Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quick Hetzner Question
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Quick Hetzner Question

I am trying to open a ticket as the server is unreachable..

Their robot.your-server.de is confusing to me -- if I go to "Servers" (on the left) and then choose the server on the right, then the "Support" tab, I can enter a ticket but after this where does it go? I submitted it but it wasn't clear the submission worked, and there is no copy or way to view the support request anywhere?

Is this right? If so - seems like they would get hit with trouble tickets over and over because no one would be sure they submitted the ticket right?

Thanks - just want to make sure I am not missing something as it seems I should be able to see a copy of the ticket somewhere with their responses.

Comments

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

Check your mail.

Thanked by 2uptime eol
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited January 2019

Hmmm ... well I guess you could open a ticket to let them know you want them to confirm your tickets.

EDIT2: That would be a silly thing to do of course.

EDIT2.1: So maybe do it anyway and let us know what they say ...

EDIT3: ... or you could wait a bit and see what happens, the wu wei way.

EDIT3.1: and now that you've poked the hive mind of LET, you can pass some time reading this thread ... Winning!

Thanked by 2eol Hetzner_OL
  • Thanked by 2eol Hetzner_OL
  • pikepike Veteran
    edited January 2019

Don't expect Hetzner_OL to answer before monday.

Also if you successfully opened a ticket with them you will receive a confirmation via e-mail.

Thanked by 3uptime t0m Hetzner_OL
  • deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited January 2019

@eol is the unofficial Hetzner rep.

So, @eol

Of course, bear in mind that his favorite answer is "I have no idea".

Thanked by 2eol ehab
  • @pike said:
    Don't expect Hetzner_OL to answer before monday.

Also if you successfully opened a ticket with them you will receive a confirmation via e-mail.

Thanks - but shouldn't there be a way to see the ticket I submitted and the communication from them, etc? I just want to make sure the ticket is submitted properly and not bother them with repeated tickets

Thanked by 1uptime
  • check your mail, you should receive an automated mail after opening a ticket

Hi there

We received your email. Thanks for writing to us.

You have probably realized by now that this is an automated message.

We need some time to process each email that we receive, but we will write back to you personally as soon as we can. Thank you for your understanding!

Kind regards

maybe check your spam-folder?

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • @Falzo said:
    check your mail, you should receive an automated mail after opening a ticket

Hi there

We need some time to process each email that we receive, but we will write back to you personally as soon as we can. Thank you for your understanding!

Kind regards

Got it but I am curious if anyone has experience with their ticketing system as I cannot find the ticket submitted so I can't see when/if they respond or if I even submitted right?

I tried some system resets so it is not clear from the emails what they are responding to as once I submitted a ticket I haven't seen anything with a copy of the support request, etc...

Is it common for the support ticket to vanish into the ether and not see a history of the conversation?

• pikepike Veteran

They have no ticketing system thats visible to the user, you just communicate via e-mail.

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

sidewinder said: Got it but I am curious if anyone has experience with their ticketing system as I cannot find the ticket submitted so I can't see when/if they respond or if I even submitted right?

If you got that message you got the ticket you submitted just beneath it, as a PGP signed message too. You'll get the whole history.

• @sidewinder said:

@Falzo said:

Hi there

Kind regards

Got it but I am curious if anyone has experience with their ticketing system as I cannot find the ticket submitted so I can't see when/if they respond or if I even submitted right?

I tried some system resets so it is not clear from the emails what they are responding to as once I submitted a ticket I haven't seen anything with a copy of the support request, etc...

Is it common for the support ticket to vanish into the ether and not see a history of the conversation?

there simply is no history or conversation view in the control panel. it's more like contact-form and that's it.

your request is quoted in the auto responded email you got. the answer to your ticket will also come via mail to you directly and if you need or want to respond you just reply to that mail, easy as that.

simply keep your mails together, to have your ticket history ;-)

Bad for the SoDs who use disposable emails.

• eoleol Member

@deank said:

So, @eol

I have no idea but like @mfs already mentioned, check your mail.

Thanked by 2sidewinder uxtvdl
  • That's all I wanted to know. Thanks, you rock.

