution.php

Francisco

• @twain said:
    Not to derail this thread, but it's been forever since I looked at DirectAdmin. I found it a little funky maybe 8 years ago. Has it changed/improved? I know it's always been solid, but is the UI and the way it goes about it's configuration of services/users etc all still the same?

I guess my question is DA still preferable than any free /open source panel? My hunch would be yes.

The new beta theme looks like it"s from the present and not the past decade(s) like the standard theme: https://www.directadmin.com/evolution.php

That being said it has been in beta for like ever.. I've been waiting for it to exit Beta quite a while (might have even been years now) and they seem to really hold on long to the old theme which probably means the new one is not yet 100% working. Anyway I'd say DA is a great choice and through @Francisco nice offers you can get to know it easily.

• twaintwain Member

@Francisco said:

They have a new UI in beta :)

https://directadmin.com/evolution.php

Francisco

Cool yeah, I think I spotted the screenshot of the new UI on the top of the front page of their site. Looks really attractive.

• @Francisco can you confirm if cPanel import works flawlessly with DA?

• twain said: Not to derail this thread, but it's been forever since I looked at DirectAdmin. I found it a little funky maybe 8 years ago. Has it changed/improved? I know it's always been solid, but is the UI and the way it goes about it's configuration of services/users etc all still the same?

For me DirectAdmin configuration is awesome, it is simple, and in my opinion better than cpanel, now there is something called Custombuild 2.0 to compile and configure various tasks as you need it. you can have things like PHP-FPM, modsecurity + ruleset or SNI SSL for www and mail all that with couple of commands or by editing clean config files, or if you want you can use Custombuild plugin that gives you the GUI for almost all of CB options.

If you had experience so long ago the DA is definitely improwed. I think that main downside of DA at this time is that you have max of 2 PHP version at a time, sometimes it is insufficient, but this will be addresssed in the next DirectAdmin release.

Sometimes its main advantage can be a problem also, what I mean is that DA uses components mainly compiled from source. It is nice because of speed and simplicity to adjust configuration, however it can be a pain if somebody mess aroind with the configuration and ask for immediate help because he loss millions and his shop is not functioning. In such cases tracing yhe problem is one thing but usually it needs time to recompile package after fixing something and that client constantly asking when wil it be fixed, when, when, wheeeen ;)

Thanked by 1twain
  • Ympker said: @Francisco can you confirm if cPanel import works flawlessly with DA?

If you mean importing from DirectAdmin to cpanel, it works OK, sometimes it has a problem with FTP passwod after import, - the account was imported succesfuly and it is working but I couldn't login to FTP, so I have to reset password from cpanel side after import.

But other way around... well, there is couple of plugins but it works only partially, 2 plugins that I found did not import SSL properly and after import it was old DNS records in the zone, what I mean it was like cpanel.site.com or whm.site.com that was not functioning for obwious reasons in DirectAdmin so in the end I prefer to migrate site or 2 by hand and not by using some kind of migration script.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited March 2019

@marson said:

Ympker said: @Francisco can you confirm if cPanel import works flawlessly with DA?

If you mean importing from DirectAdmin to cpanel, it works OK, sometimes it has a problem with FTP passwod after import, - the account was imported succesfuly and it is working but I couldn't login to FTP, so I have to reset password from cpanel side after import.

But other way around... well, there is couple of plugins but it works only partially, 2 plugins that I found did not import SSL properly and after import it was old DNS records in the zone, what I mean it was like cpanel.site.com or whm.site.com that was not functioning for obwious reasons in DirectAdmin so in the end I prefer to migrate site or 2 by hand and not by using some kind of migration script.

Thanks for the reply. Since most of the webhosts right now use probably cPanel or Plesk the import from cPanel to DA would be the important one. Meaning restoring a cPanel backup on DA. Guess easiest way would be to restore home directory and dtb then through DA restore and do the rest manually.

Ympker said: Thanks for the reply. Since most of the webhosts right now use probably cPanel or Plesk the import from cPanel to DA would be the important one. Meaning restoring a cPanel backup on DA. Guess easiest way would be to restore home directory and dtb then through DA restore and do the rest manually.

There's an (un)official script that repacks a cpmove into a directadmin format as far as I saw :)

Francisco

Thanked by 1Ympker

I think the only thing we're missing is a billing panel.

:thinking:

Francisco

Thanked by 2Ympker Limpan
  • @Ympker You can check this script http://www.custombuild.eu/cpanel/cpanel_to_da.sh - more info here http://forum.directadmin.com/showthread.php?t=52792&p=280613#post280613, the maintainer for this script is smtalk (one of the leader of DirectAdmin so you can always ask for help)

Thanked by 1Ympker