Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

High Storage for LTS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

High Storage for LTS

nuxlinuxli Member
edited February 2019 in Requests

Hey all,

Looking for High Storage Servers for long term seeding. I want to use this primarily for long term seeding and will use autodl to grab some too. Plex if possible will be a bonus.

PS: I know Hetzner is an option but I have heard that they need passport copy etc which I refuse to provide.

Mentioned below are the details:

Number of Cores:
RAM: Minimum of 16 GB
Disk Space: Minimum 16 TB (the more the better)
Disk Type: HDD

Bandwidth: 40-50 TB
Port Speed: NA

DDoS Protection: No

Number of IPs: 1 to 3

Europe preferably without having to worry about DMCA

Budget:
Upto Euro 50 (can go 60 Euros)

Billing period:
Monthly

Edit - $ to Euro

Comments

• @nuxli said:
    PS: I know Hetzner is an option but I have heard that they need passport copy etc which I refuse to provide.

I never had to send them anything but money.

Thanked by 2dahartigan nuxli
  • @eol said:

@nuxli said:

Is that a recent change. I can find threads on reddit from 2-3 months ago stating they need it. Thanks for the reply though.

• @nuxli said:

@eol said:

@nuxli said:

Is that a recent change. I can find threads on reddit from 2-3 months ago stating they need it. Thanks for the reply though.

I guess it depends.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

I thought it depends on how "dodgy" your information looked.

Thanked by 1eol
  • @Mr_Tom said:

John Doe

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • Raise your price, lol..

• @chocolateshirt said:
    Raise your price, lol..

Just realised I mentioned $ instead of Euro. Added more clarity.

Thanked by 1eol
  • @nuxli said:

@chocolateshirt said:
    Raise your price, lol..

Just realised I mentioned $ instead of Euro. Added more clarity.

Ovh storage 24TB for $~110

• @Mr_Tom said:

This is for all new accounts irrespective of the 'dodgy' account. Just got an email stating the same. All my details are correct however not very comfortable sharing the document.

• @nuxli said:

@Mr_Tom said:

This is for all new accounts irrespective of the 'dodgy' account. Just got an email stating the same. All my details are correct however not very comfortable sharing the document.

Can you post the mail in question?

Thanked by 1Lest
  • @eol said:

@nuxli said:

@Mr_Tom said:

Can you post the mail in question?

PM Sent

Thanked by 1eol
  • Looks like all new customers are required to provide means of identification now.

Thanked by 1nuxli
  • Hetzner Auction 973408 + VPN (TorGuard, NordVPN, PIA).
    Don't overthink it, just Hetzner.

Thanked by 3eol nuxli Hetzner_OL
  • @AC_Fan said:
    Hetzner Auction 973408 + VPN (TorGuard, NordVPN, PIA).

If the verification goes through (without ID copy then great), if not I will need alternatives. Thanks

• At least you were upfront about the DMCA stuff. I wonder if @cociu has something for you? He's the man to see for that sort of thing, but I'm not sure if he provides the specs you're after. I haven't used them myself so don't take this as a recommendation, just throwing that out there.

Thanked by 1nuxli
  • Slightly over your max. budget (65€ for your config without VAT), but:
    https://www.seedhost.eu/dedicated-seedboxes.php (preinstalled seedbox)
    https://www.seedhost.eu/dedicated-servers.php (bare server)
    For LTS + Plex 8GB RAM should be okay (to get the price down).
    But on the plus side, it would not only be good for LTS but some mid-end racing too.
    And they don't necessarily want to know your name...

Or https://xirvik.com/servers -> custom config or maybe their dolphin: https://xirvik.com/seedboxes/plan/23-1-gbits-power-dedicated-servers

But OVH/SyS should have something as well, no? I just don't know how paranoid they are these days when it comes to customer verification.

• i just got a nice hetzner box and a cheap french(sys) box with wireguard setup so i can torrent away :)

• @Tripleflix said:
    i just got a nice hetzner box and a cheap french(sys) box with wireguard setup so i can torrent away :)

How does wireguard between you and your server protect you from DMCA reports submitted to Hetzner?

• I was asked for ID when I placed order at home with my broadband. I gave them my US DL.

• @TimboJones said:

@Tripleflix said:
    i just got a nice hetzner box and a cheap french(sys) box with wireguard setup so i can torrent away :)

How does wireguard between you and your server protect you from DMCA reports submitted to Hetzner?

The SyS server is OVH, and we all know how strict OVH is about DMCA.

• @AC_Fan said:

@TimboJones said:

@Tripleflix said:

lol, but the network will be 250 mbps

• @chocolateshirt said:

@AC_Fan said:

@TimboJones said:

@Tripleflix said:

lol, but the network will be 250 mbps

Except that's OVH 250Mbps guaranteed, which I'll take over Hetzner 1Gbit anyday for seeding purposes.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2019

nuxli said: PS: I know Hetzner is an option but I have heard that they need passport copy etc which I refuse to provide.

There is a server delegation. I can delegate the server.

The disadvantage of most data centers is when the server enters the DHT, then a complaint is automatically generated to the data center from FreindMTS, IP-Echelon and others. To distribute files, it is necessary to prohibit connecting to DHT.

This is how it looks: https://abuse.watch/2018/07/07/abuse-message-abuseid508f7724-abuseipechelon-notice-of-claimed-infringement-case-id-5f4da47d06f339c5ac51/

Thanked by 2that_guy uptime
  • @AC_Fan said:

@TimboJones said:

@Tripleflix said:

So the point about Wireguard was irrelevant?

• nuxli said: Europe preferably without having to worry about DMCA

this forum is white hat i guess

• Thanks a ton guys for all the input. Time for some research based on the suggestions.

• @TimboJones said:

@AC_Fan said:

@TimboJones said:

@Tripleflix said:

He is using the SyS server as VPN server, so I don't think Wireguard is irrelevant. He isn't directly using it as torrent server, tho why he didn't get a commercial VPN is beyond me.

• @AC_Fan said:
    Hetzner Auction 973408 + VPN (TorGuard, NordVPN, PIA).

Hetzner is fine for some seeding application, but any racing or high speed seeding, they can't compare to Leaseweb or Yisp.

• @AC_Fan said:

@TimboJones said:

@AC_Fan said:

@TimboJones said:

@Tripleflix said:

He is using the SyS server as VPN server, so I don't think Wireguard is irrelevant. He isn't directly using it as torrent server, tho why he didn't get a commercial VPN is beyond me.

A commercial VPN costs (almost) just as much, and now i get a full VPS with in this case storage as well which i can use. A speed of 250mb is enough for my use anyway.

• @Tripleflix said:

@AC_Fan said:

@TimboJones said:

@AC_Fan said:

@TimboJones said:

@Tripleflix said:

A commercial VPN costs (almost) just as much, and now i get a full VPS with in this case storage as well which i can use. A speed of 250mb is enough for my use anyway.

Are you using an ARM box as VPN server? That's the only cheap SyS server I know. What's your review of it for VPN purposes?