Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KVM VPS | 8 Locations | From £16 Per Year | DDOS Protected. - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KVM VPS | 8 Locations | From £16 Per Year | DDOS Protected.

Comments

• @LeonDynamic said:
    @dahartigan @hostdoc how does the dual disk work. Does it show as separate drives?

Yup it does, u have to mkfs and Mount

• imokimok Member
    edited February 2019

@HostDoc disks in USA are RAID? Which one?

• @imok said:
    @HostDoc disks in USA are RAID? Which one?

In USA, both HDD and NVMe are RAID1.
    In SG just the NVMe is RAID 1.

Thanked by 2uptime dahartigan
  • @pakhosting said:
    There is no Game Firewall Panel like in other vps providers. Like suppose in OVH Game all knows inbound UDP ports are defaulted we need explicit allowed but in here we cannot do ourself.

Yes. There is no end user panel, true.
    But it was about to be enabled when you decided the chat rep was not human.
    Your language and rudeness in a live chat request was one never experiences before.
    We calmly gave you an hour to retrieve your data and leave our service as we don't work so hard to be treated like shit.
    Full refund minus gateway fee provided.
    Best of luck.

• @LeonDynamic said:
    Have a look at the beast in Dallas 3 core 10 gb ram and 10TB bandwidth

@dahartigan said:
    Refresh the deal page Singapore fans, there's a 4 cores beast in there.. snap it up before I impulse buy it haha

Only 2 in stock of each.

Someone decided to put US out of stock early by taking both stock and paying for one. There is one available again.

• @cybertech said:

@dahartigan said:

@imok said:

dahartigan said: And I just did another bench.sh while pushing the system by transcoding a 1080 video with plex off an sshfs mount

You really know how to treat a shared environment.

Heh, that was for all of 10 mins :)

@cybertech said:

@dahartigan said:

@AlwaysSkint said:
    Reducing swappiness can lead to better performance - less I/O. I usually set 1 or 5, depending on my mood/weather/moon cycle/HostDoc crazy Flash deals. For SSD in particular, you do want it low, from a drive wear perspective, if nothing else.

Oh no! It's swap shop again! :-o

I just reduced my swappiness to 1 and then swapoff -a && swapon -a and now I'm using 0 swap and it's all in RAM now. Thanks to you and @teamacc for showing me the light lol

For extra points I've also changed the CPU limit and CPU units on my containers/VMs to keep it from using too much of the node's CPU.

And I just did another bench.sh while pushing the system by transcoding a 1080 video with plex off an sshfs mount:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    CPU model            : Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6128 CPU @ 3.40GHz
    Number of cores      : 3
    CPU frequency        : 3392.026 MHz
    Total size of Disk   : 98.0 GB (12.8 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem  : 5960 MB (4530 MB Used)
    Total amount of Swap : 1022 MB (0 MB Used)
    System uptime        : 7 days, 9 hour 26 min
    Load average         : 2.11, 2.13, 1.55
    OS                   : Debian GNU/Linux 9
    Arch                 : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel               : 4.15.18-11-pve
    I/O speed(1st run)   : 774 MB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run)   : 907 MB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run)   : 1.0 GB/s
    Average I/O speed    : 901.7 MB/s

@dahartigan said:

@AlwaysSkint said:
    Reducing swappiness can lead to better performance - less I/O. I usually set 1 or 5, depending on my mood/weather/moon cycle/HostDoc crazy Flash deals. For SSD in particular, you do want it low, from a drive wear perspective, if nothing else.

Oh no! It's swap shop again! :-o

I just reduced my swappiness to 1 and then swapoff -a && swapon -a and now I'm using 0 swap and it's all in RAM now. Thanks to you and @teamacc for showing me the light lol

For extra points I've also changed the CPU limit and CPU units on my containers/VMs to keep it from using too much of the node's CPU.

And I just did another bench.sh while pushing the system by transcoding a 1080 video with plex off an sshfs mount:

CPU model            : Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6128 CPU @ 3.40GHz
    Number of cores      : 3
    CPU frequency        : 3392.026 MHz
    Total size of Disk   : 98.0 GB (12.8 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem  : 5960 MB (4530 MB Used)
    Total amount of Swap : 1022 MB (0 MB Used)
    System uptime        : 7 days, 9 hour 26 min
    Load average         : 2.11, 2.13, 1.55
    OS                   : Debian GNU/Linux 9
    Arch                 : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel               : 4.15.18-11-pve
    I/O speed(1st run)   : 774 MB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run)   : 907 MB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run)   : 1.0 GB/s
    Average I/O speed    : 901.7 MB/s

Mind sharing how u set up Plex?

I'm planning to write a guide soon, I'll let you know when it's ready. I've had a lot of people ask me, so there seems to be interest.

Thanks mate, I'm very interested in that guide :)

The guide will be made available on our community page as well as other how to's and benches of all of our locations. ;)
    Join up and add your own how to's also. The community page is still in development. A newsletter will be sent out when it is ready for our clients.

Thanked by 2cybertech dahartigan
  • @v3ng said:
    Any plans for IPv6 support in the other locations?

Inquiring minds want to know

Thanked by 1eol
  • @uptime said:

@v3ng said:
    Any plans for IPv6 support in the other locations?

Inquiring minds want to know

I answered this on page 3 @uptime
    Directly below my response to your suggestion.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited February 2019

Ah, missed that, thanks

@HostDoc said:
    Not a this time unfortunately as it seems to be a problem for OVH to give /48 allocations (they totally refuse to do so even for a fee) and the demand in Finland for v6 does not warrant the cost from Hetzner at this time.

