Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

mailcow - I can receive email from domain site
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

mailcow - I can receive email from domain site

Hello
I have setup and run mailcow.
The problem i have I can accept emails from any other domain addresses except the same domain
When my site with domain.tld sends to [email protected], emails are rejected
I used also mailgun, as SMTP also rejected either

Comments

• You need to give more info for members to help you.
    What have you set up? Did you try online mail check? Did you wait for dns record to propagate?

• Look at the logs, the answer is always found there. If it fails it will show why in the rejection error. Google the error and work from there.

Thanked by 1eol
  • I have setup mailcow.email, is dockerized email service :smile:

• I take the issue your having is you can't receive any email sent from a other server, which the from address is hosted on Mailcow server.

• I will translate for him. He can't send email to his own domain.

I have encountered this kind of problem before. It's has got something to do with some settings, I forget which one is it. And then I though it's not worth my time,i migrate into mail gun for free, or if you prefer paid one, go with mx route or iroute. Let them do the thinking.

• The issue is most likely caused by reject_unlisted_sender in smtpd_sender_restrictions which will cause Postfix to reject it if the from address is a domain hosted on the server and its dose not match a alias or mailbox.

E.g. If you got only one mailbox called [email protected] you could receive a email from your own domain with a from address of [email protected] fine but it would reject a email with a from address of a non existing mailbox in your server such as [email protected].

• same address like [email protected] sends to [email protected] it should not reject the emails . it seems your configuration is an issue. check your DNS setting on the DNS provider you need to provide the TXT / SPF / CNAME / MX and PTR records so it can work. you said its working for others and not for you. may be SPF has an issue.

Try MX Toolbox for your SMTP diagnostics it will give you where exactly is a problem.

Either PTR/SPF or you need them both in any case.