Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any good managed email hosting for own domain name? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any good managed email hosting for own domain name?

Comments

• subjugatingsubjugating Banned, Member

I will go with PRQ / Mailbox.org / Protonmail / Lavabit or just self-host.

End of discussion.

Closed.

mfs said: ticket handling via IRC, sound so convenient

There exists domain/hosting providers that don't need your email and works over XMPP. Nevermind.

I just want this thread closed and deleted.

I didn't find anything new but got to learn many learned views by great individuals here.

• LET is the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool people there. In LET you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. "Take it easy" is the LET motto, for example, that's how laid back it is there. Show up if you want to have a good time. Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with friends.

• @Letzien said:
    LET is the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool people there. In LET you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. "Take it easy" is the LET motto, for example, that's how laid back it is there. Show up if you want to have a good time. Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with friends.

You're obviously a glass-half-full kinda guy...

Thanked by 1Letzien
  • @sleddog said:

@Letzien said:
    LET is the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool people there. In LET you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. "Take it easy" is the LET motto, for example, that's how laid back it is there. Show up if you want to have a good time. Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with friends.

You're obviously a glass-half-full kinda guy...

Well, sure, it's half full, even if it is urine.

Thanked by 1sleddog
  • mfsmfs Banned, Member

cipher said: There exist

I don't doubt it, I doubt it's anywhere next to being efficient at scale

cipher said: I just want this thread closed and deleted.

I'm sorry but this isn't going to happen, as per LET policy

@mfs Thanks for your help!

Thanked by 1mfs
  • mfs said: I'm sorry but this isn't going to happen, as per LET policy

Well it can be at least closed as per OP's request by tagging a mod. I'm not doing it 'cause I've lost track of who's who...

• jnelson3149jnelson3149 Member
    edited January 2019

Redundant, ignore

• @cipher said:

@jar said:

cipher said: isn't it enough trust?

15 minutes with 15 IPs could cost someone hundreds of dollars and hours of pain and suffering. The only people who think that's enough trust are the ones at the bottom of the barrel so desperate for scraps that they'll do anything for $5 or major corporations like Google/Microsoft that can afford to take the hits by having oversized / heavily whitelisted infrastructure. I wish you the best of luck, that's just how it works.

That is why you ask for a paid and registered domain name and not a freenom domain like .tk, do you not think a person doing things with it, will end up paying for it?

Also, what is it that you gain from a phone number and alternate email? Anyone can get it in dozens without a valid ID.

Holy fuck, you are naive. Is $9 or less for a paid domain name all that much to you? They want to prevent criminals, fraud and shit disturbers. $9 is nothing. It's so far down the list of nothing to criminals, I'm truly flabbergasted you think that earned some kind of trust. Are you new? (Not to this forum, to this planet).

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2019

@TimboJones said:

@cipher said:

@jar said:

cipher said: isn't it enough trust?

15 minutes with 15 IPs could cost someone hundreds of dollars and hours of pain and suffering. The only people who think that's enough trust are the ones at the bottom of the barrel so desperate for scraps that they'll do anything for $5 or major corporations like Google/Microsoft that can afford to take the hits by having oversized / heavily whitelisted infrastructure. I wish you the best of luck, that's just how it works.

That is why you ask for a paid and registered domain name and not a freenom domain like .tk, do you not think a person doing things with it, will end up paying for it?

Also, what is it that you gain from a phone number and alternate email? Anyone can get it in dozens without a valid ID.

Holy fuck, you are naive. Is $9 or less for a paid domain name all that much to you? They want to prevent criminals, fraud and shit disturbers. $9 is nothing. It's so far down the list of nothing to criminals, I'm truly flabbergasted you think that earned some kind of trust. Are you new? (Not to this forum, to this planet).

Give him a break, he is new. That was apparent by having not seen a WHMCS client sign up form before. We’re all new to this market segment at some point.

Thanked by 3gol3m sanvit TimboJones
  • Maybe he just got shocked with the alphawoot spam and doesn't want any more of it?

@jar @TimboJones There already exists good providers that don't ask for an alternate email viz. Tutanota, Mailbox, Protonmail, Lavabit, PRQ, if you want an email address. You should not be asking for an email being an email provider esp. when a client is paying and has his own domain name.

Don't tell me there don't exist providers that don't provider emails without asking for an email.

You are an email provider! Did you forget? Or still remember? If I had an email why would I come to you? :dizzy:

• @cipher has a "buddy" who uses Hubic.com. Mods, please advise.

