Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
KVM VPS from £17.49 Per Year | IPv6 ONLY KVM from £6.50/y | Dual Storage
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

KVM VPS from £17.49 Per Year | IPv6 ONLY KVM from £6.50/y | Dual Storage

HostDocHostDoc Member, Provider, Top Provider

Hardware & Network Speed
Intel Xeon [email protected] - UK (1gbps)
Intel Xeon [email protected] - France (250mbps)
Intel Xeon [email protected] - Finland (1gbps)
Intel i7 [email protected] - Germany (1gbps)
Intel Xeon [email protected] - Canada (250mbps)
Intel Xeon Gold [email protected] - USA (10gbps)
Intel Xeon [email protected] - Australia (250mbps)
Intel i7 [email protected] - Singapore (250mbps)

Payment Methods
Paypal
Stripe
Alipay (via Stripe)
Wechat (via Stripe)
Credit | Debit card
Direct Debit
Bitcoin

Test IP's
UK
Germany
France
Finland
Australia
Singapore
Canada
USA

256MB RAM NVMe SSD + HDD
1vCore
5GB NVMe SSD
15GB HDD
256MB RAM
512MB Swap RAM
1IPv4
500GB Bandwidth

Singapore - £2.49/m | £21.48/y
USA - £2.89/m | £23.88/y

512MB RAM NVMe SSD + HDD
1vCore
10GB NVMe SSD
15GB HDD
512MB RAM
1GB Swap RAM
1IPv4
500GB Bandwidth

Singapore - £2.89/m | £25.08/y
USA - £3.09/m | £27.48/y

Plans are stackable and manually provisioned.

256MB RAM HDD
1vCore
10GB HDD
256MB RAM
512MB Swap RAM
1IPv4
500GB Bandwidth

UK - £1.99/m | £17.49/y
Finland - £1.99/m | £17.49/y
Canada - £2.09/m | £18/y
Australia - £2.09 | £18.69/y

512MB RAM HDD
1vCore
20GB HDD
512MB RAM
1GB Swap RAM
1 IPv4
500GB Bandwidth

UK - £2.29/m | £20.49/y
France -£2.14/m | £19.00/y
Finland - £2.29/m | £20.49/y
Canada - £2.49/m | £21/y
Germany(15GB SSD) - £2.59/m £22.00/y
Australia - £2.49/m | £21.79/y

Plans are stackable and automatically provisioned.

256MB RAM IPv6 ONLY
1vCore
5GB HDD
256MB RAM
512MB Swap RAM
250GB Bandwidth
/64 IPv6

USA - £6.50/y

512MB RAM IPv6 ONLY
1vCore
8GB HDD
512MB RAM
512MB Swap RAM
300GB Bandwidth
/64 IPv6

USA - £8.00/y

GOLD SPECIAL - LIMITED OFFER
2vCores @ 3.4Ghz Scalable
30GB NVMe SSD
100GB HDD
3GB DDR4 ECC RAM
1GB Swap RAM
3TB Bandwidth @ 10gbps
1 IPv4
/64 IPv6
£5.40/m or £50/y
Order

No refunds on promotional offers.
Please ensure to check your pings and read our terms of service.

Thanked by 1uptime

HostDoc Hosting - NVMe SSD Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting || KVM Doctor - KVM VPS | Hybrid Servers | Resource Pools
FLASH SALES - Limited Stock | Community Forum - How To Guides, Community Updates | UK-FR-DE-FN-USA-CA-SG-AU

«1

Comments

  • dahartigandahartigan Member, Host Rep

    Pretty sure you just posted the cheapest Australian KVM deal in the whole market, nice one :)

    That Gold special I take it is on the Texas USA node? If so that's so tempting for a plex server

    Thanked by 1HostDoc

    I'm a HostDoc representative

  • Where is the Gold special located?

  • dahartigandahartigan Member, Host Rep

    I'd say that would be located in Texas, USandA

    Thanked by 2eol andrew1995

    I'm a HostDoc representative

  • imokimok Member

    @HostDoc what do you mean by "scalable" on the Gold Special?

    Janitor @ Netflix
    Viva VirMach

  • smilesmile Member
    edited February 6

    @imok said:
    @HostDoc what do you mean by "scalable" on the Gold Special?

