Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are the best providers options with Cpanel? Shared or Reseller?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What are the best providers options with Cpanel? Shared or Reseller?

Hello,

I could see a few server's options that use Cpanel.
It is not a problem if it is Shared or Reseller.

I prefer Reseller because I can use WHM.

One good option I could see in Low End Box was:

SHARED 100GB

100 GB SSD Space
2 TB Bandwidth
Shared IP Address
Softaculous Installer
Host Unlimited Domains
LiteSpeed Web Server
cPanel Control Panel
CloudLinux Optimized
Free Website Migration
DDoS Protection
New York Datacenter
$5/year

This option looks good to me. But I do not know if it is not a scammer.

I need to use MOODLE on it. So, the MYSQL database has something near 2GB RAM and depending of the time of the day... 10 to 20 simultaneos connections.

Yes, I know I can send a support message to each provider. But in my mind it is better to ask you because you have idea of a lot of provides.

Thank you.

Comments

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited February 2019

No, just no. $5/yr for 100GB SSD space, that's too good to be true. The usage of 2GB RAM is consider high, at about $30-40/yr you will find something more stable and realistic.

EDIT: I just check out your previous thread, seriously with 4000 employers you can't afford something like $0.05/person/yr for a better infrastructure?

Thanked by 2Janevski eol

You can't just look at the price and say, hey look I can fit an elephant into a car. Isn't it that you waste more money looking around and keep migrating between different servers due to "abuse"?

It is just simply not possible for the price unless it is a crazy deal, you just have to pay more to have something stable.

Thanked by 1eol
  • @FAT32 said:
    No, just no. $5/yr for 100GB SSD space, that's too good to be true. The usage of 2GB RAM is consider high, at about $30-40/yr you will find something more stable and realistic.

EDIT: I just check out your previous thread, seriously with 4000 employers you can't afford something like $0.05/person/yr for a better infrastructure?

2Gb RAM all the time?

Because when you have 5 to 20 people online it is NOT so much. Or in your mind it is?

It can have 10k employers. I am talking about simultaneos connections.
    It does not mean that all them use at the same time. You can start 100 classes, right?

And they do not need to start at the same time.

• @FAT32 said:
    You can't just look at the price and say, hey look I can fit an elephant into a car. Isn't it that you waste more money looking around and keep migrating between different servers due to "abuse"?

It is just simply not possible for the price unless it is a crazy deal, you just have to pay more to have something stable.

Bring the options you know.
    :)

You need to provide more information such as what specifications you are looking for, location, storage and bandwidth are some important factors to consider.

Thanked by 1DragonDF
  • heeheheh.
    You wrote I needed something BETTER than what I specify before. So, in my mind you had to say what "I needed".
    I prefer USA (cheaper)

Storage: 50Gb or more

Bandwidth: 2Tb:

100 GB SSD Space
    2 TB Bandwidth
    Shared IP Address
    Softaculous Installer
    Host Unlimited Domains
    LiteSpeed Web Server
    cPanel Control Panel
    CloudLinux Optimized
    Free Website Migration
    DDoS Protection
    New York Datacenter
    $5/year

@DragonDF said:
    heeheheh.
    You wrote I needed something BETTER than what I specify before. So, in my mind you had to say what "I needed".

How the heck I know how much storage you needed for your setup? Why unlimited domains? Why reseller account? Do you really want to host something else other than your Moodle on that sad little weak server?

All I can say is good luck on your Moodle setup. I am out.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

The end is nigh.

Thanked by 2Janevski eol
  • From my limited experience with the hosting world, I think if you pay $30/yr for that spec you might be offered a chance to migrate to another host when your provider deadpooled. However, if you pay $5/yr for that spec, you are doomed to loose your money and data some day in the near future.

Thanked by 1DragonDF
  • @DragonDF Look at it this way - you'll be giving $5 for nothing, when you get terminated for resource abuse, which shall happen soon enough.
    If you're so keen on giving money for free, you might as well donate.

Thanked by 2DragonDF eol
  • No one will allow you to use 2GB of RAM for database on $5/years ..

About Moodle.. I will just tag @trewq

Thanked by 1DragonDF
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@hardgamers said:

Thanks!

@DragonDF you need something better, Moodle will run on shared hosting but I'd use a VPS. These are so many little tweaks you can do to improve performance that you can't do in a shared environment.

PHP will use 50MB of RAM or there about per logged in user.

What's your primary usage? Are you going to be doing quizzes? SCORM packages? Just using it to access LTI activities?

Thanked by 1DragonDF
  • @trewq said:

@hardgamers said:

Thanks!

@DragonDF you need something better, Moodle will run on shared hosting but I'd use a VPS. These are so many little tweaks you can do to improve performance that you can't do in a shared environment.

What's your primary usage? Are you going to be doing quizzes? SCORM packages? Just using it to access LTI activities?

Hello!

Moodle has one course with 4 modules (text only) and 1 forum in each where the student needs to make 1 post.
    So, the student needs to access the plataform and read the text before make the post.

I could see 10 students at the same time. So, if I use 50 RAM x 10 = 500 Mb RAM.
    Let's imagine than in a specific time you can have 20 students online (I have never seen it) = 1 GB RAM.

This is not continuous.

Thank you for your interest.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@DragonDF said:

@trewq said:

@hardgamers said:

Thanks!

Hello!

Moodle has one course with 4 modules (text only) and 1 forum in each where the student needs to make 1 post.
    So, the student needs to access the plataform and read the text before make the post.

I could see 10 students at the same time. So, if I use 50 RAM x 10 = 500 Mb RAM.
    Let's imagine than in a specific time you can have 20 students online (I have never seen it) = 1 GB RAM.

This is not continuous.

Thank you for your interest.

If you don't care too much about load times shared hosting should be fine then. Make sure it's not a bottom of the barrel like you posted above.

Checkout buyshared, you'll probably have much better luck. Also use a email sending service instead of straight off the server.

Thanked by 1DragonDF
  • For what it's worth, the only shared hosting provider on the LEB page that has been decent is from Hosting73.

I haven't put any of my clients on there, and I don't think I could ever do that because it feels like cheating, but it's had no downtime for the whole time I've had it (months, took it as soon as the deal was posted) and I've set up a canary page on WordPress with keyword monitoring.

They don't allow you to send email from the server, which I think has deterred the abusers. Can't complain for the price.

Thanked by 1DragonDF
  • trewq said: If you don't care too much about load times shared hosting should be fine then. Make sure it's not a bottom of the barrel like you posted above.

Checkout buyshared, you'll probably have much better luck. Also use a email sending service instead of straight off the server.

Yes, I have used SENDGRID (to e-mail) for a bit more than 1 month.
    It gave me a few problems but it is working fine now. Limited to 100 e-mails by day.

• @dahartigan said:
    For what it's worth, the only shared hosting provider on the LEB page that has been decent is from Hosting73.

I haven't put any of my clients on there, and I don't think I could ever do that because it feels like cheating, but it's had no downtime for the whole time I've had it (months, took it as soon as the deal was posted) and I've set up a canary page on WordPress with keyword monitoring.

They don't allow you to send email from the server, which I think has deterred the abusers. Can't complain for the price.

Thank you for your review.

I could only see 3 posts of it on LEB:
    https://lowendbox.com/tag/hosting73/

Shared #1

5GB SSD Storage
    1 Domain
    300GB Bandwidth
    Softaculous/Free SSL
    cPanel/DDoS Protection
    New York Datacenter
    Free Migration
    $1/yr