Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Downgrade cPanel version?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Downgrade cPanel version?

Looking at their forum, they claim it is not possible to downgrade from a major version, but what about a minor one? 78.13 to 78.12 for example?

Comments

• If you pay your hard earn money for it, you should be able to downgrade it to whatever version you want.

Thanked by 2eol dahartigan
  • @desfire said:
    Looking at their forum, they claim it is not possible to downgrade from a major version, but what about a minor one? 78.13 to 78.12 for example?

Check their forum.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

What's the point?

• AndruAndru Member
    edited February 2019

In matter of security i dont know if a downgrade is good.

• @zuby2402 said:
    In matter of secutity i dont know if a downgrade is good.

I like Secutity very much.

• Maybe
    sudo apt-get downgrade cpanel

• @plusnettr said:
    Maybe

• @eol said:

@plusnettr said:
    Maybe

befehl nicht gefunden is my favorite rammstein song

Thanked by 1eol
  • security* :blush:

• 36062023606202 Member
    edited February 2019

Downgrades should be added to the list of human rights. Every man and every woman (& every non-binary person) should have the indispensable right to downgrade where they want, when they want and to what they want. I, personally, will downgrade to being single soon. But I am under the impression that this might be a large upgrade in the end.

Thanked by 3eol Janevski Chuck
  • eoleol Member
    edited February 2019

I agree.

EDIT2:
    In all points.
    Especially the last one.

Thanked by 23606202 Janevski
  • Human rights?
    Human privileges.

Thanked by 1eol
  • It varies with every company. Check their form first.

• okayservers1 said: It varies with every company. Check their form first.

Random posting of the day. And I thought that I am useless.

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Used to be option to select between stable, release, current and edge and re-update, not anymore and you cannot select tiers that are older than the installed version.

• happybeehappybee Member, Host Rep

It is better to check this case with the cPanel support team. They usually respond within 4 hours. If you are experiencing any issues on your websites by cPanel or by the basic configuration of the cPanel-bundled software, they will be able to help you. You can contact their support using the following URL.

https://tickets.cpanel.net/review/login.cgi

• Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

• ChuckChuck Member
    edited March 2019

I'm planning to sue microsoft for not letting me to Downgrade my windows 10 to Windows ME.

I mean what the f. I paid with my hard earn money but microsoft still wants to control what to do with my computer!? what a bunch of bastards.

• eoleol Member

Microsoft?
    Disgusting...

• @Chuck said:
    If you pay your hard earn money for it, you should be able to downgrade it to whatever version you want.

Company like Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo pay a lot of more money to prevent you to downgrade your console.

• @MikeA said:
    What's the point?

Basically, a friend of mine had the non-stable version clicked and upgraded, there were some changes he did not like, however, as master version was the same I was able to downgrade by changing back to "stable" and forcing an upgrade.

Not sure if it's possible in between master version.

• Tell your mate it's not possible and move along