Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a European cloud VPS 2gb ram minimum max 4.5e/m
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a European cloud VPS 2gb ram minimum max 4.5e/m

mitdrissiamitdrissia Member
edited February 2019 in Requests

Hi, i am new here and i have looked around but i could not find a good answer on the following:
I am looking for a vps with the following requirements:

• Kvm or with dedicated cpu cores.
  • Minimum 2gb ram with 1 or 2 cores, minimum 20gb ssd, no overselling
  • Payment: paypal balance and/or sepa bank transfer. I don't have credit card so i can not go for linode,vultr,upcloud or digitalocean
  • Datacenter needs to be near Amsterdam.
  • good performance both in disk speed and network speed
  • Easy installation of wordpress.
  • Doss protection is a must.
  • no setup fee and if possible monthly contract so not paying 6 month in advance.
  • price: 2.5-4.5euro per month
  • Verification: As easy as possible

I found netcup offering Netcup RS 1000 8G which has dedicated cpu to be good for the price but when i wanted to order i send them a copy of an irs letter with my address and name on it. They said that its not valid and i need to have my picture with my address on it. They then said that i have to send them a valid document from my government. When i told them it costs a lot of money and time to get such a document which doesnt even have my face on it. Then they told me to send me a copy of my passport AND my driving license and a blank paper with the order number and me holding all 3 of the papers with my face and then send them that screenshot.
This is unheard of, especially for a monthly payment of 3euro. I will not accept to send so much legal documents to a hosting company just to have a basic vps. I have a verified paypal account. Easy to check.

Sorry for my bad english. I am from the netherlands.

Comments

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

Dedicated for 2.5-4.5 euro per month? Your dreams make me scared. :)

Netcup probably has some of the cheapest options which might attract people trying to abuse it so they are trying to safeguard themselves. Of course it is your decision whether you're in or out. Just as a hint, usually it should be fine to watermark the pictures with your documents.

As I mentioned in another thread, there is also @UltraVPS
    https://www.ultravps.eu/en/ (Aff-Link)
    They have several offers which might fit in your budget.
    For example "Cloud Special-2" at 3.33 EUR/month incl. VAT paid yearly.
    Quality of their services is great. They do have a location in Amsterdam.
    It is a yearly contract but it won't be easy to find a comparable price tag with monthly payment.

Thanked by 1UltraVPS
  • Sorry, i meant dedicated cpu cores like Netcup RS 1000 8G. I will change it.

• Ultravps does not have doss protection. And i dont want to buy in for 1 year.
    How can i pay to hetzner and how is the verification process?

• first-root.com, nodeweb.net, myloc.de

Thanked by 1First-Root
  • mitdrissiamitdrissia Member
    edited February 2019

First-root also does not have doss protection, myloc 2gb ram with one core as vm for 10e/m is too expensive and nodeweb is openvz.
    So as of right now i can only choose from hetzner.
    Any other vps hosting i can choose from which meet the requirements?
    How about scaleway? https://www.scaleway.com/baremetal-cloud-servers/ or ovh/kimsufi?
    Do they accept sepa banktransfer or paypal?

Thanked by 1belemenon
  • @eol might know

Thanked by 1eol
  • Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • scaleway only accept credit card

• High requirement and low budget which makes it hard. Change some things or make the effort with netcup

• HaendlerITHaendlerIT Member, Host Rep

We got servers in the netherlands and germany, but at the moment there are no SSD vserver available at our Netherlands location.

We do not oversell any resources, but for this price you wont get dedicated cores from us.

Both locations are ddos Protected. Germany by Voxility and netherlands by serverius.

You can find our offers here: https://kts24.com/vps

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited March 2019

mitdrissia said: Hi, i am new here and i have looked around but i could not find a good answer on the following

I am going to do you a favor, however, in order to take advantage of it, you need to be willing to raise your budget.

