Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Very cheap KVM in EU for WireGuard
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Very cheap KVM in EU for WireGuard

As I said in the title, I need this to run a WireGuard VPN so specs don't really matter as long as it has a decent connection.

VZ Type:
KVM

Number of Cores: doesn't matter
RAM: doesn't matter
Disk Space: doesn't matter
Disk Type; doesn't matter

Bandwidth: ideally > 200GB, not a big deal
Port Speed: possibly 1000Mbit, I'm fine with anything >200 though

DDoS Protection: No

Number of IPs: 1

Budget: max $10/y

Billing period: whatever as long as I don't spend more than 10$/year

Comments

• probably some lowendbox ones

• eoleol Member

How can you recommend LEB?

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited January 2019

good luck with your wireguard budget

EDIT2:

303 days until black Friday ... maybe @Ishaq will do another $7/yr (+$3 setup) kvm promotion - (512 MB ram + 10 GB disk in Amsterdam) - that's been working just fine for me the last couple months.

I would mention the awesome Liteserver 1€/m (BF price) but that's waaay over your $10 per year max so no ... (and a buyvm slicelet in Luxembourg or a first-root kvm in Düsseldorf would be twice your budget so I definitely won't mention those either.)

As general rule I'd expect to pay $1 per month just for the IPv4 address. I'm inclined to believe that even at $20 per year, there's not much of a margin to pay for hardware, power, bandwidth, data center, support staff, transaction fees, ramen noodles, etc. (Promotional prices may be an advertising write-off, or quite possibly in some cases literally too good to be true - beware the deadpool.)

Anyhoo ... welcome to LET, and good luck with your budget.

Thanked by 2eol goo
  • googoo Member
    edited January 2019

I know that's a very restrictive budget, but this seems like a decent usecase (not just WireGuard, you know, stuff like proxies etc) and it just seems weird that there's nothing like this available.

EDIT:

Also, I said 1 IP address, but all I really need in the end is a port...

Thanked by 1uptime
  • good point - I'd be interested to find a KVM NAT offer too ...

Thanked by 1lowenduser4531