Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virmach is charging suspension/administration fee for a canceled service
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virmach is charging suspension/administration fee for a canceled service

butterflybutterfly Member
edited February 2019 in Providers

The service they are charging me for was canceled after one month elapsed which was what I paid for and it cost 2.50$. From the nowhere an invoice of 25$ generated for suspension and admin fee. This is the first time I am seeing this as it's new to me. I have used them a couple of times and when i pay with bitcoin it is usually a month service and it gets terminated after then or I will cancel myself. I have asked their support to explain how 25$ came about but they just seen bent on me paying without an explanation. It's not like I used any service that wasn't paid for, now I can order any service from them because they said I must pay the 25, seems to me they do not care about explaining how that came out.

Thanked by 2darkimmortal pluush

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited February 2019

Sue'em.

P.S. Kitten murderer.

Thanked by 2eol hostdare
  • The end is nigh

Thanked by 1eol
  • You didn't cancel the service in whmcs.
    You didn't pay for the service assuming it will cancel itself when it doesn't.
    You don't want to pay the fee but still wants to use their cheap service.
    You post on LET to complain.

• Semi related tip, review your Paypal account every few months for automatic payments. Cancel them if you're not sure you want to renew.

Thanked by 2uptime eol
  • Virmach gave so much love last BF that these things are just a blip. So pay and learn.

• @butterfly said:
    The service they are charging me for was canceled after one month elapsed which was what I paid for and it cost 2.50$. From the nowhere an invoice of 25$ generated for suspension and admin fee. This is the first time I am seeing this as it's new to me. I have used them a couple of times and when i pay with bitcoin it is usually a month service and it gets terminated after then or I will cancel myself. I have asked their support to explain how 25$ came about but they just seen bent on me paying without an explanation. It's not like I used any service that wasn't paid for, now I can order any service from them because they said I must pay the 25, seems to me they do not care about explaining how that came out.

You did use service without paying for it though. I doubt their system terminates your container the day after it's due. There is a grace period. So you just let the container go until all of the grace period is up and then order again. This is abuse of their system.

• This guy @butterfly joins today at 7:24 pm and starts a thread with that opening comment. Can't take him seriously.

• then --- Mr.@deank can pay his bills, since he is ending soon and first to moan about this disaster.

• make use of the cash Cashu

Thanked by 2eol uptime
  • i almost thought i am in the cest.

Thanked by 2eol uptime
  • Don't stop now.

• C'est la Vie

Thanked by 1eol
  • darkimmortaldarkimmortal Member
    edited February 2019

That is ridiculous business practice, won't be touching them with a bargepole

At that point I'd walk away and never deal with them again, never heard of having to cancel a non-contract service. As long as you weren't doing what another poster described ie repeatedly taking advantage of grace periods, and even then you're well within your right to walk away and disregard that outrageous bill (minus the clear conscience)

Thanked by 2Xei kkrajk
  • how about post some proof?

• @ehab said:
    Virmach gave so much love last BF that these things are just a blip.

Disregarding if said accusations are true or not thats not an excuse ^

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2019

butterfly said: This is the first time I am seeing this

Yet you ticked a box before payment that confirmed you read and understood this:

Bad business practice? yes absolutely

Bad personal practice to 100% voluntarily agree without any pressure to explicit terms then assume they will not be enforced? yes absolutely.

Thanked by 2eol masteri
  • What the actual fuck are those fees?

Thanked by 3eol Xei dedotatedwam
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited February 2019

Those fees are basically "fuck off" fees.

They don't want your business unless you're ready to play ball.

And that's fine by me.

Keeps it reasonably priced for those of us who don't fuck up their business model too much.

EDIT2:

Virmach is for Idlers™

• Well Virmach is owned by ColoCrossing

• uptime said: Virmach is for Idlers™

I haven't been idling my SSD32G at all.

Thanked by 2uptime eol
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited February 2019

The exception that proves the rule.

I'll allow it. :)

EDIT2:

I'm j/k about "idlers only" but I'm not looking to stress the super-cheap ones I have - I do keep an eye on the cpu use on a one-core or two-core critter if it's doing more than light webserver duty.

I like them because they are solid, consistent performers - not necessarily superstars ... but beautiful.

I'm no fan of cc's puppet summerhost racket, but I'm not too concerned about cc in the mix here either - though in any case I don't believe virmach is "owned" ... but whatever, idgaf about that, I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Buffaloe 4 life!

Thanked by 3eol poisson MasonR
  • FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

darkimmortal said: At that point I'd walk away and never deal with them again, never heard of having to cancel a non-contract service.

"non-contract service". Agreeing to terms and paying closes a legally binding contract between the provider and you, the customer.

Thanked by 2eol maverickp
  • That’s the colo crossing coming out of the Virmach, didn’t they have heaps of issues with their Chinese customers?

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited February 2019

heaps of issues with their Chinese customerw?

They wouldn't be the first ...

But I'm fairly ignorant, have only been paying attention to virmach since I've been using them for a couple years. I'd be interested to know if any horror stories, for the lulz or whatever.

EDIT2:

What's up with that "grape" sig though? It's cool but ... mysterious.

• XeiXei Member
    edited February 2019

I just got an email from Virmach saying I had over 100 SSH sessions open to my server and it's been suspended. I have never had more than a few open on my end plus I rarely have ever used the VPS (it just idles). I mentioned it definitely have to be an error of some kind. I've had servers for over a decade and never had a suspension anywhere ever let alone more than a handful of active SSH connections ever. I can only imagine it's a fault of the script they use. This is beyond bizarre if anything...

Edit: I did reply to the suspension notice. Still waiting to hear back from them.

Thanked by 2eol uptime
  • @Xei said:
    ... I rarely have ever used the VPS (it just idles).

Exemplary.

Thanked by 2uptime Xei
  • @Xei said:
    I just got an email from Virmach saying I had over 100 SSH sessions open to my server and it's been suspended. I have never had more than a few open on my end plus I rarely have ever used the VPS (it just idles).

Wild. I use one of mine for a jumphost (to keep track of my idlers, mostly).

It's not unusual for me to have 50 ssh sessions going in tmux (though I'm just looking at about a dozen on the virmach jumphost right now)

Thanked by 1eol
  • On a sidenote:
    Someone could fix the thread title.
    There are 2 "a"'s, 1 too many.

• XeiXei Member
    edited February 2019

@uptime said:

@Xei said:
    I just got an email from Virmach saying I had over 100 SSH sessions open to my server and it's been suspended. I have never had more than a few open on my end plus I rarely have ever used the VPS (it just idles).

Wild. I use one of mine for a jumphost (to keep track of my idlers, mostly).

It's not unusual for me to have 50 ssh sessions going in tmux (though I'm just looking at about a dozen on the virmach jumphost right now)

My initial thought was were they compromised
    (the node or their email system), though that I'd imagine is unlikely so I imagine some script malfunctioned. I'm using the latest Debian and I didn't install any additional services, no one else has SSH access, etc. I just checked my desktop I only had one SSH session open to Virmach via Kitty.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@eol said:
    On a sidenote:
    Someone could fix the thread title.
    There are 2 "a"'s, 1 too many.

Fixed it for you :)

Thanked by 1eol