Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for decent storage VPS with good latency to BHS DC
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for decent storage VPS with good latency to BHS DC

Hi all,

I'm looking for a good storage VPS with good latency to OVH's BHS DC, will be used to store about 1-2TB of pictures, movies, and streamed over my Plex server at BHS DC (Ran out of storage on the server, can't justify buying another box for $100 to add more storage).

Please suggest what you know of!

Comments

• If you want good latency, I strongly suggest AOL dialup. That'll be some damn good latency.

• Why don't you just get a Canadian 2TB Kimsufi box for 15-20 €? It's at BHS DC so hard to get a better latency (but BW limited to 100 Mbps).

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited February 2019

I think @exception0x876 (wishosting) offers 1.8 TB storage KVM from OVH BHS possibly with faster link than kimsufi

EDIT2: also better than aol IMO

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • We can do a 2TB storage plan in Dallas if that is any good?
    It will be on an Intel Gold 6128 with 10gbps network port.

• I didn't read anything but I recommend Hetzner.

Thanked by 1mfs
  • HostDoc said: It will be on an Intel Gold 6128 with 10gbps network port.

I think Intel Gold 6128 is unnecessary extra cost

• @Creling said:

HostDoc said: It will be on an Intel Gold 6128 with 10gbps network port.

I think Intel Gold 6128 is unnecessary extra cost

Why would it be unneccessary cost if it can be in the same price region as other offers (if possible) but with a higher port speed and decent hardware?

• If you won't go with hetzner i recommend hetzner.

Thanked by 1eol
  • HostDoc said: Why would it be unneccessary cost if it can be in the same price region as other offers (if possible) but with a higher port speed and decent hardware?

if you can do that, then I think HostDoc will be a suitable choice. (^_^)

• +1 for HostDoc

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • Wishosting, as already recommended, would be a perfect fit for this.

They have reasonable prices, good service, and I've successfully used their 1.8TB storage VPS in Canada (until I grew out of it).

• Can you share the Movies 😆