    ... Intel branding of gold processor. duh

    Thanked by 2imok HostDoc
  • imokimok Member
    edited February 6

    @smile said:

    @imok said:
    @HostDoc what do you mean by "scalable" on the Gold Special?

    ... Intel branding of gold processor. duh

    Janitor @ Netflix
    Viva VirMach

  • am on the Gold node. It's really good.

    Thanked by 2HostDoc Chuck

    relentless collector of highest clocked, highest performing KVM/NVMe/Gbit VPSes at the most competitive rates. just to hard idle them. zero knowledge on coding/programming; a mere hobbyist.

  • ChuckChuck Member

    Dear @HostDoc ,
    How much would it cost for the GOLD SPECIAL with no NVMe?

    With Warm Regards.

    Thanked by 1inthecloudblog

    I like what she said, not what it means.

  • HostDocHostDoc Member, Provider, Top Provider

    @Chuck said:
    Dear @HostDoc ,
    How much would it cost for the GOLD SPECIAL with no NVMe?

    With Warm Regards.

    The Gold special without the NVMe won't make a dent on the price much as it is included to be your main disk for fast IO and the HDD which will show up as sdb will be your storage disk.
    Removing the NVMe will bring the price to £4.75/m.

    HostDoc Hosting - NVMe SSD Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting || KVM Doctor - KVM VPS | Hybrid Servers | Resource Pools
    FLASH SALES - Limited Stock | Community Forum - How To Guides, Community Updates | UK-FR-DE-FN-USA-CA-SG-AU

  • Moar dual disk offers from LET hosts!

    My pick for reliable 2GB SSD-KVM(10+50GB) : ultravps[dot]eu in AMS/LON/DAL/LAX/Moldova/Düsseldorf
    starting @ €33.6/yr SSD-Special-2 (Limited Stock) <-- bonus discount (upto €3.0 off in 1st year for new clients.)

  • digijdigij Member

    Nice to see some "true" low end offers. Those 256 MB w/ IPv4 boxes have become rare.

    Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • dahartigandahartigan Member, Host Rep

    @digij said:
    Nice to see some "true" low end offers. Those 256 MB w/ IPv4 boxes have become rare.

    I agree with this, low end is still low end. Plus it has the benefit of being sustainable. I'm experimenting right now with Debian 8 with 96mb RAM on the Gold node and it's actually impressive. The VM has only got IPv6 as a challenge for myself.

    I installed a full lamp stack with a WordPress site and it's working as well as it did on a decent cpanel server so far :)

    You can do a lot with 256mb :)

    Thanked by 3digij HostDoc Ympker

    I'm a HostDoc representative

  • XenosXenos Member
    edited February 6

    I decided to give the Gold Special a try. Awesome deal @HostDoc

    Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • smilesmile Member

    @HostDoc where's my ddos protection on these plans :neutral:

  • NeoonNeoon Member

    Interesting is, that the IP cost is higher at Hetzner, still OVH costs the same, sometimes even more.

    I would have expected that OVH is quite cheaper.

  • HostDocHostDoc Member, Provider, Top Provider

    @dahartigan said:
    Pretty sure you just posted the cheapest Australian KVM deal in the whole market, nice one :)

    That Gold special I take it is on the Texas USA node? If so that's so tempting for a plex server

    Is it the cheapest?
    Well in all honesty, this is the lowest spec offers we have had in a while and as most of our mini and mini+ plans are out of stock, thought it might be nice to re-introduce them again.
    Yes, the Gold special is the Texas node. Why be tempted when you can get one and the temptation will no longer be present?

    @digij said:
    Nice to see some "true" low end offers. Those 256 MB w/ IPv4 boxes have become rare.

    Thanks :wink:

    @dahartigan said:

    @digij said:
    Nice to see some "true" low end offers. Those 256 MB w/ IPv4 boxes have become rare.

    I agree with this, low end is still low end. Plus it has the benefit of being sustainable. I'm experimenting right now with Debian 8 with 96mb RAM on the Gold node and it's actually impressive. The VM has only got IPv6 as a challenge for myself.

    I installed a full lamp stack with a WordPress site and it's working as well as it did on a decent cpanel server so far :)

    You can do a lot with 256mb :)

    You can do a lot with a 128mb also and lower.

