Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you pay for dockerized apps?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Would you pay for dockerized apps?

Stuff like, ghost/discourse/gogs and the likes, I made a crappy webpage that allows users to create ghost blogs, I was wondering if this might even be desirable, since some of these applications ask for a vps.
Anyways I might just be overthinking it, I kinda want to know before I go on and make a billing system around this, (what I have so far is a phony system that uses 'points').

Comments

• Yes if it functions well.
    Because I know that dockerization of these apps is burden

• Personally, no- but creating and updating these as a SaaS resource with a template service for SolusVM might just be a way to make a few bucks. The again, if they're all dock'd, why not just spin up a new VPS?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Under the right circumstances and with the right positioning, sure. If I’m searching for alternatives to a paid service and I find something open source that’s really hard to set up, and here you are with “one click and I’ll keep it up for you” then yeah, I’m considering your prices.

• eoleol Member

Nope.

• I was thinking of something around 5-6$/y per ghost blog, you could set it up cheaper your self with an ipv6 vps + cloudflare's cdn and you would save 1-3$, but imho that's not for everyone, I think. So far I got this:

Email verification and checks ips against a fraud database.