Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows VPS recommendation
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Windows VPS recommendation

Hello Guys is there any other better provider for Windows VPS then netcup?

I need 2-4CPU and 6gb-8gb RAM?
I have my Windows licence.

I need high CPU utilization, but it no mining.

Price similar to netcup ones.

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Don't you understand that the reason you want better is because netcup servers are overloaded to hell to offer that pricing to begin with?

If you want the same price as netcup you should expect the same or worse quality.

If you need high use of 4 CPU cores and 8GB Ram you should be looking to triple the price you pay for nutcup or just put up with the super budget service quality.

I honestly don't think you will find a better quality service that will allow you to blast CPU cores at the same price.

Thanked by 1dragon1993
  • deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited January 2019

Ant, you've become a changed man after the man flu.

Do you really think logical thinking works on these people? They will walk in circles if needed for their entire life.

Thanked by 1feezioxiii
  • Hetzner cloud has Server 2012, 2016 and 2019 ISO's you can mount and install from.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • @deank said:
    Ant, you've become a changed man after the man flu.

Do you really think logical thinking works on these people? They will walk in circles if needed for their entire life.

Thanked by 1eol
  • adamus007padamus007p Member
    edited January 2019

I am not expecting that I will get anything for 2USD but I think nothing can beat Virmach deal for 25USD/ year for Windows VPS.

I am something more expensive and I want ask you to share me with your ideas if there is any chanse to get anything better in range 5-13Euro per month then VPS or RS Netcup servers.

that pricing to begin with?

If you want the same price as netcup you should expect the same or worse quality.
    Yes so I am asking about alternatives to netcup.

@Creativity does Hetzner have better quality/price then netcup?
    Thank you for your recommendation.

• @adamus007p said:
    I am not expecting that I will get anything for 2USD but I think nothing can beat Virmach deal for 25USD/ year for Windows VPS.

I am something more expensive and I want ask you to share me with your ideas if there is any chanse to get anything better in range 5-13Euro per month then VPS or RS Netcup servers.

Most of virmach will end up idling, that is where it draw its profit. 16GB of storage for Windows ? even tough you have a lot of CPU and RAM you cant use most of it because of the storage limitation

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

If you need high CPU utilization, the best option is dedicated server with IPMI. You will be able to do your own Windows installation.

• eoleol Member

I recommend Linux for a windows vps.

• adamus007padamus007p Member
    edited January 2019

At the moment I have https://virmach.await.app/
    $25.80/yr (~$2.15/mo)
    Windows KVM Buffalo
    3 CPU 3.0Ghz 4GB RAM 40G SSD 2TB@10Gbps

Which is super cheap, but the I open many things VPS freezes.

I don't need CPU 100% 24h but I don't want have issue that VM will be blocked by break TOS policy.

Now I have not issue with Virmach but sometimes it would be nice to have little bit more power.

@yokowasis which offer do you have?

@uxtvdl thank you I will have a look at it.

@bacloud I don;t things so maybe later. But maybe for me it will be better to buy more than one VPS and separate services.

@eol may you wirte your experiences? which emulator do you use? and how look if your software need many other libraries, .NET etc. ?

Do you refer to https://www.winehq.org/ ? I read about it but I have no experiences.

• eoleol Member

@adamus007p said:
    @eol may you wirte your experiences? which emulator do you use? and how look if your software need many other libraries, .NET etc. ?

Do you refer to https://www.winehq.org/ ? I read about it but I have no experiences.

Since I don't use windows anymore my experience couldn't be any better.
    But back then I used virtualbox and/or qemu/kvm.

• going the other way, there's Windows Subsystem for Linux https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/install-win10 ... which I also have no experience with.

• @yokowasis said:

@adamus007p said:

Most of virmach will end up idling, that is where it draw its profit. 16GB of storage for Windows ? even tough you have a lot of CPU and RAM you cant use most of it because of the storage limitation

Mount cloud storage for stuff that isn't application data.

Who is WSL for?
    This is primarily a tool for developers -- especially web developers and those who work on or with open source projects. who don't know what the fuck they're doing. This allows those who want/need to use Bash, common Linux tools (sed, awk, etc.) and many Linux-first tools (Ruby, Python, etc.) to use their toolchain on Windows.

There, i fixed it. I made it better. I contributerd.

Thanked by 3uptime eol Creativity
  • @TimboJones said:

@yokowasis said:

@adamus007p said:

What cloud storage work for windows? Most of them just sync and took space instead of real in the cloud. Also windows update will took a chunk of space.

• adamus007p said: @Creativity does Hetzner have better quality/price then netcup?

I've not used netcup so it would be unethical for me to comment on how they perform compared to Hetzner. I use a Hetzner as a windows remote desktop for the times I need to run Windows applications, as I don't have a local install.

There have been a few times I've run compilers for hours using 100% CPU, and I've not had any issues. Obviously you won't be able to use 100% CPU 24/7 unless you get the dedicated CPU plans, but even on the shared CPU plans they have decent CPU power. I highly recommend Hetzner as a quality provider, even if they are not the cheapest.

When installing Windows and you get to the partitioning page, make sure you mount the virtio ISO and loading networking and disk driver. I can confirm the server 2016 has the desktop experience installer and works perfect for me!

• Will Dallas work for you?

I can provide 2vCores (Intel Xeon Gold) @3.4Ghz and 8GB dedictated RAM with either 10GB NVMe or 30GB HDD storage and 1TB BW @10gbps.
    I can do that for £12 a month.
    Additional storage can be added. Windows ISO available.

• @yokowasis said:

@TimboJones said:

@yokowasis said:

@adamus007p said:

What cloud storage work for windows? Most of them just sync and took space instead of real in the cloud. Also windows update will took a chunk of space.

For one thing, onedrive is moving that way.

But there's other apps that do that, like dissident (I think) or cloudmounter.net. Rclone mount.

• eoleol Member

@TimboJones said:
    For one thing, onensadrive is moving that way.