Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Vint Hill, US
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Vint Hill, US

Anyone have experience with peering in Vint Hill vs BHS... Never had issues with BHS, however being located in the east coast, just exploring my options.

Comments

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

They route most of their traffic through BHS, so you're porbably better off with BHS.

• i dont think that is true

• Haven't been able to verify routing, if someone can that would be awesome!

• verify it yourself.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

Seems like most of their routing has been sorted in the past few months.

Here's the Vint Hill test ip: us1.lg.ovh.net
    You can test the routes of different locations here: https://mtr.sh

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Coming from SoCal I have only 3ms difference between Vint Hill and BHS. From Atlanta (East Coast) I noticed it was a similar delta.

I'd personally stick with BHS for the time being because it's more mature and the kinks have been worked out.

I still get a kick out of the routes to Vint Hill that go through Washington, D.C. showing .wa.us (.wa is Washington State, which is a few thousand miles away)

• @MasonR said:
    Seems like most of their routing has been sorted in the past few months.

Here's the Vint Hill test ip: us1.lg.ovh.net
    You can test the routes of different locations here: https://mtr.sh

thank you. From my location on the east cost BHS is 2ms less and 1 hop less. Appreciate the response.

Thanked by 1mfs
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Vint Hill did have issues, last month my traffic was being sent to California adding 30ms~, but now from what I can tell there are no issues. 40ms to Vint Hill, 53ms to Beauharnois from Texas.