Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Germany] All Intel Datacenter Flash KVM on redundant (A+B Power) Nodes starting at 20 EUR / Year
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Germany] All Intel Datacenter Flash KVM on redundant (A+B Power) Nodes starting at 20 EUR / Year

First-RootFirst-Root Member, Host Rep

Hi,

we are First Root.

One of the frequently asked questions from our upcoming customers: why should I choose First Root? What's the difference to other hosting companies?
We answer this question: it's not about being different, its about providing the best services.

That's the reason why we optimize our services and products from day to day in order to provide the best customer experience. You are interested in our business philosophy?

https://www.first-root.com/about

BOOST YOUR BUSINESS: KVM Power Edition

KVM Power LET:

• 1 shared CPU (CPU-Passthrough, Intel XEON Processor, Fair use)
  • 512 MB ECC Ram
  • 10 GB SSD
  • 2 TB @ 1 Gbit/s
  • 1 IPv4 address
  • /64 IPv6
  • F-Com Control Panel
  • 20 EUR / year

https://www.first-root.com/vps-configurator/kvm-power-e3-let/?country=None

KVM Power Light:

• 1 shared CPU (CPU-Passthrough, Intel XEON Processor, Fair use)
  • 1024 MB ECC Ram
  • 40 GB SSD
  • 5 TB @ 1 Gbit/s
  • 1 IPv4 address
  • /64 IPv6
  • F-Com Control Panel
  • 2.5 EUR / month or 28.80 EUR / year

https://www.first-root.com/vps-configurator/kvm-power-e3-light/?country=None

KVM Power Start:

• 2 shared CPU (CPU-Passthrough, Intel XEON Processor, Fair use)
  • 2048 MB ECC Ram
  • 80 GB SSD
  • 5 TB @ 1 Gbit/s
  • 1 IPv4 address
  • /64 IPv6
  • F-Com Control Panel
  • 4 EUR / month or 43,20 EUR / year

https://www.first-root.com/vps-configurator/kvm-power-e3-start/?country=None

Please also see our KVM Pro, Premium, Ultra and Ultimate Offers (up to 32GB Ram)!

NODES

All our Nodes are based on enterprise hardware, we run Intel Datacenter SSDs that could be hot-swapped without rebooting the node.
We connect each node with dual network uplinks and of course, all nodes have redundant power supplies that are connected to A + B Power-Feeds!

HARDWARE

There is nothing more annoying than unreliable services or downtimes. As one of our main goal is to provide rock solid services and avoid downtimes and issues at all costs, all of our systems are based on thoroughly tested components with the highest reliability.

https://www.first-root.com/technic

NOT A RESELLER

To provide best services and availability we own and operate all of our Servers, Switching and Routing equipment. In case of problems our office is located a few minutes away from our colocation, so that we can guarantee fastest response times.

AVAILABILITY

As we know that our customers rely on our services we guarantee 99.9% availability throughout the year.

https://www.first-root.com/technic

NETWORK

All VPS are provided with one dedicated IPv4 address and one dedicated /64 IPv6 network.
We offer free BGP Sessions (IPv4 and IPv6) for all KVM Power Edition VPS.

LOOKING GLASS

http://lg.first-root.com

14 DAY MONEY-BACK-GUARANTEE

First Root is offering a 14 days Money-Back-Guarantee for new customers.

https://www.first-root.com/money-back-guarantee

PAYMENT METHODS

Our options for your payment.

• Wire transfer / bank transfer
  • SEPA direct debit (for EU customers)
  • PayPal
  • Creditcard (VISA, Mastercard, American Express)
  • Bitcoin NEW

All Payment methods are free of charge, we charge no creditcard fees!

COMING SOON

We constantly introduce new features. Internal Network for all VPS will be coming next.

All prices are excluding VAT, if you live inside of the European Union VAT will be applied.

Comments

• stable and fast servers, fast support, good provider, thank you

• Bitpay doesn't allow payment from Iran (It checks the the country mentioned in invoice!!!!!!!)

• First-RootFirst-Root Member, Host Rep

I am not in the office right now so can't check it but pretty sure bitpay does not ask for any personal details except email address.

• @mohsengham said:
    Bitpay doesn't allow payment from Iran (It checks the the country mentioned in invoice!!!!!!!)

!!!!!!!!!!

:smiley:

• miumiu Member
    edited February 2019

@mohsengham said:
    Bitpay doesn't allow payment from Iran (It checks the the country mentioned in invoice!!!!!!!)

i think u r wrong with idea "(It checks the the country mentioned in invoice!!!!!!"
    i do not think bitpay is checking seller's invoice and country billed on it, sooner simple from any stupid reason they are blocking/banning payment from your (Iran) IP addr.. If you are not using VPN.. this can be solution just use VPN with any EU or US location to avoid any stupid non sense censorships

• great deal yet again

Thanked by 1First-Root
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited February 2019

@mrclown said:
    great deal yet again

the 1GB KVM was 23€/y before, now you just get for 20€/y the 512MB with 1/4 of SSD storage.
    But still, if the uptime is good may be worth it.

