Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for VPS with 2-10Gbit | 2-5TB BW | for aggregated 4G
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for VPS with 2-10Gbit | 2-5TB BW | for aggregated 4G

BigBBigB Member
edited February 2019 in Requests

Hello friends long time no see.

I built myself a router that aggregates multiple 4G and wired internet connections using https://openmptcprouter.com .

It basically creates a VPN connection to a server for each Internet line and bonds it together on a server.

I currently use a Hetzner VPS for Testing (2.5€ for 1Gbit/2TB) this works quite well and i get nearly a Gigabit Connection at home.
But my connections would be able to hit closer to 2Gbit together. But the VPS is the limiting factor at the moment.

So my Question is:
Is there a VPS with 2Gbit (preferably more) 2-5TB Bandwidth
Europe, preferably little ping to Switzerland.
10GB+ Storage, 1GB+ RAM, 2+ Cores.
Budget: <25$ per month.

Thanks

Thanked by 1dahartigan

Comments

• have u tried hetzner @ falkenstein?

Thanked by 1eol
  • @cybertech said:
    have u tried hetzner @ falkenstein?

Do they have more than 1Gbit? With VPS or dedicated?

• Linode 4GB

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • @AC_Fan said:
    Linode 4GB

Thanks haven noticed that they have more Speed now, definitely gonna give it a try.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • cybertechcybertech Member
    edited February 2019

@BigB said:

@cybertech said:
    have u tried hetzner @ falkenstein?

Do they have more than 1Gbit? With VPS or dedicated?

Vps. No harm giving it a try

Edit: Saw that aulerion has 10gbps uplink. have never used it though.

• Aulerion (aff link) offers 10Gbit connection, and you can use FLASHMATCH coupon code to double payment.

• @sanvit said:
    Aulerion (aff link) offers 10Gbit connection, and you can use FLASHMATCH coupon code to double payment.

is the coupon code still valid? saw it was until end Jan

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited February 2019

@cybertech said:

@sanvit said:
    Aulerion (aff link) offers 10Gbit connection, and you can use FLASHMATCH coupon code to double payment.

is the coupon code still valid? saw it was until end Jan

I used it yesterday now and it worked.

Thanked by 1cybertech
  • @sanvit said:

I just registered and made some speedtests @ DE falkenstein and DE nürnberg, looks like its not surpassing 300mbit and often drops lower. (ipferf3 and wget test without vpn)

• Vultr has a pretty damn decent network and 10gbit ports

Thanked by 1uptime
  • sanvitsanvit Member
    edited February 2019

@BigB said:

@sanvit said:

I just registered and made some speedtests @ DE falkenstein and DE nürnberg, looks like its not surpassing 300mbit and often drops lower. (ipferf3 and wget test without vpn)

I'm really sorry to hear that... I only used them for testing purposes so I never tested their network.. :( Maybe open up a ticket and see what might have gone wrong?

• @sanvit said:

@BigB said:

@sanvit said:

I'm really sorry to hear that... I only used them for testing purposes so I never tested their network.. :( Maybe open up a ticket and see what might have gone wrong?

How's their CPU?

• @cybertech said:

@sanvit said:

@BigB said:

@sanvit said:

How's their CPU?

I cureently have a SANDBOX plan running in JP. If you want, send me a bench script and I will run it. However I think this should go to private since this will be derailing the thread...

• Aulerion serms to be the newish brand of a 3 month-old company with an 18-year old director

Wishing them all the best luck and success with their venture(s) - and I might give them a try at some point - but would advise "look before you leap" applies especially to this one

Thanked by 1cybertech
  • Ive tried vps247 and their UK nodes easily get well over 2gbps (running on 10gbps).

• This is something I have meaning to look into as a project but instead of aggregating 4g, I'd aggregate iodine dns tunnels. I have a bunch of old 3g modems and phones and for shits and giggles see what speed I could achieve.

If you are willing to take Dallas USA as a location have a look at @HostDoc they have 10gbit kvm in Dallas on special.

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • @dahartigan said:
    This is something I have meaning to look into as a project but instead of aggregating 4g, I'd aggregate iodine dns tunnels. I have a bunch of old 3g modems and phones and for shits and giggles see what speed I could achieve.

If you are willing to take Dallas USA as a location have a look at @HostDoc they have 10gbit kvm in Dallas on special.

How much throughput/ping do you get when using iodine? Last time I used it without direct connection (=relayed via third-party DNS server) speed was unusable... :(

• @sanvit said:

@dahartigan said:
    This is something I have meaning to look into as a project but instead of aggregating 4g, I'd aggregate iodine dns tunnels. I have a bunch of old 3g modems and phones and for shits and giggles see what speed I could achieve.

How much throughput/ping do you get when using iodine? Last time I used it without direct connection (=relayed via third-party DNS server) speed was unusable... :(

The best I can get using a 4g modem is around 10 kilobytes per second. That's with a VPS 30ms away. Ping plays a huge part.

My plan is to build something that could get me close to 30KB/sec which is enough for radio streaming and very basic web browsing.

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • @dahartigan why u use iodine over 4g? Does DNS Traffic not count on limit or are you in censored country?

• @BigB said:
    @dahartigan why u use iodine over 4g? Does DNS Traffic not count on limit or are you in censored country?

It's highly impractical, but so is building a WiFi modem for a Commodore 64 and idling vps's. Because I can :)

Dns isn't counted in traffic, Australia is my country.. hard to tell who is or isn't censored these days..

• And here I am thinking anything over 50mbit would just lead me into a 4K video rabbit hole.

Cool project though.

Thanked by 1eol
  • @BigB said:
    Hello friends long time no see.

I built myself a router that aggregates multiple 4G and wired internet connections using https://openmptcprouter.com .

It basically creates a VPN connection to a server for each Internet line and bonds it together on a server.

I currently use a Hetzner VPS for Testing (2.5€ for 1Gbit/2TB) this works quite well and i get nearly a Gigabit Connection at home.
    But my connections would be able to hit closer to 2Gbit together. But the VPS is the limiting factor at the moment.

So my Question is:
    Is there a VPS with 2Gbit (preferably more) 2-5TB Bandwidth
    Europe, preferably little ping to Switzerland.
    10GB+ Storage, 1GB+ RAM, 2+ Cores.
    Budget: <25$ per month.

Thanks

What kind of traffic is able to maximize your connection speeds? I thought encrypted stuff needs to use one connection and doesn't work so well across multiple interfaces?

• @vimalware said:
    And here I am thinking anything over 50mbit would just lead me into a 4K video rabbit hole.

Cool project though.

The rabbit hole will look awesome in 4K though.
    Enclosed a comparison:

• @eol said:

@vimalware said:
    And here I am thinking anything over 50mbit would just lead me into a 4K video rabbit hole.

Cool project though.

The rabbit hole will look awesome in 4K though.
    Enclosed a comparison:

Given that no, I have nothing better to do right now, I have enclosed an extended comparison:

Thanked by 1eol
  • @TimboJones said:
    What kind of traffic is able to maximize your connection speeds? I thought encrypted stuff needs to use one connection and doesn't work so well across multiple interfaces?

Encrypted Traffic runs fine, the vps is splitting everything up and the router then puts it together like nothing has changed. For the Enddevice its undetectable. The only downside is that you get the Ping of the worst connection, because all the faster packets have to wait, so they stay in order.

High Bandwith (But also High (still sub 100) ping).

I totally agree One person alone rarely uses over 1Gbit, but i have multible users use this connection, and if you want to upload to Youtube while simultaniously Backup to Gdrive and other Cloudservices 1Gbit+ can be useful.

Thanked by 1TimboJones