    @Xenos said:
    I decided to give the Gold Special a try. Awesome deal @HostDoc

    Great to have you on board and even better that you are happy with it. Thanks

    @smile said:
    @HostDoc where's my ddos protection on these plans :neutral:

    These are not OVH servers so do not come with the bulletproof DDoS protection most clients have become accustomed to, however, there is limited DDoS protection available for small attacks.

    @Neoon said:
    Interesting is, that the IP cost is higher at Hetzner, still OVH costs the same, sometimes even more.

    I would have expected that OVH is quite cheaper.

    It will depend on the location and the overheads for us.
    Even with Hetzners more expensive IP's, most of their machines are still much cheaper than OVH and so our prices will reflect our cost price.

    HostDoc Hosting - NVMe SSD Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting || KVM Doctor - KVM VPS | Hybrid Servers | Resource Pools
    FLASH SALES - Limited Stock | Community Forum - How To Guides, Community Updates | UK-FR-DE-FN-USA-CA-SG-AU

  • dahartigandahartigan Member, Host Rep

    @HostDoc said:
    Is it the cheapest?

    From my research it is the cheapest KVM, available to purchase right now. There's someone doing $8/qtr VZ in Sydney but they don't offer KVM at all there. I'd love for someone to prove me wrong on that though..

    Yes, the Gold special is the Texas node. Why be tempted when you can get one and the temptation will no longer be present?

    If I move all my servers over to your Texas node I'd have no use for all the AU ones I have with you now! lol

    I will definitely set up a bunch of IPv6-only VMs on that Gold node though to see how far I can personally go with IPv6 - i've never really used it before.

    I'm a HostDoc representative

  • I have a Flow VPS 512MB ram at $1.97 AUD per month

    grape

  • dahartigandahartigan Member, Host Rep

    @corbpie said:
    I have a Flow VPS 512MB ram at $1.97 AUD per month

    Damn, was that a BF special or something?

    I'm a HostDoc representative

  • @dahartigan said:

    @corbpie said:
    I have a Flow VPS 512MB ram at $1.97 AUD per month

    Damn, was that a BF special or something?

    Yea, pretty sure it was limited to only around 5 or 10 people

    Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • dahartigandahartigan Member, Host Rep

    @muffin said:

    @dahartigan said:

    @corbpie said:
    I have a Flow VPS 512MB ram at $1.97 AUD per month

    Damn, was that a BF special or something?


    Yea, pretty sure it was limited to only around 5 or 10 people

    That makes sense, then. Well, I suppose anyone who missed out on that can grab this one and be happy knowing it's the cheapest AU deal going ;)

    I'm a HostDoc representative

  • HostDocHostDoc Member, Provider, Top Provider

    @dahartigan said:

    @HostDoc said:
    Is it the cheapest?

    From my research it is the cheapest KVM, available to purchase right now. There's someone doing $8/qtr VZ in Sydney but they don't offer KVM at all there. I'd love for someone to prove me wrong on that though..

    Yes, the Gold special is the Texas node. Why be tempted when you can get one and the temptation will no longer be present?

    If I move all my servers over to your Texas node I'd have no use for all the AU ones I have with you now! lol

    I will definitely set up a bunch of IPv6-only VMs on that Gold node though to see how far I can personally go with IPv6 - i've never really used it before.

    Well, I will keep in mind to never hire you to do any research work for me :wink:

    I have seen all your new instances popping up and disappearing the reappearing elsewhere. Looks like your having fun.

    @corbpie said:
    I have a Flow VPS 512MB ram at $1.97 AUD per month

    That is a killer price for nothing less than quality.

    @dahartigan said:

    @muffin said:

    @dahartigan said:

    @corbpie said:
    I have a Flow VPS 512MB ram at $1.97 AUD per month

    Damn, was that a BF special or something?


    Yea, pretty sure it was limited to only around 5 or 10 people

    That makes sense, then. Well, I suppose anyone who missed out on that can grab this one and be happy knowing it's the cheapest AU deal going ;)

    Are you sure it is the cheapest this time? I'd settle for a well priced alternative.

