Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quote's please guy's to replace current eukhost package (at least 13 years a customer)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Quote's please guy's to replace current eukhost package (at least 13 years a customer)

Were looking to replace our current vps with a dedicated server, or possibly another vps, we host a few websites which could probably even be removed, I believe the server has around 30-60 domains registered to it but it could be more we cant login to plesk to say and its not easy just from rdp to tell, email may have been hosted on there at one time but it now not required as we have a hosted exchanged server, so the use of this box is becoming less, it has two nameservers registered to it and is used for name resolution. I have thought about moving this role to the hosted exchange box but would rather keep them separate.. I saw a template spec so have filled it in but to be honest were easy on the spec.
Our current provider manages the service but really we hardly log a ticket anymore.. I am leaving them after finding out that for the last few years after charging us the same every month, the plesk key had expired making the front end unmanageable, they cant provide one as the server is now too old and want us to do all the working moving it over, not good for a managed provider, surely they should have worked with us to move it over years ago, they have no problem charging us for not doing it.. we moved to this server in 2006 and have been with it for 13 years !!!!!!
In excess of this spec would be nice !! current spec below

VZ Type:
ANY

CPU
Quad Core Intel Xeon CPU

Number of Cores:
RAM: 8GB
Disk Space: 2x1TB SATA
Disk Type: SATA raid 1

Bandwidth:
unlimited (not essential)

Port Speed:
1gb or 100mb (nothing on this box is speed sensitive)

DDoS Protection:
Yes

Number of IPs:
3 (2 for nameservers)(1 for email/websites)

Budget:
Happy to tell anyone via private message what we are paying, but I'm sure you guy's know what's a good price for what is potentially a loyal long term customer and I'm sure this spec isnt huge

Billing period:
Currently monthly would consider others

Comments

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited February 2019

In a similar position to you, though on a different spec vmware (expensive) box.
    You haven't mentioned the actual environment that you're using, the HA option being the premium one.
    Do bear in mind that eukhost has a strong infrastructure on enterprise hardware and (usually) responsive 24/7 live chat support. A replacement provider may struggle to match this. [I'm contemplating a compromise with @HostDoc Flash sales though.]

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • Were using a windows o/s with a plesk control panel currently, I didn't even realise there were dedicated vps's available.. flash sales.. I'll have to watch out for one of those but thats fine with us.. cheers for your reply

• Thought it was Windoze, with the mention of Plesk - v. sad. Presumably on a Hyper-V system, so you'll be needing KVM or similar and defo not OpenVZ etc. Better still, use a proper OS! :wink:

Thanked by 1eol
  • JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited February 2019

Guys, i think this is the actual, current, production microsoft.com server we are talking about.

Thanked by 1eol
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Getting 4 cores, 8GB ram and 1TB of disk space suitable for hosting is going to be much cheaper on a dedicated server than on a high spec VPS node.

In terms of UK network speed, ddos protection and support you may want to consider @Clouvider

As a rough Idea VPS wise for your specs:

4 CPU Cores (Equal Share)
    8 GB Ram
    320 GB Disk space
    5000 GB Bandwidth @ 1 gbit (shared)
    1 x IPv4 address
    1 x /64 IPv6

€24.00 p/month.
    https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=167

Obviously this falls short on storage so the next one up that comes closer is:

4 CPU Cores (Equal Share)
    16 GB Ram
    640 GB Disk space
    6000 GB Bandwidth @ 1 gbit (shared)
    1 x IPv4 address
    1 x /64 IPv6

€48.00 p/month
    https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=168

You will probably find people that can offer a VPS + block storage but I would not suggest that is going to work well for plesk+windows or shared hosting generally unless you don't really care about random read performance and have it well cached.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @Janevski said:
    Guys, i think this is the actual, current, production microsoft.com server we are talking about.

Indeed it is :-)

Thanked by 1eol
  • Ok, thx, bai.

• BTW, I'd already specifically mentioned @Clouvider & @AnthonySmith in a PM. Just saying.
    Must be lurking for too long! :open_mouth: