Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Creating A Music Streaming Service Like Grooveshark, Looking For Developers And A Server Sponsor!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Creating A Music Streaming Service Like Grooveshark, Looking For Developers And A Server Sponsor!

I have put plenty of thought into this project, I have a high interest in this also. I am highly influenced with working servers and I also cannot live without listening to some type of song on a daily basis. Music is what defines us and helps us connect. Music can relieve stress and can make you very happy in life.

I am looking into building a music streaming site, like GrooveShark, where users can upload their own music for maybe a cheap monthly rate of $1/Month for unlimited streaming. The only issue is, is that I have no idea how I would even code this, but I am on the learning curve for this. Because I lack in coding, I am looking for a coder for this project. You will develope the interface, which will be discussed later.

I am also looking for a sponsored server for this project, to help get it up and running. If you are interested please comment below or Email me at: [email protected]

Comments

• Good joke

• So, you want someone to program it for you and someone to give you the server. May I ask what are you going to do?

Thanked by 2Grimmy2 Droidzone
  • serverian said: So, you want someone to program it for you and someone to give you the server. May I ask what are you going to do?

Research licensing, ha JK that wasn't thought through

Thanked by 1Grimmy2
  • @serverian Administrate the server and yes, I am looking for someone to program it for me, but I am hoping for this specific person to stick around with me when running this. Profit will be discussed later through Email. I will also be learning from online tutorials on how to even go about programming this, so I will be somewhat of a helper. If you don't want to take me seriously, then you can just leave.

• I'm going to stick with Spencer's comment, good joke.

• Do you have an attorney to deal with the legal implications and licensing related to music streaming?

I'll be honest, you probably lost what credibility you had after the whole IRC incident, then selling your hosting company for almost nothing, starting a post2host, then this.

I think you just jump project to project, without actually dedicating yourself to what your actually doing.

Thanked by 1Jeffrey
  • As I recall, the last time you wanted to sell ad spots on your blog which had zero posts.

• MunMun Member

Forget coding, how about the license agreement with the music companies, do you have that, have you started?

-- Mun

• I think you need a huge $$ investment and a lawyer to get this done.

Thanked by 1Jeffrey
  • @Mun I will be looking into that very shortly.

• Tldr ;
    Free programmer,
    Free server,
    ???
    Profit!

Thanked by 1Jeffrey
  • c0yc0y Member
    edited October 2013

When I saw the title and who posted it I knew enough.

Reading the main post, he has clearly not done any decent research except for how he wants the UI to be.

You can't replace an existing solution without any programmer skills, big cash, lawyers or at least enough research

The dotcom bubble is long over, kid. Go home, there are enough entrepreneurs in the States that can't do much more than giving nice talks and dream about unrealistic plans/projects

Thanked by 1Jeffrey
  • You should ask for a FREE lawyer too. You seem to have forgotten to add that.

Thanked by 1Jeffrey
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@Jeffrey if you get the licensing sorted and written legal "yes this OK world wide/ EU only/USA only/other" from a legal professional who will put their name to it then drop me a PM/Mail I would be glad to support this.

• I love this kid! Everything for FREE.

• @Ian_ I never mentioned this was free.

• MunMun Member

@Jeffery, this is really none of my business, but do you have a job? You say you are 18 on your personal blog, but it doesn't mention any employment.

If you don't have a job, stop trying to create a company, and get a job. It will teach you a ton, and is a good research project for learning how a company operates.

Just my 2 cents.

Mun

• @Mun I am currently employed.