    Thanked by 1dahartigan

    HostDoc Hosting - NVMe SSD Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting || KVM Doctor - KVM VPS | Hybrid Servers | Resource Pools
    FLASH SALES - Limited Stock | Community Forum - How To Guides, Community Updates | UK-FR-DE-FN-USA-CA-SG-AU

  • dahartigandahartigan Member, Host Rep

    LOL this guy.. yeah I keep having a crack at setting one up then I get distracted by something like getting that pbx vm set up (you've probably noticed that too haha)

    I'm planning to migrate some websites to an ipv6 only vps soon, I just need a little more ram for tx ;)

    As for my flawed research abilities.. I got nothing lol

    I'm a HostDoc representative

  • HostDocHostDoc Member, Provider, Top Provider

    @dahartigan said:
    LOL this guy.. yeah I keep having a crack at setting one up then I get distracted by something like getting that pbx vm set up (you've probably noticed that too haha)

    I'm planning to migrate some websites to an ipv6 only vps soon, I just need a little more ram for tx ;)

    As for my flawed research abilities.. I got nothing lol

    Added some juice to your v6 but it is only committed to that instance. Once deleted, so is the extra ram.
    PM me the link when it is up.

    Thanked by 1dahartigan

    HostDoc Hosting - NVMe SSD Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting || KVM Doctor - KVM VPS | Hybrid Servers | Resource Pools
    FLASH SALES - Limited Stock | Community Forum - How To Guides, Community Updates | UK-FR-DE-FN-USA-CA-SG-AU

  • dahartigandahartigan Member, Host Rep

    Thanks for that :D As you know I do the right thing and am happy to give it back when the time comes :)

    I will definitely PM you once I've got something migrated there. I have a static site and a WordPress site I'd like to move there, and I plan to put cloudflare in front as always.

    Sending email will be the real test, I'll probably have to get a rdns entry for the ipv6 to keep Gmail happy. I haven't got that far yet..

    Top notch customer service again by the way, really appreciated :)

    Thanked by 1HostDoc

    I'm a HostDoc representative

  • ChuckChuck Member

    Are the NVMe SSD + HDD plans have the option to create 2 separate servers?

    I like what she said, not what it means.

  • HostDocHostDoc Member, Provider, Top Provider

    @Chuck said:
    Are the NVMe SSD + HDD plans have the option to create 2 separate servers?

    The plans offered have dual storage.
    However, you can have seperate plans with NVMe or HDD on individual servers also, but not in conjunction with these offer.

    HostDoc Hosting - NVMe SSD Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting || KVM Doctor - KVM VPS | Hybrid Servers | Resource Pools
    FLASH SALES - Limited Stock | Community Forum - How To Guides, Community Updates | UK-FR-DE-FN-USA-CA-SG-AU

  • dahartigandahartigan Member, Host Rep

    Got anything in New York?

    Thanked by 2t0m vimalware

    I'm a HostDoc representative

  • @dahartigan said:
    Got anything in New York?

    Yes , they have servers on moon too 😉

    quam bene vivas refert non quam diu

  • dahartigandahartigan Member, Host Rep

    @Deepak_leb said:

    @dahartigan said:
    Got anything in New York?

    Yes , they have servers on moon too 😉

    Good, with IPv6? Is that close to Finland at all?

    I'm a HostDoc representative

  • HostDocHostDoc Member, Provider, Top Provider

    @dahartigan said:
    Got anything in New York?

    Lol :dizzy: I get it.
    New York is not yet on our road map and I doubt it will.

    @Deepak_leb said:

    @dahartigan said:
    Got anything in New York?

    Yes , they have servers on moon too 😉

    No, not yet, but the gears are in motion.
    We have partnered with Richchard Branson and OVH to rent servers there when it is available. They have promised it will be available when CC make their IPv6 available.

    @dahartigan said:

    @Deepak_leb said:

    @dahartigan said:
    Got anything in New York?

    Yes , they have servers on moon too 😉

    Good, with IPv6? Is that close to Finland at all?

    Pfft.. IPv6?

    OVH are spearheading the launch of IPv26 on the north sector of the moon. They have informed me all servers will have IPv24 and IPv26 allocation by default.

    HostDoc Hosting - NVMe SSD Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting || KVM Doctor - KVM VPS | Hybrid Servers | Resource Pools
    FLASH SALES - Limited Stock | Community Forum - How To Guides, Community Updates | UK-FR-DE-FN-USA-CA-SG-AU

  • @HostDoc said:

    @dahartigan said:
    Got anything in New York?

