Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Resource Pooling on APAC Location
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Resource Pooling on APAC Location

xreann20xreann20 Member
edited January 2019 in Requests

Looking for Resource Pooling on APAC Location preferably on SG.
Budget is around 50-60 USD.

Need KVM.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited January 2019

You should try HostDoc :) You can even create from any location they offer other than Singapore.

BF Resource Pool 1

• 300G Storage
    • 900G Bandwidth
    • 1.5G RAM
    • 3G Swap
    • 3 IPv4
    • 6 vCores
    • Create up to 3 VM
    • £7.99/m or £79.99/yr
    • Order Link (Aff)

BF Resource Pool 2

• 400G Storage
    • 1.2T Bandwidth
    • 2G RAM
    • 4G Swap
    • 4 IPv4
    • 8 vCores
    • Create up to 4 VM
    • £8.99/m or £89.99/yr
    • Order Link (Aff)

Thanked by 1xreann20
  • xreann20xreann20 Member
    edited January 2019

@FAT32 said:
    You should try HostDoc :) You can even create from any location they offer other than Singapore.

BF Resource Pool 1

• 300G Storage
    • 900G Bandwidth
    • 1.5G RAM
    • 3G Swap
    • 3 IPv4
    • 6 vCores
    • Create up to 3 VM
    • £7.99/m or £79.99/yr
    • Order Link (Aff)

BF Resource Pool 2

• 400G Storage
    • 1.2T Bandwidth
    • 2G RAM
    • 4G Swap
    • 4 IPv4
    • 8 vCores
    • Create up to 4 VM
    • £8.99/m or £89.99/yr
    • Order Link (Aff)

https://clientsarea.hostdoc.co.uk/cart.php?gid=9 I see these higher resource pool plans but the location on the description only show these locations UK | FR | FI | DE | CA :) ..Thanks for the heads up man..

@xreann20 said:
    https://clientsarea.hostdoc.co.uk/cart.php?gid=9 I see these higher resource pool plans but the location on the description only show these locations UK | FR | FI | DE | CA :) ..Thanks for the heads up man..

Yes I realized that too, it is actually contradicting with the price stated in https://hostdoc.co.uk/cloud.html too. Perhaps the only way is to wait for clarification by @HostDoc

Thanked by 1xreann20
  • Hi guys.

Let me clarify a few things. Those resource pools were black friday specials that should have expired. Thanks for pointing that out.

The prices on the site itself where planned to be pushed into production but we have found it harder than expected to implement a functioning pool in APAC that was not the target of abuse. We really only have about 2 clients utilising a APAC resource pool as 1one would want with others seeing it as a unlimited IP source which they can dirty, dump at will and then open a PP dispute claiming the service was never delivered.

@xreann20 If you'd like a resource pool, get in contact with us so a pool may be prepared. NVMe SSD drives are not available for pool users only HDD.

Thanked by 1xreann20

@HostDoc said:
    Let me clarify a few things. Those resource pools were black friday specials that should have expired. Thanks for pointing that out.

Frankly speaking I don't think I violated anything, I remember you said that any links that show in stock and published publicly are considered available. I am sorry if this caused problems on your side.

• @FAT32 said:

@HostDoc said:

Frankly speaking I don't think I violated anything, I remember you said that any links that show in stock and published publicly are considered available. I am sorry if this caused problems on your side.

I did not imply you violated anything at all @FAT32 and any expired links that are still active have been honoured as the fault would be on our side.
    I was just thanking you for pointing out that those particular links were still active.
    It tends to get hectic here with such a small team striving to keep on top of more important things so it is helpful when a link is exposed to us as still active when we had thought it had been taken down.

No problems caused at all. :wink:

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • xreann20xreann20 Member
    edited January 2019

@HostDoc you can trust me as I can provide you my billings with address and government ID if needed. Can I contact you via PM here? or should I do it via email?

You can give me a static pool of IP also to prevent me from dumping IPs :)

• I currently have 4 servers with OVH so far I am just curious on these resource pools as I have seen many reviews on it and want to try it for production :)

• For the love of god, don't be a dick on Hostdoc's APAC stuff. I am one of the customers that have a resource pool and use it mainly for APAC. As @HostDoc pointed out, it's possible for it to be abused so I'm glad it's something that is screened a lot first. It makes me happy to know my service won't be degraded by idiots doing the wrong thing.

With that out the way, I highly recommend @HostDoc if you need something in APAC, as long as it's not spammy or abusive towards the node it will suit your needs.

In my search for good resource pools, honestly I've found it to be the best one, and I think a lot of that comes down to the close eye they keep on things.

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • @HostDoc Can you fix your homepage's design? It is really bad. The header is too big in 1366x766 resolution, and KVM VPS link in header is wrong.

• HostDocHostDoc Member
    edited January 2019

@xreann20 said:
    @HostDoc you can trust me as I can provide you my billings with address and government ID if needed. Can I contact you via PM here? or should I do it via email?

You can give me a static pool of IP also to prevent me from dumping IPs :)

You can PM me or ask right here, whichever you prefer.
    There is also live chat if you'd like real time responses.

@xreann20 said:
    I currently have 4 servers with OVH so far I am just curious on these resource pools as I have seen many reviews on it and want to try it for production :)

Resource pools are mainly geared towards resellers but it can be useful if you find that you regularly need to spin up and destroy instances on demand without the worry of hourly billing and also the flexibility to create an instance exactly as you want/need it with as much or little resources.

@dahartigan said:
    For the love of god, don't be a dick on Hostdoc's APAC stuff. I am one of the customers that have a resource pool and use it mainly for APAC. As @HostDoc pointed out, it's possible for it to be abused so I'm glad it's something that is screened a lot first. It makes me happy to know my service won't be degraded by idiots doing the wrong thing.

With that out the way, I highly recommend @HostDoc if you need something in APAC, as long as it's not spammy or abusive towards the node it will suit your needs.

In my search for good resource pools, honestly I've found it to be the best one, and I think a lot of that comes down to the close eye they keep on things.

Thank you.
    We put a lot into providing the service we do and it is always nice to hear that something is being done right.

@banxix said:
    @HostDoc Can you fix your homepage's design? It is really bad. The header is too big in 1366x766 resolution, and KVM VPS link in header is wrong.

On mobile or pc?
    Thanks.

EDIT2 : ::

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @HostDoc been chatting your live chat, no reply for 2 hrs now. I will try PM'ing you.

@banxix I use 1366x768 resolution and got no problem with the design of their website at all.

HostDoc said: There is also live chat if you'd like real time responses.

• @HostDoc said:
    On mobile or pc?
    Thanks.

On PC, but the KVM VPS link is wrong on both of course.

• @xreann20 said:

@HostDoc been chatting your live chat, no reply for 2 hrs now. I will try PM'ing you.

@banxix I use 1366x768 resolution and got no problem with the design of their website at all.

HostDoc said: There is also live chat if you'd like real time responses.

Hope we have sorated you out?

@banxix said:

@HostDoc said:
    On mobile or pc?
    Thanks.

On PC, but the KVM VPS link is wrong on both of course.

KVM VPS link under services or the blue KVM badge?
    The link goes to the correct page (KVM VPS offerings) and the blue badge is just letting users know we only offer KVM and nothing else.

Thanks for your suggestions.