Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need multiple low end servers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need multiple low end servers

theneutraltheneutral Member
edited January 2019 in Requests

Hello!

I'm looking for multiple servers with the following minimum:

• 768 MB RAM
  • 7-8 GB disk
  • 1-2 Mbit/s link
  • Dedicated IP (one for each VPS)
  • Good uptime
  • $1/month or preferably less per VPS

Things that would be preferable, but not necessary:

• Ubuntu 18.04
  • Docker support

I'll be running blockchain applications, so there will be constant P2P traffic, but nothing illegal, and also low CPU usage most of the time.

The amount of servers I buy will depend on the price and my experience with the server, but I'd like to have hundreds or at least dozens. Preferably not yearly payments.

Comments

• Good luck

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Good luck

• @theneutral said:
    I'll be running blockchain applications, so there will be constant P2P traffic, but nothing illegal, and also low CPU usage most of the time.

These are rarely "low" CPU, and beat the hell out of the disk compared to most $1/mo applications (DNS, backup MX, etc). I can't tell you how often I've had to tell someone to scale up, because whichever shitcoin wallet they were running was pushing rather high I/O. Good luck.

• eoleol Member

Good luck with your thingy.

• @Letzien said:
    These are rarely "low" CPU, and beat the hell out of the disk compared to most $1/mo applications (DNS, backup MX, etc). I can't tell you how often I've had to tell someone to scale up, because whichever shitcoin wallet they were running was pushing rather high I/O. Good luck.

I mentioned low CPU explicitly because I've been running it for months on multiple servers and my laptop, with very little CPU usage (~2-3%). The blockchain data is not big either, so little I/O too. The only thing it constantly uses is around 1 Mbps of uplink+downlink.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

You can just mention that it is masternode.

• theneutraltheneutral Member
    edited January 2019

I just had a look, and I probably won't need it to be fully virtualized (OpenVZ will do) @crpatel @deank

• @FAT32 said:
    You can just mention that it is masternode.

It is actually not

@theneutral said:
    It is actually not

Basically anything similar or equivalent to this concept. However you might be right because you want it to be pay per hour.

PMS detected.

Thanked by 1eol
  • SteveMCSteveMC Member
    edited January 2019

Dedicated IP; $1/month or preferably less; hundreds or at least dozens; I also would rather pay as I go - per hour would be best.

:flushed:

• The person who sells me the VPS can follow the usage patterns. The only spikes I've had on my current servers were during initial installation and during system upgrades.

• @deank said:
    PMS detected.

Please remain respectful.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • @SteveMC said:

Dedicated IP; $1/month or preferably less; hundreds or at least dozens; I also would rather pay as I go - per hour would be best.

$1 per server.

• Just rent a few cheap Dedis, then, and get to work. You can split up a few $30 16+ thread shitboxes running small SDDs and OVZ until your hearts' content.

Thanked by 1theneutral
  • @FAT32 said:

@theneutral said:
    It is actually not

Basically anything similar or equivalent to this concept. However you might be right because you want it to be pay per hour.

I don't understand the correlation with the payment system. I'm not hiding the fact it is blockchain either.

@theneutral said:

Right back at you. At least know forum etiquette.

@theneutral said:
    I don't understand the correlation with the payment system. I'm not hiding the fact it is blockchain either.

Masternode requires constant uptime, but pay per hour suggest that it might be not.

• @deank said:

@theneutral said:

Right back at you. At least know forum etiquette.

When have I been disrespectful?

Double/triple posts. Learn to use quote.

• @Letzien said:
    Just rent a few cheap Dedis, then, and get to work. You can split up a few $30 16+ thread shitboxes running small SDDs and OVZ until your hearts' content.

But can I have one IP address for each OVZ container easily?

• @FAT32 said:
    Masternode requires constant uptime, but pay per hour suggest that it might be not.

OK, thanks

edited January 2019

As long as you pay for IPs and have proper justification for it, why not?

Know this tho, paying hourly for IP doesn't work and you don't have the justification.

Thanked by 1Letzien
  • @theneutral said:

@Letzien said:
    Just rent a few cheap Dedis, then, and get to work. You can split up a few $30 16+ thread shitboxes running small SDDs and OVZ until your hearts' content.

But can I have one IP address for each OVZ container easily?

Yeah, but you're still going to be paying for those IPs- probably ~$1/mo.

Justification itself isn't an issue if one's willing to pay over the odds. Some small hosts will do anything for money.

But shelling out dough isn't a part of OP's plan.

• @deank said:
    Justification itself isn't an issue if one's willing to pay over the odds. Some small hosts will do anything for money.

But shelling out dough isn't a part of OP's plan.

Basically, his budget is crap and he's already asking to be able to be billed less than the bare minimum with hourly.. on a $1/mo proposed service. Their business is going to cost whichever host more trouble than it's worth, unless they're @VortexNode.

• @Letzien hourly would be best, but I did not put it as a requirement. But it shouldn't be yearly either, though.

• eoleol Member

What is the intended purpose of this fustercluck?

• @eol said:
    What is the intended purpose of this fustercluck?

Waste more resources on something, that when governments decide to blast it out of the water will be a waste of time.

Thanked by 2eol Letzien