Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Competitive or similar cloud hosting providers to lunanode
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Competitive or similar cloud hosting providers to lunanode

Hi, as reflected by my recent posts on this site, I've become a big fan of the cloud hosting products available at lunanode. I'm wondering if anyone knows any competitive services that offer the same or similar features, i.e. the ability to deploy cloud servers with "floating ip's", save and restore images, and so forth, at competitive prices.

I like lunanode, they are great. Going to keep using them for sure. I am looking to open another account at a provider that might have a U.S. data center although this is not an absolute necessity. Was just wondering if anyone knows of hosting providers offering similar services.

Thanked by 1perennate

Comments

• aws

• imokimok Member
    edited February 2019

aws

EDIT:
    also do and vultr

• But AWS's prices are way higher than Lunanode...by a lot.

• ehabehab Member
    edited February 2019

hey @imok same time/content post. Wow, maybe we can be best friends :)

• ehab said: maybe we can be best friends

good luck with my friendship

Thanked by 4ehab eol MasonR sgheghele
  • try other big providers --- and prepare the cash

• Vultr quite good and easy to use

• Binary lane is the same for Australia if you're interested in the land down under (where beer does flow and men chunder)

Thanked by 1p50
  • p50p50 Member

@dahartigan said:
    Binary lane is the same for Australia if you're interested in the land down under (where beer does flow and men chunder)

Binary lane is a good referral. Similar type of service I was looking for. Yet the packet transport/latency time from Australia to the EU is a bit slow.

Does anyone know any other similar non-Amazon hosting services, that allow for server images to be saved/redeployed for virtual VPS instances?

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • poissonpoisson Member
    edited March 2019

Upcloud claims to be as least good as other major cloud providers in most aspects but beats them hands down in iops performance. I have an affiliate link you can use to get 25 bucks free credit to try.

EDIT: made a silly markdown syntax typo earlier

• williewillie Member
    edited March 2019

p50 said: that allow for server images to be saved/redeployed for virtual VPS instances?

Hetzner cloud has that, though they are only in Germany and Finland. Scaleway also has something like it. Is it a standard OpenStack thing? If yes, OVH might have it.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • Upcloud has good clocks and decent access to cpu.

Although I didn't see much IOPS in my limited use

Thanked by 1poisson
  • p50p50 Member

Looks like OVH does have it. Looking at the web page now. OVH offers "VPS cloud" servers with snapshot backups. That's what I'm looking for. Although it seems like a lot of people here are down on OVH in general. What's there reputation like these days? I'd be using OVH-Beauharnois.

• williewillie Member
    edited March 2019

Vultr has it and it's free there for now. I'm using it for my nextcloud instance.