Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alternative to Aruba €1
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Alternative to Aruba €1

Now that Aruba closed their €1 offer, is there any company offering something similar to that?

Comments

• eoleol Member

No idea.

• NO it has been asked before.

• no

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

Well, I'd say it was clear from the very first day that this was only a limited promotional offer; although many here might be surprised for how long it was available. But without a doubt 1 EUR/month is not a sustainable price.
    However you may find some 12 EUR/year offers.

• Who knows

Thanked by 1eol
  • You can use Hetzner 1€ or OVH/Online.net 1€

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • @edfox said:
    You can use Hetzner 1€ or OVH/Online.net 1€

I just had a look, they all seem to be above €2

• warihwarih Member
    edited January 2019

@theneutral said:

@edfox said:

I just had a look, they all seem to be above €2

Virmach offers $1.5 per month, even $1 for Buffalo - Virmach Special Offers (aff)

Thanked by 1theneutral
  • DynBox from 1,50€/mo

Thanked by 1theneutral
  • JohnMiller92JohnMiller92 Member
    edited January 2019

If you buy QuickClickHosting's $5/yr 512MB promo VPS, it's about 41 cents a month. A bit above your budget initially, but if done yearly it's a pretty good deal IMO

Thanked by 1theneutral
  • I'm sure it will come back again this year for a short time ;P
    their technical support is barely useful and they do get unexplained downtime occasionally.

• @smile said:
    I'm sure it will come back again this year for a short time ;P
    their technical support is barely useful and they do get unexplained downtime occasionally.

Have this happened already, that they would increase the price and then later go back to €1?

• @theneutral said:

@smile said:
    I'm sure it will come back again this year for a short time ;P

Have this happened already, that they would increase the price and then later go back to €1?

NEVER. just giving you hope :wink:

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Hope is what kills you.

Thanked by 1eol
  • nill, null, nada, void. IP it-self is probably 3 times more expensive than that VPS. I have 3 of them and I will pass them as a legacy to my kids.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Spoken like a true LETizen.

Thanked by 1eol
  • You're the one who posted that Reddit thread, I assume? Look up loss leaders.
    Hetzner CX11 is the cheapest option in assured quality options. But if you are fine with ColoCrossing stuff, the sky is the limit...

Thanked by 1eol
  • Weel, in the last promo from Webtropia I got a 2GB RAM/70GB SSD/300Mbps = 1EUR.

• KTS24 currently offers a €12/year VPS (affiliate link here). I got a similar one and so far seems stable.

Thanked by 1theneutral
  • @Oseri said:
    KTS24 currently offers a €12/year VPS (affiliate link here). I got a similar one and so far seems stable.

He does not want per year, he wants per month, or even per hour.

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

@edfox said:

Thank you for recommending our services. I´m not sure which €1 deal you are referring to. To the best of my knowledge we do not have €1 deal. --Katie, Marketing

Thanked by 1theneutral
  • @Hetzner_OL said:
    Thank you for recommending our services. I´m not sure which €1 deal you are referring to. To the best of my knowledge we do not have €1 deal. --Katie, Marketing

Last time i checked, 1€ was still 1€ on Hetzner. I believe all the European Union uses 1€ as the currency unit and it's worth 1€ everywhere. I think you can get one or many 1€ from Aruba and transfer it to Hetzner just fine

• @edfox said:
    I believe all the European Union uses 1€ as the currency unit and it's worth 1€ everywhere.

Or is it? On paper (ok, on metal.. because 1 euro) it might be that 1 euro is the same across all euro countries, but the purchasing power differs from country to country, so you might be able to buy more for 1 euro in one place than in another place.. So is it actually worth the same everywhere?

• @edfox said: @Hetzner_OL said:

Last time i checked, 1€ was still 1€ on Hetzner.

But that wasn't the question, was it?

• anybody got any downers?

Thanked by 1eol
  • This thread is... full of lulz. :unamused: