Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shared Hosting Size
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Shared Hosting Size

Hello guys,
i want to know how much disk space should i provide to my customers?
nothing is unlimited as i know, "unlimited" is an marketing term only.
please share your honestly opinion.

what is the best to provide? how much Gigs?

Comments

• Three

Thanked by 1eol

Thanked by 1eol
  • 1 GB/domain.
    This enough for 1 small wordpress site

• 7mb

Thanked by 1eol
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

More realistically 666mb

• Rambo said: as i know, "unlimited" is an marketing term only

Then you could try the same

• mustafamw3mustafamw3 Member, Patron Provider

Most website use less than 1 gb .

• i use 23gb so make it a 100+ gb

• Provide enough space. But ask your customers.

• We give 10 GB for each site. Who is not enough, has VPS OpenVZ / KVM, or a dedicated server. But more than 90% use a maximum of 1 GB.

• BradyHBradyH Member, Host Rep

Most clients wont use over 2 GB. So you just need to advertise something big enough that will make them feel like they have more than enough space.

Yes you will get some of those guys that will use every bit of space you give them, but for the most part anything over 3 GB really is a bonus.

• Size matters. Don't trust your women if she claims otherwise. Technique is one thing, but size is THE thing. Debian. Thx.

• eoleol Member

@3606202 said:
    Size matters. Don't trust your women if she claims otherwise. Technique is one thing, but size is THE thing. Debian. Thx.

This.

• 15gb per website is enough.

NVMe must.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited January 2019

@iloveasia said:
    15gb per website is enough.

NVMe must.

"We utlize latest NVMe drives".

AUP: Limited to 1 MB/s IO kappa.

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • Well, it's not really unlimited if you're setting a limit, innit? Obviously, there's 'fair use' to consider, but there's laws against false advertising...

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited January 2019

@iHavenoName said:
    Well, it's not really unlimited if you're setting a limit, innit? Obviously, there's 'fair use' to consider, but there's laws against false advertising...

Well you can offer unlimited disk space and in AUP/ToS forbid image hosting scripts, file sharing sites, usage of the storage as backup space etc..

Once all that is banned it probably won't get about 1-2GB anyway because all that's left after these kinda ToS/AUP often only are html/css/js files and some images.

Anyway knowing how much disk space you CAN actually use is often more peace of mind than "unlimited".

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • @Ympker said:

@iHavenoName said:
    Well, it's not really unlimited if you're setting a limit, innit? Obviously, there's 'fair use' to consider, but there's laws against false advertising...

Well you can offer unlimited disk space and in AUP/ToS forbid image hosting scripts, file sharing sites, usage of the storage as backup space etc..

Once all that is banned it probably won't get about 1-2GB anyway because all that's left after these kinda ToS/AUP often only are html/css/js files and some images.

Anyway knowing how much disk space you CAN actually use is often more peace of mind than "unlimited".

Don't forget landing pages, redirects, and whatever the hell the latest spyware-term-of-the-day is.

Thanked by 2Ympker Chuck