Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you up for a custom job? [Programmers]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Are you up for a custom job? [Programmers]

armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

How's it going ya all?

I have been for some time trying to create a small project, local based. It's meant for my country only and not worldwide. The idea is already out there, probably in hundred of popular companies.

I'm trying to create a platform for drag n'drop website building. Easy as this:

1. Client creates an account[Free Only] signs up or logins,
  2. Has a panel where he can manage websites or create a new one,
  3. While creating a new one it asks for the name that he wants, the website will be created under his-name.mydomain.com [subdomain] and then with a simple drag and drop software he can create his website.

No need for ecommerce stuff or anything, just a small drag and drop builder mostly for static/personal websites.

Whoever has the skills to achieve this, do drop me a PM for more specifics.

Comments

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited January 2019

Heh, I was already working on something very similar which was to be released at some point to the public (open source/free). Send me a message if you'd like some more details.

Note: It uses ISPConfig 3 as a backend

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • You can try revolve your project around HTML5 site builders like Architect (I've been using that one in the past):

https://codecanyon.net/item/architect-html-and-site-builder/9957269?s_rank=3

Only thing left to implent is that subdomain thing.

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

@Ympker said:
    You can try revolve your project around HTML5 site builders like Architect (I've been using that one in the past):

Looks pretty good though i'll be needing it to automatically generate a website under my primary domain and not just some html / css files to download.

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited January 2019

So, WIX ?

Is this thread also sponsored by wix ?

@yokowasis said:
    So, WIX ?

Are you recommending i should steal the entire wix system/platform and use it for my own purpose ? : )

• @armandorg said:

@yokowasis said:
    So, WIX ?

Are you recommending i should steal the entire wix system/platform and use it for my own purpose ? : )

The term is "inspired"

edited January 2019

@yokowasis said:

@armandorg said:

@yokowasis said:
    So, WIX ?

The term is "inspired"

Did you even read the topic, i said there are already hundreds, maybe thousands such as this idea that i'm proposing. I just need it for my country-only and with less features.

This is not the next Instagram or anything, and obviously it was inspired by these popular platforms.

Weebly,Wix.. etc.

• @armandorg said:

@Ympker said:
    You can try revolve your project around HTML5 site builders like Architect (I've been using that one in the past):

Looks pretty good though i'll be needing it to automatically generate a website under my primary domain and not just some html / css files to download.

Well it already has an upload to ftp function integrated so why not make use of that? Pretty sure a programmer could make it to automatically upload to

directory: /public_html/subdomainroot..

I mean you can also contact the coder of the script directly. They usually accept paid requests and he probably best knows how to deal with his code.

Thanked by 1armandorg

@Ympker said:

@armandorg said:

@Ympker said:

Well it already has an upload to ftp function integrated so why not make use of that? Pretty sure a programmer could make it to automatically upload to

directory: /public_html/subdomainroot..

I mean you can also contact the coder of the script directly. They usually accept paid requests and he probably best knows how to deal with his code.

I'll make sure i drop the programmer a message. Thanks mate

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @FlamesRunner said:
    Heh, I was already working on something very similar which was to be released at some point to the public (open source/free). Send me a message if you'd like some more details.

Note: It uses ISPConfig 3 as a backend

Need more love for ISPConifg :S

• @mikept might know a guy

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@teamacc said:
    @mikept might know a guy

If he is willing to pay well for it, sure. :p

@MikePT said:

@teamacc said:
    @mikept might know a guy

What do you need money for, working for free will make you happier, you'll sleep better at nights :) !

Thanked by 1eol
  • eoleol Member

@armandorg said:
    What do you need money for, working for free will make you happier, you'll sleep better at nights :) !

True.

Thanked by 1armandorg
  • SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

@armandorg said:

@MikePT said:

@teamacc said:
    @mikept might know a guy

If you don't eat eventually you will sleep very well.

Thanked by 2armandorg eol