Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Managed VPS or Dedi (with cPanel or Plesk)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Managed VPS or Dedi (with cPanel or Plesk)

Hey everyone!

This is probably a long shot, but a partner of mine is looking for a managed VPS or Dedicated server to host a few sites (4 currently, and will probably add more in the future). His current server expires in a month or so, so he will order it in after February 20th. He needs prices so he can inform his clients about any price changes.

The sites are: a Magento e-shop, a Wordpress website (with caching), a Wordpress+Woocommerce e-shop and an OpenCart e-shop. Any extra websites he might add, will be either Wordpress+Woocommerce with caching, or static.

Requirements:

• 16+GB RAM or more
  • 8+ CPU Cores
  • 200+GB Disk space (SSD preferred)
  • Daily backups or root access to make their own daily backups
  • 2+TB monthly bandwidth over a 1TB connection
  • Clean IP for emails (his clients are sending a lot of emails)
  • cPanel or Plesk
  • 2 IPs will be fine
  • DDoS Protection will be appreciated, even though it is not a must.
  • Server management is a must.

If you are going to offer a VPS, no OpenVZ.

Budget is $50-57/month (€45-50/month) ex.VAT. He aims for monthly payments, but he might be able to pay quarterly, depending on the price.

Locations: Germany, Italy, Bulgaria, France or UK only.

Thank you!

Comments

• Impossible with that budget...

Thanked by 1eol
  • @dimitrisp so this person exists and is paying this monthly? poor people don't need server management at this price.

• "asking for a friend"

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Meaning it's for himself.

Thanked by 1eol
  • So you want to go to an all you can eat buffet for the price of a McMenu...

Good luck with your budget

Thanked by 1eol
  • dimitrispdimitrisp Member
    edited February 2019

Lol. I have no problem saying it's for me when it is actually for me, as I have done quite a few times in the past.

He is currently paying $34 for cPanel, 64GB SSD, 5TB Bandwidth, 32GB RAM, 8 Cores, managed VPS and the company can't offer him a bigger disk. Can anyone do something better? If not, the thread can be locked

• deankdeank Member, Troll

At that price, no wonder a bigger disk can't be offered.

You can find better deals but expect to be scammed later. That's how it works when you go too low.

Thanked by 1eol
  • @dimitrisp said:
    Lol. I have no problem saying it's for me when it is actually for me, as I have done quite a few times in the past.

He is currently paying $34 for cPanel, 64GB SSD, 5TB Bandwidth, 32GB RAM, 8 Cores, managed VPS and the company can't offer him a bigger disk. Can anyone do something better? If not, the thread can be locked

Who is the provider?

• Why managed? That’s only point stopping this being viable with the budget

• Thanked by 1dimitrisp
  • falcesofalceso Member
    edited February 2019

How does this sound?

• 2 dedicated threads of E3 1246v3
    • 200 GB SSD + 800 GB HDD (The OS will be on the SSD, the HDD can be used for backups, etc.)
    • 16 GB RAM
    • 2 IPv4s
    • Unmetred bandwidth @ 1 Gbit/s (fair share)
    • KVM Virtualization
    • Basic Management

$55/mo for Plesk Web PRO Edition (30 domains) or $60/mo for cPanel.

Thanked by 1dimitrisp
  • HostMediaHostMedia Member, Patron Provider

It is going to be hard to find a server for that budget that is reliable + fully managed. Ideally you would need to double your budget and then something could be offered.

Thanked by 1dimitrisp
  • friend ur budget is too low
    1st management costs alot ( 30-50$/m)
    2nd Emails issue bcz they are sending bulk emails so for better delivery Good IPS
    Third CPanel costs 15$ for vps nd for dedicated 30$ plus

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited February 2019

@zuby2402 said:
    Why not contabo?
    https://contabo.com/?show=vps

Pricing is great however:

"Server management is a must."

Contabo Server management costs 49,99€/Month.