For a quality Netherlands provider that will provide:

• Kvm or with dedicated cpu cores.
    • Minimum 2gb ram with 1 or 2 cores,
    • minimum 20gb ssd, no overselling
    • Payment: paypal balance and/or sepa bank transfer.
    • Datacenter needs to be near Amsterdam.
    • good performance both in disk speed and network speed
    • Easy installation of wordpress.
    • Doss protection is a must.
    • no setup fee and if possible monthly contract so not paying 6 month in advance.
    • Verification: As easy as possible

Steps:
    1. Go to https://my.tilaa.com/en/configure-vps (note: as you are from Netherlands you may prefer to view it in Dutch ( https://my.tilaa.com/nl/vps-samenstellen )
    2. Using their awesome selector choose the resources that match what you need
    3. The defaults are only 1GB ram with 2 cores, you can upgrade the memory and downgrade the SSD storage to match your needs
    4. In the 'Software' section at the bottom, choose to install their 'WordPress Appliance' by selecting 'Appliance' then 'WordPress'

They additionally have two datacenters to choose from in NL, both are equally as good and you are put on nodes with 'Fair Share' bandwidth at 1Gbit (which if your read TOS is 5TB, but really is more than reasonable).

They have month-to-month payments or longer terms should you be satisfied with their services and want to renew for longer. They offer Paypal and SEPA for payment methods, if I recall correctly.

Now, with your specs, it isn't going to come out low end, however, if you can afford to downgrade ram to 1GB, you can get in at 6 Euro (with HDD or 7.50 Euro with SSD).

Servers are stable. Network is performant. Support is responsive. You get what you pay for.

You can keep digging and trying to find something better that fits, but I think this will likely be one of the better ways to go. Though I have not had to take advantage of it much, they also offer support in Dutch if I recall correctly, so this may also work out better for you.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Disclaimer: I do not work for or have any association with this business, instead I am a happy customer with 2 instances for more than a year and believe if you need a stable production ready place for your site in NL this will work well for you.

Thanked by 3uptime eol poisson
  • First root, wishosting

Thanked by 1First-Root
  • Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

@mitdrissia said:
    How can i pay to hetzner and how is the verification process?

Hi @mitdrissia, when you sign up for our Cloud, we will create the first invoice earlier than usual. We will only do this for the very first invoice. We find that it helps prevent abuse. After the first invoice, you will get invoices based on full calendar months. You can choose SEPA, bank transfer, credit card or Paypal as payment methods. It's also possible to make advance payments by bank transfer to our bank account. The amount will be posted as a credit on your account and we will automatically deduct this credit on your account when we process future invoices. Regarding account registration, our registration team may ask for ID verification. Please follow their instructions to successfully complete your account registration.
    --Julia, Marketing

Thanked by 1eol
  • Hey, another dutchie! Hetzner and OVH will be your best bet if you want ddos protection and a big brand provider. Otherwise, you could try buyvm if Luxemburg is okay, otherwise another dutch provider, called liteserver might be a good option.

Thanked by 2eol Hetzner_OL
  • mitdrissiamitdrissia Member
    edited March 2019

Thanks guys for all the answers. I might go with hetzner cloud cx11. thanks
    Can i easily upgrade in a later stadium?

Thanked by 1eol
  • eoleol Member
    edited March 2019

@mitdrissia said:
    Thanks guys for all the answers. I might go with hetzner cloud cx11. thanks
    Can i easily upgrade in a later stadium?

Excellent choice.
    Yes, you can.

Is it possible to automatically switch between different models?

With the CX models, clients can automatically upgrade from a smaller model to a larger one via the Robot webinterface.

https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/VServer/en

EDIT2:

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • mitdrissia said: Thanks guys for all the answers. I might go with hetzner cloud cx11. thanks

Interesting, as I though you were looking for a host in the Netherlands with Dutch support, but seems your budget probably overrules this? I still think you would do better to go with what I suggested, but I understand if you don't.

Cheers!

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2019

mitdrissia said: dedicated cpu cores

mitdrissia said: 2.5-4.5euro per month

I will take 2 unicorns as well please, a rocking horse turd and a cure for death.