Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

512MB VPS for email
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

512MB VPS for email

gol3mgol3m Member
edited January 2019 in Requests

I am looking for multiple 512MB VPS's for low volume email (IPv4 and IPv6 /64 with PTR). <$20/year, 0-100 emails/day

It has to be a regular offer that is always in stock. The provider needs to suspend the VPS in case of abuse, not the whole account.

Not a lot of requirements, yet difficult to find. Currently paying $40 incl. VAT at Hetzner.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments

• what's low volume? bulk email could still be against tos for many providers here.

Thanked by 1gol3m
  • @gol3m said:
    I am looking for multiple 512MB VPS's for low volume email (IPv4 and IPv6 /64 with PTR). <$20

Possible.

It has to be a regular offer that is always in stock. _The provider needs to suspend the VPS in case of abuse, not the whole account. _

Suspicious.

Get better clients.

Thanked by 1gol3m
  • smile said: what's low volume?

0-100 a day.

• @gol3m said:

smile said: what's low volume?

0-100 a day.

lol. I would say vultr but you only have 12 hours to respond to abuse reports.

Thanked by 1gol3m
  • @smile said:

I am fine with immediate VPS suspension (although blocking outgoing SMTP would be the best solution). I just don't want the other VPS's to be affected.

Vultr is $42/year with IPv4. (I was looking for $20)

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited January 2019

Basically, OP wants an disposable spamming account?

Thanked by 3Letzien gol3m eol
  • @gol3m said:

@smile said:

I am fine with immediate VPS suspension (although blocking outgoing SMTP would be the best solution). I just don't want the other VPS's to be affected.

Vultr is $42/year with IPv4. (I was looking for $20)

well you should say $20 a year in your OP. you can try @Francisco but doubt any provider won't delete your account after repeated vps suspensions.

Thanked by 1gol3m
  • gol3mgol3m Member
    edited January 2019

@deank said:
    Basically, OP wants an disposable spamming account?

OP wants something like Hetzner, but lower specs/price. (yearly payment is fine)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

smile said: well you should say $20 a year in your OP. you can try @Francisco but doubt any provider won't delete your account after repeated vps suspensions.

If you abuse, you lose.

We're pretty fair about things, but don't be a dumbass.

Francisco

Thanked by 1gol3m
  • @smile If BuyVM had stock around the clock, I wouldn't be here :(

• @gol3m said:
    @smile If BuyVM had stock around the clock, I wouldn't be here :(

don't know what you talking about. they always have a vps available at ny or sometimes lv whenever I check. literally right now I can order one in lv.

Thanked by 1gol3m
    edited January 2019

@smile said:

@gol3m said:
    @smile If BuyVM had stock around the clock, I wouldn't be here :(

don't know what you talking about. they always have a vps available at ny or sometimes lv whenever I check. literally right now I can order one in lv.

Karen added a few 512's a hour or two ago, but it won't last long as there just isn't that many.

Most months we have stock for around 1 week total.

I'll be adding more nodes in LV next month, but that'll be the last build for Vegas me thinks.

Francisco

Thanked by 1gol3m
  • gol3mgol3m Member
    edited January 2019

@smile huh.. you're right. It was my understanding that stock only happens on the 1st. @Francisco are the 512MB slices usually in stock? (any location is fine)

never mind

gol3m said: @smile huh.. you're right. It was my understanding that stock only happens on the 1st. @Francisco are the 512MB slices usually in stock? (any location is fine)

We keep a strict limit of how many 512's we provision based on a strict limit of 512's per node. We don't want the plans to become noisy neighbors or anything like that.

Francisco

Thanked by 1gol3m
  • @Francisco said:

gol3m said: @smile huh.. you're right. It was my understanding that stock only happens on the 1st. @Francisco are the 512MB slices usually in stock? (any location is fine)

We keep a strict limit of how many 512's we provision based on a strict limit of 512's per node. We don't want the plans to become noisy neighbors or anything like that.

Francisco

种族主义者

• @gol3m said:
    I am looking for multiple 512MB VPS's for low volume email (IPv4 and IPv6 /64 with PTR). <$20/year, 0-100 emails/day

It has to be a regular offer that is always in stock. The provider needs to suspend the VPS in case of abuse, not the whole account.

Not a lot of requirements, yet difficult to find. Currently paying $40 incl. VAT at Hetzner.

you need multiple vps then buy dedicated server and install virtualizor.
    where you can create multiple vps.

Thanked by 1gol3m
  • subjugatingsubjugating Banned, Member
    edited January 2019

Go with Crowncloud's KVM for 24 USD / year:

Or VPeasy.com Base KVM VPS.

Minimum of 1GB RAM is needed for a bare-bones (complete) solution.

Thanked by 1gol3m
  • @cloudcone

They have some pretty deal for you

Thanked by 1gol3m
  • @mhosting_in While I have hosted a VPS or two myself, I think it would be better to let an expert do it.

@Deepak_leb cloudcone does not provide a /64 and the regular price is $32/year

@cipher vpeasy has a broken website and crowncloud ($28/year regular price) does not want me as a customer.

Hostodo ($20) and ftpit ($20 long-term promo) rejected me, too.

Virmach ($22.50/year, OpenVZ) didn't reject me, as long as I pay $25 per suspended server, but they offer no IPv6.

• reditredit Member, Host Rep

Hi @gol3m
    I've not posted till now as we are a little out of you price range at $4.83 per month or $39.99 per year but we match all of your needs. We only have our VPS servers in Hampshire England.
    Please have a look at https://www.redit.co.uk/vps if you are interested

Thanked by 1gol3m
  • CrossBoxCrossBox Member, Patron Provider

I doubt that 512MB of RAM is enough for a complete mail server setup (unless you just want to use it as a relay).

In a full self-hosted mail solution you'll definitely need anti-virus and anti-spam which tend to require quite a lot of RAM. For example, ClamAV needs 500-700MB, SpamAssassin 2GB, and rspamd 250MB.

In our experience, you'll need a VPS with at least 2GB of RAM to have everything working optimally.

Thanked by 2gol3m vimalware
  • VPSSLIMVPSSLIM Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited January 2019

Hello,

Maybe our cloud plans are a solution for you. Within the basic cloud plan you can make, based on your 512MB VMs need 8 virtual machines (as you can spread it over the 4GB Ram assigned). Price is 19 euro per month.

More information you can find here: https://www.hostslim.cloud/

Edit: this reply is based on you paying 40 EUR/m at Hetzner. <20$ per year per VM is not so much doable with the cloud plans.

Thanked by 1gol3m
  • This is something we can offer. We give you IPV4 / IPV6 with the ability to change PTR and also you can send 100 emails per day easily. But we wouldn't allow spamming

Thanked by 1gol3m
  • @gol3m said:
    crowncloud ($28/year regular price) does not want me as a customer.

Hostodo ($20) and ftpit ($20 long-term promo) rejected me, too.

Virmach ($22.50/year, OpenVZ) didn't reject me, as long as I pay $25 per suspended server,

Don't know: it appears that your track record isn't so great.

(Any reason why you're hosting dubious customers?)

• @angstrom There are no dubious customers. I just need to know before signing up that the provider is ok with low-volume email hosting and what happens in case of abuse, which makes providers become suspicious.

Crowncloud accepted me after all. It's $30/year for KVM (not sure where I got the $28 from), but besides that fits all criteria.