Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Paypal General Support Unable to Help, now I have no account manager?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Paypal General Support Unable to Help, now I have no account manager?

I know I had an account manager and I know I had a faster support access line that wasn't full of dummies that couldn't help me with my problems a while ago. This chat rep and the phone reps are telling me my account isn't big enough to have an account manger now - yet I'm doing more business with them than I've ever done. I called the general support line and they are telling me I have to go out and buy a cell phone to change anything on my account since I don't have access to my old cell phone anymore. Does anyone know what I need to do from here? I'm at a loss.

Hello, Thank you for using Chat to contact us today. My name is Danielle, can I start with your First and Last name please?
CM
Corey M 03:17 PM
Corey M
De
Danielle 03:17 PM
Thank you!
CM
Corey M 03:17 PM
What is the phone number to my dedicated paypal account representative?
De
Danielle 03:18 PM
I do not see that you have an account manager
CM
Corey M 03:19 PM
I was emailed a while back with an introduction from one... just cant find th email.
Maybe you can help me.
De
Danielle 03:20 PM
I would go ahead and give us a call at 8882211161 and our phone representatives can lead you in the right direction.
CM
Corey M 03:21 PM
Don't I have a dedicated business support line?
That is general support correct?
I've used the business support line before and didn't have to go through the ********** number
De
Danielle 03:22 PM
That is general support but I have no other information to give you as I do not see an account manager and there is no dedicated line
CM
Corey M 03:22 PM
Why wouldn't I have an account manager?
Your support page used to be different.
It would display a number for faster support if you were a business that wasn't the general support line.
De
Danielle 03:23 PM
Only very very large accounts have account managers
CM
Corey M 03:24 PM
K

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

So... what is that you’re trying to achieve ?

• BradyHBradyH Member, Host Rep

LOL Only very very large accounts

I wonder what a very very large account is now days.

Not sure on the having to get a cell phone I know that is how they are verifying some things now they will text you a code that you have to put in. But on the other hand that system had errors and I had to call in and update over the phone with them

• @Clouvider said:
    So... what is that you’re trying to achieve ?

Have full access to my account so I can change things such as attached bank account etc. I'd also like to contact my account manager because I know I was assigned one a few years back, doing more business than I was doing back then. I never have the need to contact support so I didn't bother.

CenTexHosting said: LOL Only very very large accounts

I wonder what a very very large account is now days.

Not sure on the having to get a cell phone I know that is how they are verifying some things now they will text you a code that you have to put in. But on the other hand that system had errors and I had to call in and update over the phone with them

I have a cell phone, it's just not paid for in my name(company phone), but it has my outbound caller ID. They didn't care over the phone and said it had to be one I paid for to be used for verification. They had no other verification methods available and would only use a cell phone. It was suggested to me to transfer my money out of paypal to a family member's account to get access to my funds. They also stated I would be unable to close my account without cell phone verification. Funny thing is, when I called into their system it let me verify my account with my current number and social. For some reason behind the scenes they still have my old number that I no longer have setup for the 'verification' prompts.

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited February 2019

Also we tried to pay a Romanian web design company $2000 for a down payment to redesign our site and our new product we are launching with our paypal debit card. This caused some kind of lock on our paypal debit card. Now we can't even pay our colo provider until this lock is removed, and paypal won't remove it because I can't verify my cell phone that I don't have.

• Welcome to PayPal, we love your money but not you.

Best of luck with your venture.

Thanked by 1eol
  • jhjh Member

Vote with your feet

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Wouldn’t it be better to work with them as opposed to insisting on speaking to someone you can’t, now, speak to ?

• @Clouvider said:
    Wouldn’t it be better to work with them as opposed to insisting on speaking to someone you can’t, now, speak to ?

I've already ordered a sim card and service for a personal phone, but this kind of thing should have never happened and I want a stop gap solution until it gets here.

• @jh said:
    Vote with your feet

We will as soon as possible.

Thanked by 1eol