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited February 2019

@Neoon said: the 1GB KVM was 23€/y before, now you just get for 20€/y the 512MB with 1/4 of SSD storage.

Indeed. As far as I can tell, the first offer with the new price (28,80€/y) for the 1GB KVM was:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/154041/german-all-flash-kvm-with-cpu-passthrough (at the very end of November)

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

My VPS with First Root is just a couple of months old and it's idling most of the time but performance of the VM as well as the network seems pretty solid. Can definitely recommend. It is also one of the few providers offering "LET BGP".

Thanked by 2uptime First-Root
  • Yes, fast and stable. Only VNC didn't let me handle a staying connection to my VPS in my monthly tested servers. Maybe come back soon.

Thanked by 1First-Root
    edited February 2019

@ascicode said:
    Yes, fast and stable. Only VNC didn't let me handle a staying connection to my VPS in my monthly tested servers. Maybe come back soon.

Can you explain this?

@Neoon said:

@mrclown said:
    great deal yet again

the 1GB KVM was 23€/y before, now you just get for 20€/y the 512MB with 1/4 of SSD storage.
    But still, if the uptime is good may be worth it.

The 1 GB is now 28.80€ / y. For some people this might be the upper end of LET pricing but we use Intel datacenter ssds, redundant power supplies and pay a salary to our employees ;).

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • Yeah, your offer copytext could present those facts as bullet points, instead of buried in paras.

Redundant power, network, Intel SSD are not cheap and we know it.

The 7euro PRO plan with 140GB ssd would be my first purchase if some requirement fitting those specs came up. 1 euro additional IPs are sweet too.

Thanked by 1First-Root
    edited February 2019

@vimalware said:
    Yeah, your offer copytext could present those facts as bullet points, instead of buried in paras.

Redundant power, network, Intel SSD are not cheap and we know it.

The 7euro PRO plan with 140GB ssd would be my first purchase if some requirement fitting those specs came up. 1 euro additional IPs are sweet too.

I live in constant fear that some Romanians start to steal my texts as soon as I make them better :/

No seriously, thanks for the input. I will put more work into the texts!

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @FR_Michael said:

@ascicode said:

Can you explain this?

Well, its complicated. On one side i used putty on desktop, didnt allowed me to log in firstly, its kind of blocking by SSL. After installing VNC it interrupts the connection and i loose them on the phone, while i can use other servers with same setup without failure.

The last time i asked about Paysafe, you said, you will check, but no more responses on that. Anyway, used Paypal last time, so its fine.

Thanked by 1First-Root

@ascicode said:

@FR_Michael said:

@ascicode said:

Can you explain this?

Well, its complicated. On one side i used putty on desktop, didnt allowed me to log in firstly, its kind of blocking by SSL. After installing VNC it interrupts the connection and i loose them on the phone, while i can use other servers with same setup without failure.

The last time i asked about Paysafe, you said, you will check, but no more responses on that. Anyway, used Paypal last time, so its fine.

What distribution did you used? Putty on Phone should be no problem as long as you do not disable the ssh server we preinstall. VNC disconnects when your ip address changes (when you are on mobile and switch cells your nat ip changes as well).

Paysafe makes no sense for us currently, too high fees.

• @FR_Michael said:

@ascicode said:

@FR_Michael said:

@ascicode said:

Can you explain this?

What distribution did you used? Putty on Phone should be no problem as long as you do not disable the ssh server we preinstall. VNC disconnects when your ip address changes (when you are on mobile and switch cells your nat ip changes as well).

Paysafe makes no sense for us currently, too high fees.

Mostly using Ubuntu 16.04, didnt done with any newer yet. Its Putty or SmartTTY on Windows Desktop, on phone only used VNC until now. SSH connection might be the issue, as i never got asked to allow anything and VNC i used xfce4server instead of the client, because it didnt work in apps.
    I wonder, if i haven't forgot an IP for VNC specific, or both is the same.

so you used an self installed vnc instead of our provided vnc?

• @FR_Michael said:
    so you used an self installed vnc instead of our provided vnc?

Yes, that might be the culprit.

edited February 2019

Did someone said free private LAN for everyone?

We introduced free private lan connections for all kvm power vps. no traffic limit/accounting, fully isolated, up to 1Gbit/s (Node Uplink is N x 10g / 40g on Juniper gear). Yes even our internal network gear has redundant power feeds and is juniper based ;)

• @miu said:

@mohsengham said:

i think u r wrong with idea "(It checks the the country mentioned in invoice!!!!!!"
    i do not think bitpay is checking seller's invoice and country billed on it, sooner simple from any stupid reason they are blocking/banning payment from your (Iran) IP addr.. If you are not using VPN.. this can be solution just use VPN with any EU or US location to avoid any stupid non sense censorships

I know this is strange but I tried using different VPNs with no luck!!!