Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS for a Java App
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS for a Java App

I have custom developed Application that runs on Java 8, as I am a cPanel guy and not a sys admin.

I am finding difficulties now to have a managed VPS that can install EasyApache 4, Tomcat 8.5 and Java 8

Another option is to go for a VPS with Vebuzo control panel https://www.interserver.net/vps/webuzo.html which can get me PHP/Apache versions, Tomcat 8 and Java 8.

Is there any other suggestions?

Comments

• Travel back to 2014 and get a dedi with a custom setup. Never update it.

• @Letzien said:
    Travel back to 2014 and get a dedi with a custom setup. Never update it.

Why dedi I can do it with a vps too :smiley:

• @smartcard said:

@Letzien said:
    Travel back to 2014 and get a dedi with a custom setup. Never update it.

Why dedi I can do it with a vps too :smiley:

You won't be forced to upgrade.

Really, your custom stack above will work, but need attention for cPanel. I strongly suggest using something simpler to manage, or just having it built (with docs) so you can maintain it. Since it's Java 8, your best off doing this and isolating as much of it as possible.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

I can certainly do it for a one time fee or if you want a recurring monthly fee for further tweaks etc.

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

Try out our CloudJiffy PaaS which will automatically configure the required Tomcat, Java and Mysql version for you. You just need to upload your war file through our dashboard as ROOT.war and your mysql dump through phpmyadmin. You can go live within minutes in our Los Angeles or Pune, India datacenter.

The best part is we bill on actual CPU/RAM consumed, rather than a fixed plan.

Try us out for free - https://cloudjiffy.com/

• Pretty much any VPS would be fine, you could probably just find someone to manage it for you if you don't want to do it yourself. I'm running Jenkins (which is a Java app) on one of my VirMach VPSes with no issues.

Otherwise, maybe consider Platform-as-a-Service offerings like Heroku?

smartcard said: I am finding difficulties now to have a managed VPS that can install EasyApache 4

EasyApache is a cPanel-specific thing.