Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LES LAX node closed by DeepNetSolutions (GDBI)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LES LAX node closed by DeepNetSolutions (GDBI)

Just received an email alert a few minutes ago. It seems like Gestion DBI is closing their Low End Spirit node in LA. It's a pity too, as I literally just signed up two days ago.

Dear LowEndSpirit member,

Unfortunately, following the lack of success of the Los Angeles location, we come to the decision to stop offering this location. Since some of you still have a running service in our Los Angeles facility, We have made an agreement with Anthony from Inception Hosting to continue your service in a similar area of the United States, free of charge.

The offer goes as the following:
1- You must order their Phoenix, USA location
2- In the order notes, you must put your latest Gestion DBI invoice number for this service and the renewal date.
3- All orders will be checked manually to ensure the information provided are exact
4- Fraud check will be run by Inception Hosting as usual.
5- If all goes well, your service should be up and running under 48-72h.
6- Your service will be free until the renewal date provided.

Following this generous offer, we will keep all services online until Febuary 13, 2019, to give you the chance to get your new home. But act fast, this offer may be limited by stock availability at Inception Hosting.

Also, you will be responsible to migrate your own data. No migration service will be offered.

If you have any question regarding this email, do not hesitate to contact us on the LowEndSpirit official forum: https://forum.lowendspirit.com/viewtopic.php?pid=21312
Regards,

• Gestion DBI Team
Thanked by 1uptime

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

All things come to the end, eventually.

Thanked by 2portspeed eol
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Happy to put people on Phoenix or UK, I just ask for a bit of patience while I verify due dates with David as we are on different time zones.

• Welp. Account marked as fraud due to IP location mismatch. I'm currently out of my home country, which explains this. I've opened a ticket, and hopefully it gets sorted out.

Thanked by 1Mudkip
    edited January 2019

It was sorted before you opened the ticket or posted this post.

Check your emails :)

Thanked by 1jefflin555
  • AnthonySmith said: It was sorted before you opened this ticket or posted this post.

Check your emails

Just saw it. Thank you so much!

I've always read and heard good things about your company, but I never would have thought this would be how I become your customer lol.

• My first low-end box ...

RIP (Rest in Phoenix)

• well think of david as a brother and AnthonySmith as Daddy, all in good hands servers.

• well, that didn't take too long. Phoenix rising from the ashes, indeed.

Just a heads up for people expecting the NAT mapping for SSH port number to end in 00 (as GDBI setup had it) - Inception mapping for SSH ends in 21 instead.

Also when I reinstalled from Debian 9 template (because YOLO, 128 mb is plenty of room) - seems sshd was not included in that install, so I had to go in via console (from solusVM control panel) and install the openssh-server package manually.

(Sorted that out soon enough though. Glad to see ipv6 speedtest pulling about 100 mbits from Leaseweb NL and Online FR, and about 150 mbits from OVH CA.)

It's been awhile since I've poked around https://forum.lowendspirit.com/ ... while I did notice a lurking yeti, I didn't see any thread about DGBI LA there.

• williewillie Member
    edited January 2019

Oh well, wonder what went wrong, I would have expected it to be a popular location. I had a 64MB there and used it quite a lot. Phoenix is further from the west coast but I guess it will do as a substitute.

Actually, what is going to happen about migrating a 64MB since Inception's smallest containers are normally 128MB? Hmm.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@willie said:
    Oh well, wonder what went wrong, I would have expected it to be a popular location. I had a 64MB there and used it quite a lot. Phoenix is further from the west coast but I guess it will do as a substitute.

Actually, what is going to happen about migrating a 64MB since Inception's smallest containers are normally 128MB? Hmm.

IH only have one package. You will be converted to this one.

This was a popular location, but only for people trying to evade GFW and then create lot of chargeback, issue, etc. since they don't understand the NAT part. We run this location from day one at lost. Unfortunately, it's now time to move on. :(

• Aha, I wanted low latency to western US and didn't care about GFW. That explains. Thanks.

edited January 2019

@uptime said:
    well, that didn't take too long. Phoenix rising from the ashes, indeed.

Just a heads up for people expecting the NAT mapping for SSH port number to end in 00 (as GDBI setup had it) - Inception mapping for SSH ends in 21 instead.

Also when I reinstalled from Debian 9 template (because YOLO, 128 mb is plenty of room) - seems sshd was not included in that install, so I had to go in via console (from solusVM control panel) and install the openssh-server package manually.

(Sorted that out soon enough though. Glad to see ipv6 speedtest pulling about 100 mbits from Leaseweb NL and Online FR, and about 150 mbits from OVH CA.)

It's been awhile since I've poked around https://forum.lowendspirit.com/ ... while I did notice a lurking yeti, I didn't see any thread about DGBI LA there.

Info was posted in News and announcements, you need to be logged in to see it.

Thanked by 2uptime jefflin555
  • v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

@gestiondbi will there be new locations?

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@v3ng said:
    @gestiondbi will there be new locations?

New locations for LowEndSpirit, not from our side...

Thanked by 1jefflin555
  • jefflin555jefflin555 Member
    edited January 2019

@gestiondbi @AnthonySmith Thank you both so so much.

(Edit: inadvertently tagged the wrong person. Fixed it now.)

Thanked by 1gestiondbi