    Lol :dizzy: I get it.
    New York is not yet on our road map and I doubt it will.

    @Deepak_leb said:

    @dahartigan said:
    Got anything in New York?

    Yes , they have servers on moon too 😉

    No, not yet, but the gears are in motion.
    We have partnered with Richchard Branson and OVH to rent servers there when it is available. They have promised it will be available when CC make their IPv6 available.

    @dahartigan said:

    @Deepak_leb said:

    @dahartigan said:
    Got anything in New York?

    Yes , they have servers on moon too 😉

    Good, with IPv6? Is that close to Finland at all?

    Pfft.. IPv6?

    OVH are spearheading the launch of IPv26 on the north sector of the moon. They have informed me all servers will have IPv24 and IPv26 allocation by default.

    I bet that would happen on 3020

    quam bene vivas refert non quam diu

  • eoleol Member

    @Deepak_leb said:

    @HostDoc said:

    @dahartigan said:
    Got anything in New York?

    Lol :dizzy: I get it.
    New York is not yet on our road map and I doubt it will.

    @Deepak_leb said:

    @dahartigan said:
    Got anything in New York?

    Yes , they have servers on moon too 😉

    No, not yet, but the gears are in motion.
    We have partnered with Richchard Branson and OVH to rent servers there when it is available. They have promised it will be available when CC make their IPv6 available.

    @dahartigan said:

    @Deepak_leb said:

    @dahartigan said:
    Got anything in New York?

    Yes , they have servers on moon too 😉

    Good, with IPv6? Is that close to Finland at all?

    Pfft.. IPv6?

    OVH are spearheading the launch of IPv26 on the north sector of the moon. They have informed me all servers will have IPv24 and IPv26 allocation by default.

    I bet that would happen on 3020

    Exactly 45 years ahead of double bandwidth.

    Thanked by 1Deepak_leb

    ˙ɹǝuzʇǝɥ

  • dahartigandahartigan Member, Host Rep

    LOL so basically never? CC are still trying to work out what IPv6 is I think.

    Thanked by 1eol

    I'm a HostDoc representative

  • +1 for HostDoc. These guys know what they are doing with splendid live chat 24/7 support.

    Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • I've never seen more swap allocated than actual RAM. Some official recommendations put swap and ram at 1:1 up to a point, than swap set at half RAM. What would be the point of this and how would it get used?

    What is swap RAM? Swap is hard drive space, calling it "swap RAM" implies a ramdisk is being used, which I highly doubt.

  • eoleol Member

    I don't recommend swap.
    Swap just sucks.
    Get sufficient RAM.

    ˙ɹǝuzʇǝɥ

  • HostDocHostDoc Member, Provider, Top Provider

    @TimboJones said:
    I've never seen more swap allocated than actual RAM. Some official recommendations put swap and ram at 1:1 up to a point, than swap set at half RAM. What would be the point of this and how would it get used?

    What is swap RAM? Swap is hard drive space, calling it "swap RAM" implies a ramdisk is being used, which I highly doubt.

    You do know if you do not want the swap, you can give it back to the hard drive and reset your swap as you want?
    We will always double the Swap if the RAM is less than 1G and tend to max our swap at 1G no matter the size of the actual RAM.
    The amount of swap is not a selling point but rather to inform you we are adding swap and the amount that will be added.
    Further, including swap has its performance benefits hence the reason we include it with every plan.
    We call it swap ram so it is easy to understand and non of our clients have a problem understanding it, why do you?
    Providers get a lot of stick for not following the rules but what about general members? If you don't like an offer, move on. Rather than questioning a very irrelevant point which is easier to remove than remembering your password.

    For reference, here is the rule to help you remember:

    Provider Offers

    If you see an offer that is not right for you for some reason just move on, not everything will fit your individual needs and it may be a great offer for someone else, it is not your place to trash hosts offers.

    While a certain amount of community self moderation has always been acceptable and is still acceptable apply common sense and try to be constructive. e.g. "OpenVZ is rubbish" or "I can get this cheaper at xyz host" is of no use to anyone, if you feel that way then just move on, do not assume your thoughts are welcome and widely accepted by the community.

    Not only is non of our plans suitable for you, you have absolutely no intent to purchase so just move on.

    Regards.

    @eol said:
    I don't recommend swap.
    Swap just sucks.
    Get sufficient RAM.