@Falzo said:

@sidewinder said:

@Falzo said:

Hi there

Kind regards

there simply is no history or conversation view in the control panel. it's more like contact-form and that's it.

your request is quoted in the auto responded email you got. the answer to your ticket will also come via mail to you directly and if you need or want to respond you just reply to that mail, easy as that.

simply keep your mails together, to have your ticket history ;-)

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • mfsmfs Banned, Member

eol said: I have no idea but like @mfs already mentioned, check your mail.

Why should you check your mail when on LET you can get professional unofficial full tech support for every doubt crossing your mind 24/7$

Thanked by 2eol t0m
  • eoleol Member

@mfs said:

Why should you check your mail when on LET you can get professional unofficial full tech support for every doubt crossing your mind 24/7$

Good question.

Thanked by 1mfs

Checking emails requires efforts which is classified as torture by millennials in 2019.

Posting on LET, meanwhile, is considered having PMS which is a vital part of human survival.

Thanked by 2eol mfs
  • @deank said:
    Checking emails requires efforts which is classified as torture by millennials in 2019.

Posting on LET, meanwhile, is considered having PMS which is a vital part of millenial survival.

Fixed that for you.

• eoleol Member

@AuroraZ said:

@deank said:

Posting on LET, meanwhile, is considered having PMS which is a vital part of millenial survival.

Fixed that for you.

Not sure if it really needed fixing...

• It's not clear when submitting a ticket WTF is going on and I never got an email other than the hardware reset requests and since I couldn't see a copy of the ticket I submitted anywhere, I just wanted to make sure this is normal.

I didn't want to submit another request to them, so I came here to the forum labeled "Help" for "Help".

As long as that's ok with you of course?

@mfs said:

• eoleol Member

@sidewinder said:
    As long as that's ok with you of course?

Sure.

• it's okay for me maybe. This was an informative thread. You done good.

Thanked by 2eol pike
  • mfsmfs Banned, Member

sidewinder said: I never got an email other than the hardware reset requests and since I couldn't see a copy of the ticket I submitted anywhere

mfs said: If you got that message you got the ticket you submitted just beneath it

Falzo said: your request is quoted in the auto responded email you got

you're welcome btw. Glad to see you've tried to turn it off and on again (cit.)

it seems to me you've possibly mistaken the overall tone of the post you decided to quote. Here's some emoji :smile: :smiley: :wink:

Thanked by 1eol
  • @uptime said:
    it's okay for me maybe. This was an informative thread. You done good.

I think so too. Shoutout to @falzo and congrats to everyone else for being internet know-it-alls; incidentally they had no fucking clue as to the answer of my question.

• sidewindersidewinder Member
    edited January 2019

Thanks, and it's pretty obvious that while a great company, their "Robot" basically has no ticket or support system other than a form to email them which seems very 2002ish.

Good to know.

@mfs said:

sidewinder said: I never got an email other than the hardware reset requests and since I couldn't see a copy of the ticket I submitted anywhere

mfs said: If you got that message you got the ticket you submitted just beneath it

Falzo said: your request is quoted in the auto responded email you got

you're welcome btw. Glad to see you've tried to turn it off and on again (cit.)

it seems to me you've possibly mistaken the overall tone of the post you decided to quote. Here's some emoji :smile: :smiley: :wink:

• pikepike Veteran

They focus on improving their offers instead of implementing the stuff millenials ask for.

Thanked by 2eol mfs
  • @pike said:
    They focus on improving their offers instead of implementing the stuff millenials ask for.

👏👏👏👏👏

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

Hi @sidewinder, Sorry for the delay. We only check LET on business days, and usually then only around once a day.
    @pike @Falzo are right. If we successfully receive your request, you should receive an automated response. If you don't get one, we did not get your request.
    If you don't get an automated response, you can try to write a support ticket again BUT explain the situation and include an additional email address where our team can send their response to. (You won't get an automated response here, but our team will respond asap.) Or, if you are able to add an additional email addresses to your account, you can try doing that before sending a new support ticket.
    Or you can reach our to our Robot team via telephone. If you have set up your telephone password on your account, they can then verify your identity and help you out. +49 9831 505-142. --Katie, Marketing

Thanked by 4Wolf Falzo eol sidewinder
  • @deank said:

So, @eol

Bear in mind, bear in body. \o/

Thanked by 1eol
  • eoleol Member

He also stops in the middle of the