Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH to relaunch Singapore/Sydney VPS service
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH to relaunch Singapore/Sydney VPS service

teperteper Member
edited January 2019 in General

https://www.ovh.com/asia/vps/#ssd-discover

Singapore Early 2019

Sydney Early 2019

Been waiting for these for quite some time now though the rate is increased by 1$.

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited January 2019

teper said: the rate is increased by 1$.

Also before it had 1GB RAM & 30GB SSD, now 2GB RAM & 10GB SSD.

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • eoleol Member

10GB only?
    Barely enough to fit my passwords.txt.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @eol said:
    10GB only?

the largest common credentials of around 10 million is less than 10 megabyte txt file...

• eoleol Member

@smile said:

@eol said:
    10GB only?

the largest common credentials of around 10 million is less than 10 megabyte txt file...

https://haveibeenpwned.com/Passwords

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • @eol said:

@smile said:

@eol said:
    10GB only?

https://haveibeenpwned.com/Passwords

well I mean if you really have over 500 million passwords I guess.

Thanked by 1eol
  • Where can I check OVH test IP or looking glass...?

• Only 10GB? @OVH_APAC you guys are really going backwards...

• and price up by a fair bit. Don't even know what CPU. Sad deal mate

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@cybertech said:
    and price up by a fair bit. Don't even know what CPU. Sad deal mate

I dont think you can find any other provider that is cheaper than OVH. Not to mention their network is solid.

Thanked by 1cybertech
  • @FAT32 said:

@cybertech said:

I dont think you can find any other provider that is cheaper than OVH. Not to mention their network is solid.

Just ranting, but still on watchlist for Sydney.

• eoleol Member

@FAT32 said:

@cybertech said:

1Gbit is $105/month though.
    https://www.ovh.com/world/dedicated-servers/bandwidth-upgrade.xml

• What speeds are the vps?

• tester4tester4 Member
    edited January 2019

Old pricing below, these new deals suck ASS. The below pricing is in AUD btw so even cheaper USD.

Thanked by 1eol
  • Soon (tm)

• cybertech said: What speeds are the vps?

Old discovery VPS package is 100Mbps.

Thanked by 1cybertech
  • cybertechcybertech Member
    edited January 2019

@tester4 said:
    Old pricing below, these new deals suck ASS. The below pricing is in AUD btw so even cheaper USD.

Hope new deals are Xeon gold and NVMe then

Edit: gbit too

• I'm sure @OVH_APAC will come in, hose you guys down and some how explain the new plans are better...

Thanked by 1eol
  • If you want OVH then rent space on an OVH reseller, it would most likely be your cheapest option.

Find the area you want, example Sydney then look for any VPS provider offers that are on OVH in Sydney. I can only think of @HostDoc off the top of my head, not sure if flowvps run OVH..

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • eoleol Member

I think Lunanode uses OVH in France.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@dahartigan FlowVPS is in Melbourne, so no.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@MikeA said:

Thanks @MikeA. Only in Melbourne and run on owned hardware, not rented :)

Thanked by 2dahartigan Daniel15
  • @tester4 said:

how can you tell if you don't even have specs?
    I would especially welcome improved performance as to IO disk and network compared to the former generation

• @trewq said:

@MikeA said:

Thanks @MikeA. Only in Melbourne and run on owned hardware, not rented :)

Thanks for clearing that up :)

• @silverdawn said:

@tester4 said:

how can you tell if you don't even have specs?
    I would especially welcome improved performance as to IO disk and network compared to the former generation

I believe the traffic on the old ones are 1TB to multiple TB @ 100Mbps - the network will be identical as well as the port. No OVH location in the world supports over 100Mbps on VPS so it will be no different in Australia, a country where bandwidth is quadruple average cost of NA/EU bandwidth.

Sure, clock speed might be faster and IO might be faster (I doubt IO will be faster, I have an old one and the average I/O is 400MB/s which is expected from SSD) but it's still not worth the additional cost.

Older plans offer more bang for the buck and if we make comments like this, berating it - hopefully OVH might change their minds :)

• @tester4 said:

i did not mean the port sizes but realized network performances.
    as far as I know the old one had non recurring prices for 12 months with the same contract binding period.
    the new plans show monthly - ok not much conclusive info given yet
    with the adjusted pricing I do not have a problem, what is a plan good for if it is sold out and unavailable for months?

• OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider

Hello all, @smile @Gravely @teper, @eol, @tester4 @corbpie

We have finally updated our websites to remove the old "VPS SSD APAC" Discovery offer which was no longer available for purchase (Please note they are no changes to existing clients with such VPS plan).

The new offer shown online (https://www.ovh.com/asia/vps/) is a range of Sandboxes which will be available via our Public Cloud Solution in both Singapore and Australia: 2 new regions opening early this year (Our tech teams are currently deploying the solution here (it is already available in our European and north american datacenters).
    There will be also additional cloud instances (with dedicated resources) and cloud storage solution available.

Compared to the old VPS APAC Discover offer, OVH Public Cloud servers bring a lot more flexibility and options: Pay-as-you-go, additional disks, snapshots, private network.. https://www.ovh.com/asia/public-cloud/instances/features/

You can already find some details about the prices/specs online:

Regarding traffic/bandwidth for Australia and Singapore:

• 1TB quota per month will be included in the price (public outgoing traffic) (incoming is unlimited). if you go over, the outgoing traffic will be charged at a very competitive rate per GB.
    • Cloud instances will offer up to 500 Mbps bandwidth (100 Mbps for the sandboxes)

Hope this clarifies/helps

Thanked by 2eol dosai
  • @OVH_APAC said:

We have finally updated our websites to remove the old "VPS SSD APAC" Discovery offer which was no longer available for purchase (Please note they are no changes to existing clients with such VPS plan).

The new offer shown online (https://www.ovh.com/asia/vps/) is a range of Sandboxes which will be available via our Public Cloud Solution in both Singapore and Australia: 2 new regions opening early this year (Our tech teams are currently deploying the solution here (it is already available in our European and north american datacenters).
    There will be also additional cloud instances (with dedicated resources) and cloud storage solution available.

Compared to the old VPS APAC Discover offer, OVH Public Cloud servers bring a lot more flexibility and options: Pay-as-you-go, additional disks, snapshots, private network.. https://www.ovh.com/asia/public-cloud/instances/features/

• 1TB quota per month will be included in the price (public outgoing traffic) (incoming is unlimited). if you go over, the outgoing traffic will be charged at a very competitive rate per GB.
    • Cloud instances will offer up to 500 Mbps bandwidth (100 Mbps for the sandboxes)

And are there any plans to bring back the original APAC offers?

• OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider

@tester4 said:

@OVH_APAC said:

And are there any plans to bring back the original APAC offers?

Hello @tester4,
    Sorry there are no plan to bring back the old offer as it was only a Discovery offer, however this does not mean we won't bring other VPS plans in APAC in the future.
    Thanks

• @OVH_APAC said:

After OVH apac 2018 promotion ended, I asked you on twitter. For another SG VPS, But I got no respond.

In 2019, I saw hostdoc SG VPS, and buy it for a year.

Please make another vps in 2020. OVH I need you in singapore thank you.