Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to test server performance?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to test server performance?

Hi, what was that free service to test linux server performance?

Comments

• benj0xbenj0x Member
    edited January 2019

Geekbench, sysperf.co, serverscope.io, bench.sh, ...

Look here:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/147254/your-favorite-benchmark-script-s

Thanked by 2uptime eol
  • Thanked by 2uptime eol
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited January 2019

I can't offer a service and I don't think that a service is the right way to test a server. What I can offer though is a link (see my signature) to a benchmark that I've written and often used that is VPS-friendly and designed in a way that takes into account VPS specifics.

It provides a servers relevant data (incl CPU type and all flags) as well as reliable performance info on the processor, the memory, the disk, and the network. And there is no installation required and no libraries or dependencies needed.

Thanked by 1eol
  • CPU test: install shitcoin miner. Network test: install TOR relay. RAM test: install cache server. Combine these methods. Torture your server to the limit.

Thanked by 1PrestigeWS
  • @LTniger said:
    CPU test: install shitcoin miner. Network test: install TOR relay. RAM test: install cache server. Combine these methods. Torture your server to the limit.

And lastly, for the ultimate provider test, chargeback after getting suspended!

• @LTniger said:
    CPU test: install shitcoin miner. Network test: install TOR relay. RAM test: install cache server. Combine these methods. Torture your server to the limit.

Or DDOS your own IP using Perl script

• thx all

Thanked by 1eol
  • @alilet said:

@LTniger said:

synflood.pl

Thanked by 1eol
  • @Janevski said:

@alilet said:

@LTniger said:

synflood.pl

not working

• eoleol Member

stress --cpu 16 --io 8 --vm 4 --vm-bytes 512M