Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1 GB RAM / 10 GB NVMe / 1 TB bandwidth - $2.5/mo (LA, NY, Oslo, Vienna) - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1 GB RAM / 10 GB NVMe / 1 TB bandwidth - $2.5/mo (LA, NY, Oslo, Vienna)

Comments

• @cause said:
    Does anyone get Ipv6 on LA location? Their router does not respond to neighbor solicitation from my vm.

|
    |
    V

@Abdullah said:

@tenpera said:
    ipv6?

Yes, it can be requested after setup

Thanked by 1eol
  • @imok
    I did more than a month ago. my box is storage vps from December 2017 promo.

• @cause said:
    @imok
    I did more than a month ago. my box is storage vps from December 2017 promo.

Uh. Tell us if the situation gets better.

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@dahartigan said:
    Can we look forward to some birthday specials in April? I'll even set an alarm on my >phone.. haha

We will definitely have something going on the birthday :)

@soviet said:
    It would be good if you:
    1. Make the CPU limit to 50% like on normal plans, so we can use this vps normally in production.

I don't think we'll be doing that, sorry. We already have plans with 50% dedicated CPU, 100% and more. Please understand that we're simply telling you what you're getting instead of giving you a "fair share" with no tangible guarantees. In the end, you can probably use a lot more CPU than you will ever be able to do with the "fair share more CPU cores" for $2 providers.

I can count on one hand the number of customers we've had to actually CPU throttle due to abuse in the past 2 years. I have a strong feeling that number might get much higher after people read this though :)

@Kousaka said:
    Tried to order, but got a 500 error

Sorry about that, please try again. We were running a background upgrade to improve some features (including improvements to custom ISO) and adding an admin feature to disable the emergency ticket option for accounts that abuse it (read: open emergency tickets for "why my server is not setup" 5 minutes after placing an order) so they can never open another one again. That will mean better support for everyone else.

Thanked by 2BBTN masteri
  • @Abdullah said:

I can count on one hand the number of customers we've had to actually CPU throttle due to abuse in the past 2 years. I have a strong feeling that number might get much higher after people read this though :)

I can give you an outline of what those users were doing on their vps. Here's a video of it being described:

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Thanked by 3eol BBTN hosthatch
  • dear @Abdullah what do you mean by 15% dedicated for a package with ssd?
    for a storage there are no percentage of "dedicated" for the cpu.
    means?

• CrabCrab Member
    edited February 2019

@default said:
    There is no FreeBSD anyway...

You can upload your own ISO and install it via VNC. I have two of their storage plans with FreeBSD working just great.

The service has been so great that I had to grab another storage plan from AMS. Crazy performance and great support with amazing price.

Thanked by 3coreflux sin hosthatch
  • imok said: Parece ótimo.

Hello @imok, what command did you use to get these results?

• Invoice #158365
    paid, so what should i do?
    no progress after that

• @EHRA said:

imok said: Parece ótimo.

Hello @imok, what command did you use to get these results?

https://github.com/meetimok/ServerBench

Thanked by 2cybertech EHRA
  • TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited February 2019

pauper said: Invoice #158365
    paid, so what should i do?
    no progress after that

Wait.

• I want another one.

Thanked by 4eol uptime BBTN hosthatch
  • I couldn't resist that 1TB storage KVM and got one in LA :)

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • Any discount on bigger plans? Maybe on the NVMe 8 GB?

• Just ordered more storage, this is giving me doubts about keeping my SYS ARM 2TB in Canada, LA is so much better for me and 500MB/sec IO compared to the "shitty" 30MB/sec I get on my SYS box is amazing for a storage KVM. Thanks for these deals :)

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • Abdullah said: These are available in the following locations: Oslo, Vienna, NY and LA. Amsterdam and Stockholm will be available soon.

Any news about Stockholm ?

• FoxelVoxFoxelVox Member
    edited February 2019

Still got my two black friday vpses (15$/yr for 1core,1g ram, 10g SSD) going strong. Pretty awesome performance, price/quality ratio is insane

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • @vimalware said:
    AMS(nforce) latency from Airtel finally looks optimal :175ms over 4G.
    I guess something got fixed ; the latency was the only reason I hesitated every time the storage offers got posted.

Let me figure out which meh offer to drop first.

Put it behind cloudflare!

• FoxelVox said: Still got my two black friday vpses (15$/yr for 1core,1g ram, 10g SSD) going strong.

What is the vps?

• LvivLviv Member
    edited February 2019

It's about time for Amsterdam and Stockholm)

Thanked by 1eol
  • @Lviv said:

Yes.

• @Abdullah Can the 512mb $15/year vps be used as VPN for private torrenting?

I have 100mbps at home and looking for something that can give me 70-80mbps speeds. The 1tb bandwidth should be more than enough.

• @eol said:

@Lviv said:

Yes.

you're still flooding, don't ya?

• @Lviv said:

@eol said:

@Lviv said:

Yes.

you're still flooding, don't ya?

LOL.
    Nice edit.

• @jm1 said:
    @Abdullah Can the 512mb $15/year vps be used as VPN for private torrenting?

I have 100mbps at home and looking for something that can give me 70-80mbps speeds. The 1tb bandwidth should be more than enough.

Should be OK if there’s no copyright issues

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • @dosai said:

@vimalware said:
    AMS(nforce) latency from Airtel finally looks optimal :175ms over 4G.

Put it behind cloudflare!

Kind of defeats the point of having a private entrypoint into the public Internet (VPN)

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@imok said:
    Any discount on bigger plans? Maybe on the NVMe 8 GB?

We don't have any discounted plans at all. We might have something on our 8th anniversary (11th April) but this is not a promise.

@XFNeo said:
    Any news about Stockholm ?

Possibly another 2-3 weeks unfortunately. Same ETA for Amsterdam.

@jm1 said:
    @Abdullah Can the 512mb $15/year vps be used as VPN for private torrenting?

Shouldn't be an issue as long as there are no copyright complaints.

Some plans (including LA storage) will likely be out of stock very soon.

Thanked by 2imok jm1
  • if anyone want to torrent avoid using vps inside US. us site always obey with DMCA complaint and take action. while a site outside US can simply ignore DMCA complaint