Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1 GB RAM / 10 GB NVMe / 1 TB bandwidth - $2.5/mo (LA, NY, Oslo, Vienna) - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1 GB RAM / 10 GB NVMe / 1 TB bandwidth - $2.5/mo (LA, NY, Oslo, Vienna)

Comments

• @cybersans said:
    if anyone want to torrent avoid using vps inside US. us site always obey with DMCA complaint and take action. while a site outside US can simply ignore DMCA complaint

So you are saying, that torrenting on vienna, Oslo Location won't face any issues ?

I believe this is not the right fact.. am I @Abdullah

Thanked by 1eol
  • no. i already did that. not using this hosting actually.
    for example using from US site, my vps been suspended soon after receiving DMCA complaint where the company are so strict obeying the DMCA while some of my vps located in europe still steady, didn't suspend my vps. i believe they receive the complaint to but didn't bother with that.

• @cybersans said:
    no. i already did that. not using this hosting actually.
    for example using from US site, my vps been suspended soon after receiving DMCA complaint where the company are so strict obeying the DMCA while some of my vps located in europe still steady, didn't suspend my vps. i believe they receive the complaint to but didn't bother with that.

It depends upon the providers. Well, in this section I believe only the Abdullah has the answer.
    Since, they are US based Company

• Even if they are not a US-based provider, they would probably respond to copyright complaints.

Thanked by 1Deepak_leb
  • hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Our policies are largely uniform across all locations. We do not ignore DMCA or other copyright notices in any of our locations.

Thanked by 1Deepak_leb
  • @Abdullah you are still not answering my question here

• LAX down right down. :wink:

edited February 2019

@cybersans said:
    @Abdullah you are still not answering my question here

Sorry I missed that - dedicated CPU basically means just that.

Storage servers do not come with any dedicated CPU, they are fair-share and are not meant for CPU intensive tasks.

@azuan said:
    LAX down right down. :wink:

One storage host/node in LA is down and we're working on it as fast as we can (not the whole location down in any way and not sure what the wink is for) - but rest assured we are working on it.

• My LA storage (both) seems unaffected, for what it's worth. Insane deal for storage KVM.

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • @Abdullah said:
    One storage host/node in LA is down and we're working on it as fast as we can (not the whole location down in any way and not sure what the wink is for) - but rest assured we are working on it.

too bad because that one is the only one where my vps located. bad luck i guess :wink:
    because i don't know which node that my vps located (assuming that you have LA1 LA2 LA3 LA4 and my vps is at LA4), so i assume the whole LAX were down since my invoice said "LAX" without mentioning any node.
    ....and thats what the wink for :wink:

@azuan said:
    because i don't know which node that my vps located (assuming that you have LA1 LA2 >LA3 LA4 and my vps is at LA4), so i assume the whole LAX were down since my invoice >said "LAX" without mentioning any node.
    ....and thats what the wink for :wink:

I can see why that would confuse some people. Thanks for the clarification. Sorry you were affected by the downtime.

• @Abdullah is IPv6 provisionned automatically or should we open a ticket?
    Also, what precise IP-Only DC is used in Oslo? (HMG9?)

• @Shot2 said:
    @Abdullah is IPv6 provisionned automatically or should we open a ticket?

+1 I'd like to know the same for LAX if possible :)

• @dahartigan said:

@Shot2 said:

+1 I'd like to know the same for LAX if possible :)

@Abdullah said:

@sanvit said:

@Abdullah said:

@tenpera said:
    ipv6?

Yes, it can be requested after setup

Should I open a ticket?

Yes please.

Thanked by 2dahartigan Shot2
  • I had to open a ticket to get ipv6 in LA

I think Amsterdam had ipv6 setup from the get-go (just had to get config info from the control panel and make entries in /etc/network/interfaces).

@Shot2 said:
    Also, what precise IP-Only DC is used in Oslo? (HMG9?)

IPv6 is not automatically provisioned anymore in any location (it used to, but we have changed that as it causes issues to people who do not want it).

For now, you will have to open a ticket to get the IPv6, but we will have "enable IPv6" and "enable private network" buttons in the control panel in the next few weeks.

HMG 9, yes.

Thanked by 3uptime Shot2 dahartigan
  • @Abdullah why don't you answer to PM's?

• @Obelus said:
    @Abdullah why don't you answer to PM's?

Maybe he does not want to. If it's related to HostHatch, opening a ticket will be better I think.

I'm generally a pretty reasonable guy but I have to sometimes say no. To be clear - the details are already in the original post.

The storage plans are not suitable for seedboxes, so asking me if it is ok to run a seedbox on a storage plan and if using over the dedicated CPU limit consistently on a $2.5/mo NVME plan is ok with us....I am not really sure what to say, sorry.

I hope you find what you are looking for with another provider.

• Oh no, grabbed another one.

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • @Abdullah said:
    I'm generally a pretty reasonable guy but I have to sometimes say no. To be clear - the details are already in the original post.

The storage plans are not suitable for seedboxes, so asking me if it is ok to run a seedbox on a storage plan and if using over the dedicated CPU limit consistently on a $2.5/mo NVME plan is ok with us....I am not really sure what to say, sorry.

You could have just answered two simple questions politely instead of ignoring me. I just wanted to double check, didn't want to abuse your service but check before buying as your acceptable use policy doesn't mention anything about torrents. And then you basically told me to fuck off in PM when I posted in this thread. Instead of maybe suggesting your potential customer to pick a higher plan? Totally unprofessional.

@Obelus said:

And then you basically told me to fuck off in PM when I posted in this thread. Instead of maybe suggesting your potential customer to pick a higher plan? Totally unprofessional.

https://imgur.com/a/DrCFzTY

Sorry for offending you. I wish you all the best.

• Looks totally professional to me.

Thanked by 2dahartigan skorous
  • EOLed.

Thanked by 2eol dahartigan
  • cybertechcybertech Member
    edited February 2019

Self entitlement is strong here.

Ought to show some respect to providers that actually bother to cater for LET budget.

Just saying

• don't be such a drama queen. if you interpret the message like that you want, so thats it sounds. but he just giving a suggestion if your requirement/need doesn't match the specs, you may want to look at other providers. thats it. why so offensive?

its better to show the whole scripts of your conversations so that we can judge who's caused the inconvenient :smiley:

Thanked by 2dahartigan eol
  • @Obelus said:

@Abdullah said:

You could have just answered two simple questions politely instead of ignoring me. I just wanted to double check, didn't want to abuse your service but check before buying as your acceptable use policy doesn't mention anything about torrents. And then you basically told me to fuck off in PM when I posted in this thread. Instead of maybe suggesting your potential customer to pick a higher plan? Totally unprofessional.

Using a service for a seedbox is always going to break the ToS of a provider that say you can't do illegal shit. Exceptions are hosts that explicitly advertise they are seedbox friendly.

Having a cry on the forums isn't the way to solve your problem, so I suggest you fuck off to HF to find your shady seedbox.

Thanked by 2eol Deepak_leb
  • Dude are you Abdullah's little bitch or something, what's wrong with you? How is keeping alive linux ISO's illegal or shady?

• Epic.

Thanked by 1eol
  • In honor of AMD: EPYC.

Thanked by 2uptime imok