    You get performance gains with swap no matter the size of physical RAM. :wink:

    Thanked by 2eol Xenos

    HostDoc Hosting - NVMe SSD Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting || KVM Doctor - KVM VPS | Hybrid Servers | Resource Pools
    FLASH SALES - Limited Stock | Community Forum - How To Guides, Community Updates | UK-FR-DE-FN-USA-CA-SG-AU

  • eoleol Member

    @HostDoc said:

    @eol said:
    I don't recommend swap.
    Swap just sucks.
    Get sufficient RAM.

    You get performance gains with swap no matter the size of physical RAM. :wink:

    LOL.
    No doubt.

    ˙ɹǝuzʇǝɥ

  • smilesmile Member
    edited February 14

    @eol said:

    @HostDoc said:

    @eol said:
    I don't recommend swap.
    Swap just sucks.
    Get sufficient RAM.

    You get performance gains with swap no matter the size of physical RAM. :wink:

    LOL.
    No doubt.

    discourse needs 3gb swap ram. swap too low.

    Thanked by 1eol
  • AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited February 14

    @TimboJones said:

    What is swap RAM? Swap is hard drive space, calling it "swap RAM" implies a ramdisk is being used, which I highly doubt.

    Agree, fully.
    @HostDoc said:

    We call it swap ram so it is easy to understand and non [sic] of our clients have a problem understanding it, why do you?

    That doesn't make it correct, just because you want it to be.
    (Similar to another of my pet peeves:- calling storage 'memory'.)

    Thanked by 2TimboJones coreflux

    redacted

  • HostDocHostDoc Member, Provider, Top Provider

    @AlwaysSkint said:
    @TimboJones said:

    What is swap RAM? Swap is hard drive space, calling it "swap RAM" implies a ramdisk is being used, which I highly doubt.

    Agree, fully.
    @HostDoc said:

    We call it swap ram so it is easy to understand and non [sic] of our clients have a problem understanding it, why do you?

    That doesn't make it correct, just because you want it to be.
    (Similar to another of my pet peeves:- calling storage 'memory'.)

    I agree it does not make it correct, but as mentioned, it is phrased as it is to be understood easily, which it mostly is.

    Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint

    HostDoc Hosting - NVMe SSD Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting || KVM Doctor - KVM VPS | Hybrid Servers | Resource Pools
    FLASH SALES - Limited Stock | Community Forum - How To Guides, Community Updates | UK-FR-DE-FN-USA-CA-SG-AU

  • Hostdoc SSD is fast though

    Thanked by 1HostDoc

    relentless collector of highest clocked, highest performing KVM/NVMe/Gbit VPSes at the most competitive rates. just to hard idle them. zero knowledge on coding/programming; a mere hobbyist.

  • dahartigandahartigan Member, Host Rep

    Calling it swap ram is synonymous to calling it swap memory. I don't think anyone could get that confused for swap that's stored in ram, wouldn't that just be ram?

    I'm a HostDoc representative

  • @dahartigan said:
    Calling it swap ram is synonymous to calling it swap memory..

    Equally bad, as per my previous post. ;)

    redacted

  • dahartigandahartigan Member, Host Rep

    @AlwaysSkint said:

    @dahartigan said:
    Calling it swap ram is synonymous to calling it swap memory..

    Equally bad, as per my previous post. ;)

    You're probably right on a technicality, but generally speaking it's understood by most what that means.

    Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint

    I'm a HostDoc representative

  • ^ dumbing down for the masses. :-|
    Just like Folders instead of (sub-)Directories; I used to use file cabinets/drawers/folders as an analogy, though, for partitions/file systems.

    Thanked by 1dahartigan

    redacted

  • eoleol Member

    @AlwaysSkint said:
    ^ dumbing down for the masses. :-|
    Just like Folders instead of (sub-)Directories; I used to use file cabinets/drawers/folders as an analogy, though, for partitions/file systems.

    Don't make it complicated.
    Just use "thingy".
    All good.

    ˙ɹǝuzʇǝɥ

  • I'm used to hearing it called a "swap partition" or "swap space"

    Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @uptime said:
    I'm used to hearing it called a "swap partition" or "swap space"

    ^ this, or swapfile ;-)

    Thanked by 2uptime TimboJones

    redacted

Sign In or Register to comment.