@Letzien said:
    @cipher has a "buddy" who uses Hubic.com. Mods, please advise.

What do you mean?

• @cipher said:

@Letzien said:
    @cipher has a "buddy" who uses Hubic.com. Mods, please advise.

What do you mean?

Go away now, this only somewhat involves you.

Involves me? How? @Letzien

• Nevermind. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited January 2019

welp. This thread took a turn for the weird ...

EDIT2: (As is tradition.)

It is usually the cost when people discuss about privacy.

Providers: Privacy? CP? Terrorist!

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited January 2019

@cipher said:
    I will go with PRQ / Mailbox.org / Protonmail / Lavabit or just self-host.

End of discussion.

Closed.

I understand your point (complaint) about the need to give an alternate email address when signing up with an email provider.

Why not then simply go with one of the (privacy-oriented) email providers that don't require an alternate email address? The main disadvantage is that they are pricier.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@cipher said:
    @MikePT do you allow anonymous sign up for custom domain?

We do not sadly, sorry sir!

• I can't stop thinking IF provider had problem, how they contact OP? they only had his/her name.

You're welcome to set your own standart, but dont expect other people to follow your way of life.

angstrom said: need to give an alternate email address

Also name/address/phone number, what if they say give your ID,password,SSN/Aadhaar what not. :disappointed:

No, in fact, Mailbox.org or Tutanota.de is just 12 EUR / year. So, it isn't that expensive.

MikePT said: We do not sadly, sorry sir!

No problem. Your time/presence is much appreciated.

Thanked by 1MikePT

sibaper said: I can't stop thinking IF provider had problem

If they had problem being an email provider with a client or user of their own service, for example for using Tor hence terrorist or CP lover type then they can disable incoming/outgoing emails to all but them and inform him to connect to support over ticketing system or whatever means by way of notification upon login.

Anyways. I think it is not worth a discussion only. People should just sign up with a secondary made up email and a wrong phone number like most do because it totally helps a provider vs a properly registered domain name.

If you want to discuss, let us assume I gave you my fake phone number and email, how would it factually help a provider when things go south?

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited January 2019

@cipher said:
    @jar @TimboJones There already exists good providers that don't ask for an alternate email viz. Tutanota, Mailbox, Protonmail, Lavabit, PRQ, if you want an email address. You should not be asking for an email being an email provider esp. when a client is paying and has his own domain name.

Don't tell me there don't exist providers that don't provider emails without asking for an email.

You are an email provider! Did you forget? Or still remember? If I had an email why would I come to you? :dizzy:

Tips for future posts:

1. Make up some story about how you're a journalist in dictator country and need hardcore paranoid Snowden level privacy.

2. Don't use triple (quadruple?) negatives in a sentence.

Thanked by 2Letzien uptime
  • @TimboJones said:
    1. Make up some story about how you're a journalist in dictator country and need hardcore paranoid Snowden level privacy.

Whatever happened to that guy?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2019

@cipher said:
    If you want to discuss, let us assume I gave you my fake phone number and email, how would it factually help a provider when things go south?

Every single thing that you did would be a data point that would help prevent further abuse. You can’t just shut down spammers as they occur. I know spammers who would gladly pay again for my service every single morning, chargeback later, and ruin my service for my customers as well as bankrupt my accounts and leave my daughters without food on the table. They don’t care. They’re not reasonable people. They’re also not as smart as you think they are, so I catch them giving me data points that help to stop them every day. Data points you think are useless, but help me save thousands of dollars.

You’re welcome to have opinions on it. But you don’t know what works and what doesn’t for abuse prevention because it isn’t your job to prevent it. I do because it’s part of how I feed my family. Maybe those other services haven’t met the scammers who circle my business, maybe they have other ways of dealing with them. I have mine, I can’t speak for anyone else.

I’ve made over $800 in sales since this thread opened, from people happy to give me an alternate email and phone number. I’ve also halted a known spammer 4+ times at the signup form since it opened. Thank you so much friends, January is usually a month that struggles to pay the bills. I truly do adore you all <3

Making another round through referral payouts tonight or tomorrow night, working the list down.

TimboJones said: Tips for future posts:

Make up some story about how you're a journalist in dictator country and need hardcore paranoid Snowden level privacy.

Don't use triple (quadruple?) negatives in a sentence.

1. Lol
    2. Haha lol. Sorry lol was redundant, I know.

And? Tell UN, why is privacy fundamental human right then? For name sake or milk shake?