Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OneProvider Customer Information Compromised
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OneProvider Customer Information Compromised

Thanked by 1Winne

Comments

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited February 2019

That poor 'frontend entity', it was still a virgin, such penetration has left it wide open to new things and experiences it was not yet ready for.

Are they sure it was only a single 'frontend entity' which was hurt or taken advantage of? We should riot for these poor 'frontend entity's' and take up funds to help them with their legal defense!

No, but seriously, who calls their 'panel' a 'frontend entity'?

Cheers!

Thanked by 3eol uptime inklight
  • He already announced that the end in nigh on this issue 2 hours ago at HB. Let's see if there will be a second coming of our savior

• He’s only been wrong a few hundred times. Where did you get this OP? email or on the site?

• @corbpie said:
    He’s only been wrong a few hundred times. Where did you get this OP? email or on the site?

I can confirm I received this exact email.

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited February 2019

I am not wrong. All things are designed to end.

It's not if but when.

Join Nigh sect and get a 66.6% discount on a seat in the Hell. Why would you want to go to the Heaven? The last thing I want is a goody-goody lady telling me what's right and wrong.

Thanked by 3eol Gravely Janevski
  • I reject any religion incorporating outdated concepts like heaven and hell.

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • Nobody expects the Spanish inquisition!
    ...and they're all riding on a bus, coming this way, in a hurry.

Damn it, i can't find the whole video... They've blocked it on ScrewTube.
    It is so LET - like, i love it.

Thanked by 1eol
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Yeah I got that email, but I have never used them, so I assume the breach was to actually inject information rather than to extract it haha.

• That’s odd because I didnt receive the email and I have 2 active servers with them.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@corbpie said:
    That’s odd because I didnt receive the email and I have 2 active servers with them.

It’s official then, one provider = CC

• @corbpie said:
    ... I have 2 active servers ...

Active servers!
    You are supposed to idle!
    Heretic!

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @eol said:

@corbpie said:

Active servers!
    Heretic!

Idling dedi’s 🥴 cmon bruuuuuuh

Thanked by 1eol
  • @eol said:

@corbpie said:

Active servers!
    Heretic!

We ain't all made of $$$ $7 is my budget for idlers

Thanked by 1eol
  • ChuckChuck Member
    edited February 2019

"take this situation very seriously" is over used by every companies AFTER they got hacked.

Why didn't take it very seriously Before? Sue them!

Thanked by 1eol
  • They have stupid panel with ultimate ultra super slow support. Every issue needs to be forward to the “datacenter” and it may takes 3 days to resolve a simple server reboot. The worst dedicated server provider I have dealt with.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • probably because only OneProvider does all the works?

• @TheLinuxBug said:
    No, but seriously, who calls their 'panel' a 'frontend entity'?

Google Translator?

Thanked by 1eol
  • eol said: I reject any religion incorporating outdated concepts like heaven and hell.

Good thing you changed your sig then...because you were previously quoting a Gregorian friar.

Thanked by 1eol
  • eoleol Member

@virtuakid said:

eol said: I reject any religion incorporating outdated concepts like heaven and hell.

Good thing you changed your sig then...because you were previously quoting a Gregorian friar.

Yeah.
    I know.
    Now.

• @corbpie said:
    That’s odd because I didnt receive the email and I have 2 active servers with them.

This is what they told me just now regarding this

https://prnt.sc/n34z5q

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

So, let me get this straight.

• They don't actually specify how the passwords were hashed, which means that for all we know it could be MD5 and it might as well not be hashed at all.
    • They're moving the burden of security to the customers by requiring them to change their password every 6 months, a strategy which is known to have the opposite effect by making people pick simpler passwords so that they can still remember them.
    • They provide zero information about the actual nature of the compromise, or how they are going to prevent it in the future.

Yeah, "taking it seriously" my ass.

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • @TheDrunkenDribbler said:

@corbpie said:

I struggle to find how only some customers where impacted by a breach, unless they store info in many databases and the hack effected users who signed up after a certain date.

• @corbpie said:

@TheDrunkenDribbler said:

@corbpie said:

I struggle to find how only some customers where impacted by a breach, unless they store info in many databases and the hack effected users who signed up after a certain date.

I deleted my account with them.

• eoleol Member

NOneProvider.

• Well, nothing is secure anymore... time to move to a new planet.

• eoleol Member

Insecurity is the nature of life.

Thanked by 1Janevski