Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS Vulnurability 5.2.11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS Vulnurability 5.2.11

WHMCS 5.2.12 has been released.

Looks like it may be a daily occurance soon patching WHMCS. Obviously their software developers do not have the capability to program secure applications.

Comments

• No, they just forgot to increase the version number, hence the new (5.2.12) release.

• @spazzo said:
    WHMCS 5.2.12 has been released.

Looks like it may be a daily occurance soon patching WHMCS. Obviously their software developers do not have the capability to program applications.

Fixed.

• hoppe it would be last security patch on this month

• I hope so to !!

But I wouldn't bet on that

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

but so much of things happening with WHMCS, whats the other alternative, that reliable and cost effective....

i believe at-least they act quickly...

• @agentmishra said:
    but so much of things happening with WHMCS, whats the other alternative, that reliable and cost effective....

i believe at-least they act quickly...

Does Blesta compare yet?

• ndelaespadandelaespada Member, Host Rep

Someone needs to come up with something reliable/secure to replace WHMCS soon.

• @Dorkfiles said:

As said in the other thread, I'm with Blesta now, and have been for a few months, it's still growing with modules but the base is there, and the devs are very friendly, and seems coded a lot better.

@Dorkfiles said:
    Does Blesta compare yet?

seems very promising, but blesta still lacks hypervm...

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Hire somebody to code a HyperVM plugin for Blesta.

• @Ftplt_Radi NO NOT HYPERVM! Purchase Feathur instead! HyperVM is EVIL!
    Also, BlueBilling, coming soon (perhaps :P )

• @iKeyZ said:
    As said in the other thread, I'm with Blesta now, and have been for a few months, it's still growing with modules but the base is there, and the devs are very friendly, and seems coded a lot better.

And it also has security holes.
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1316047

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

Can someone rename the topic? While it's probable that there are still unknown vulnerabilities, the topic is misleading since .12 was just to fix the version number (which is quite amusing).

• @Magiobiwan said:
    Ftplt_Radi NO NOT HYPERVM! Purchase Feathur instead! HyperVM is EVIL!

Damn it, I told you last night, it's not called BlueBilling.

• @Dorkfiles said:

Missing a few features, extensions and seems to have a few security holes in it as well.
    I used a trial and went back to WHMCS.

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

Since the update, I can not download attached files in tickets. Redirects to homepage.
    Anybody has the same issue?

• I also noticed that.

@Magiobiwan said:
    Ftplt_Radi NO NOT HYPERVM! Purchase Feathur instead! HyperVM is EVIL!

excellent...

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Rallias said:
    Damn it, I told you last night, it's not called BlueBilling.

BlueBalls ?

just one view, why do not we start using accountlab plus, or THT, or AWBS or cleint exec or something of this sort.

accountlab plus is i believe nearly dead, no development since long, but may be if people start using and contribute, or if it gets being used, the team starts further development...

just a thought...

• ClientExec is pretty good it's been around for awhile, I really like how Blesta is coming along. You could always switch to Ubersmith. :)

• vedranvedran Veteran
    edited October 2013

perennate said: Can someone rename the topic? While it's probable that there are still unknown vulnerabilities, the topic is misleading since .12 was just to fix the version number (which is quite amusing).

Or wait a few days and rename it to WHMCS Vulnerability 5.2.12

• smansman Member
    edited October 2013

@nunim said:
    ClientExec is pretty good it's been around for awhile, I really like how Blesta is coming along. You could always switch to Ubersmith. :)

Ubersmith just raised their prices by 500% or something crazy. It's more oriented for Dedi hosters anyways.

ClientExec and Blesta? Well guess what? They have security problems. I know shocking that ALL software has security problems that can be found when people look.

http://localhost.re/p/clientexec-v462-vulnerabilities

• They had a security hole or two, as nearly all software does. That's really not the point here, software like Blesta that has only just been released from Beta hasn't had any show-stopping security holes (afaik?) yet and it was completely rewritten.

WHMCS has been out a long time, and yet it seems like a weekly thing recently where people can still view/copy the database. Not really sure what you're trying to prove by saying they have vulnerabilities.