EDIT2: Lalala i can't hear you ...

Thanked by 3eol dahartigan HostDoc
  • dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited February 2019

@LeonDynamic said:
    @dahartigan @hostdoc how does the dual disk work. Does it show as separate drives?

Yep, separate drives. If you need a guide to get that set up, let me know and I'll add it to the list :)

As mentioned, you use fdisk and mkfs.

EDIT2: and of course, mount. Mkdir too if you wanna get technical lol

• eoleol Member
    edited February 2019

I recommend cfdisk.
    Then touch boobs.ass.
    Done.

EDIT2:
    Forgot mkfs.

EDIT3:
    The foreplay so to speak.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @eol said:
    I recommend cfdisk.
    Then touch boobs.ass.
    Done.

EDIT2:
    Forgot mkfs.

EDIT3:
    The foreplay so to speak.

LOL2

Thanked by 1eol
  • @dahartigan said:
    Yep, separate drives. If you need a guide to get that set up, let me know and I'll add it to the list :)

I'd appreciate that guide...another host I used had the mounting available in the admin portal, so I'm a little green on the mounting of a drive.

• @iHavenoName said:

@dahartigan said:

I'd appreciate that guide...another host I used had the mounting available in the admin portal, so I'm a little green on the mounting of a drive.

I just PM'd you..

• @dahartigan said:

@iHavenoName said:

@dahartigan said:

I just PM'd you..

Could you please also send me the guide of mounting a disk.

• @andrew1995 said:

@dahartigan said:

@iHavenoName said:

@dahartigan said:

I just PM'd you..

Could you please also send me the guide of mounting a disk.

Done, it will be published for all once the doc approves it :)

• Thanks for that, I think hostdoc can differentiate themselves with such information available for clients.

• Scary to think people might host/sell stuff on servers, when the basics of mounting a disc is required. It's nearly Summer, guys!

Thanked by 2eol dahartigan
  • @AlwaysSkint said:
    Scary to think people might host/sell stuff on servers, when the basics of mounting a disc is required. It's nearly Summer, guys!

It's been summer here in Australia for months :)

Thanked by 2AlwaysSkint uptime
  • wow great plan, i might buy £16/Year plan but do you accept skrill? my i will receive my money on skrill.

• @ParaNoID said:
    wow great plan, i might buy £16/Year plan but do you accept skrill? my i will receive my money on skrill.

I don't think so, but from their page the payment methods are: Paypal, Stripe, Alipay (via Stripe), Wechat (via Stripe), Credit/Debit card, Direct Debit and Bitcoin

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • @dahartigan said:

@ParaNoID said:
    wow great plan, i might buy £16/Year plan but do you accept skrill? my i will receive my money on skrill.

I don't think so, but from their page the payment methods are: Paypal, Stripe, Alipay (via Stripe), Wechat (via Stripe), Credit/Debit card, Direct Debit and Bitcoin

i also don't use skrill, but my client will pay via skrill i asked him if possible try any other method but if couldn't able to pay via paypal or card then i have to accept skrill.

do you know any trusted site that can convert skrill money into paypal?

• @ParaNoID said:

@dahartigan said:

@ParaNoID said:

i also don't use skrill, but my client will pay via skrill i asked him if possible try any other method but if couldn't able to pay via paypal or card then i have to accept skrill.

do you know any trusted site that can convert skrill money into paypal?

Ah fair enough, why not buy on behalf of your customer and bill them? I do that for my web design clients, they just pay me monthly for hosting and I handle the rest.

Otherwise I have zero experience with skrill so I'm afraid I couldn't be much help with recommendations there. Sorry mate :)

• banxixbanxix Member
    edited February 2019

How is your experience with HostDoc Singapore location?
    I'm trying to find a new place after Vultr.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@banxix said:
    How is your experience with HostDoc Singapore location?
    I'm trying to find a new place after Vultr.

Great, but don't expect to run something critical on HDD only VPS. Other than that it looks great and not overprovisioned.

Thanked by 2HostDoc amsaal
  • 3 vCores @ 3.4 GHz 10TB @ 10 gbps 10GB DDR4 ECC RAM 1 IPv4 100GB NVMe SSD + 150GB HDD £11.99/m | £109.74/y
    out of stock
    what??

Thanked by 1uptime
  • AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited February 2019

@moni099878 said:
    3 vCores @ 3.4 GHz 10TB @ 10 gbps 10GB DDR4 ECC RAM 1 IPv4 100GB NVMe SSD + 150GB HDD £11.99/m | £109.74/y
    out of stock
    what??

Was a mistake: "Never In Stock"
    Folks with no sense of humour. :neutral:

Thanked by 1uptime
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@AlwaysSkint said:

The server is actually in stock with an amount of 2, both of them are bought by someone.

Thanked by 2AlwaysSkint uptime
  • .> @HostDoc said:

@LeonDynamic said:
    Have a look at the beast in Dallas 3 core 10 gb ram and 10TB bandwidth

@dahartigan said:
    Refresh the deal page Singapore fans, there's a 4 cores beast in there.. snap it up before I impulse buy it haha

Only 2 in stock of each.

Someone decided to put US out of stock early by taking both stock and paying for one. There is one available again.

• @AlwaysSkint said:

@moni099878 said:
    3 vCores @ 3.4 GHz 10TB @ 10 gbps 10GB DDR4 ECC RAM 1 IPv4 100GB NVMe SSD + 150GB HDD £11.99/m | £109.74/y
    out of stock
    what??