Thanked by 1dimitrisp
  • @Ympker said:

@zuby2402 said:
    Why not contabo?

Pricing is great however:

"Server management is a must."

Contabo Server management costs 49,99€/Month.

I know.. but is closer to his specs.

He must raise his budget with at least 10 eu/month and he will find a good one.

Good luck for him.. :smile:

Thanked by 2Ympker dimitrisp
  • @corbpie said:
    Why managed? That’s only point stopping this being viable with the budget

Because he doesn't have the time to develop sites, talk with clients AND manage the server.

@zuby2402 said:
    Why not contabo?

As Ympker said, server management is a must. I'll let him know as it's close to his budget. Thanks for this!

@falceso said:
    How does this sound?

• 2 dedicated threads of E3 1246v3
    • 200 GB SSD + 800 GB HDD (The OS will be on the SSD, the HDD can be used for backups, etc.)
    • 16 GB RAM
    • 2 IPv4s
    • Unmetred bandwidth @ 1 Gbit/s (fair share)
    • KVM Virtualization
    • Basic Management

$55/mo for Plesk Web PRO Edition (30 domains) or $60/mo for cPanel.

Thanks. Seeing you don't have the provider tag, what company/datacenter will it be in? I'll let him know.

@jokymic said:
    friend ur budget is too low
    1st management costs alot ( 30-50$/m)
    2nd Emails issue bcz they are sending bulk emails so for better delivery Good IPS
    Third CPanel costs 15$ for vps nd for dedicated 30$ plus

"A lot of email" is not bulk email though. That's what I told him, but I said I'll give this a try here.

@smile said:

Who is the provider?

A Greek provider, called multihosting.

Thanks a lot to everyone who replied in a serious manner, even if they couldn't suggest something. I already knew it was a long shot.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Raise your budget and buy a Brixly https://brixly.uk/fast-ssd-vps-servers/ :)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • server management is good however higher budget is a must

• dimitrisp said: Thanks. Seeing you don't have the provider tag, what company/datacenter will it be in? I'll let him know.

It would be with Zade Servers, and the server would be located in Falkenstein, Germany.

• @MikePT said:

+1 for Brixly :) Dennis is a great guy!

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Ympker said:

@MikePT said:

+1 for Brixly :) Dennis is a great guy!

Indeed!

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • edited February 2019

Get in contact with us, we can offer you a 16GB VPS in Amsterdam, Managed without problems, anything send message! :smiley:

• @TheBeastHosting said:
    Get in contact with us, we can offer you a 16GB VPS in Amsterdam, Managed without problems, anything send message! :smiley:

You might wanna read the rules on account you not knowing the rules.

Hint: PM for offer is disallowed.

• dimitrisp said: He is currently paying $34 for cPanel, 64GB SSD, 5TB Bandwidth, 32GB RAM, 8 Cores, managed VPS and the company can't offer him a bigger disk. Can anyone do something better? If not, the thread can be locked

If this is a managed service and it is reliable, he won't find anything similar that is guaranteed to work next month... It would be better to get another same server from the same provider than seeking for a new bigger one.
    Besides, if he has the time to develop the sites, talking with clients, managing the server (doing what a management vps means) is just the 5% of the time for the first two ones. A management server is a server that the provider only handles updates, securing the server, installing software sometimes, monitoring it, troubleshooting when something goes wrong, maintain the panel.

• @TheBeastHosting said:

no pm no pm no PM for offer no pm for offer no pm for offer

Please read the rules -- you've been warned.

• HaendlerITHaendlerIT Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2019

We manage our Servers for 25 € / month + 15 € cPanel license.

So you can get for 64 € per month the following inclusive extended Support and cPanel license:

4 dedicated Cores
    16 GB ECC
    120 GB SSD
    Dedicated GBit/s to our network

If He like to stay in his budget he can start with a smaller server and upgrade when ever he needs.

https://kts24.com