Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

tutorials , more tutorials
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

tutorials , more tutorials

emreemre Member, LIR

Years ago when I first joined LET there were a lot of tutorials, about anything,

and now nobody posts tutorials anymore.

it's not about a specific stuff, about any tutorial about setting up a service on a vps or anything.

There was a famous 64mb ram server setup tutorial/script, something about setting up rtorrent, powerdns, nginix something , vpn over v6 tunnel etc.

I just want to see more tutorials in LET again.

When I was bored and just checking drama on LET if I happen to read an interesting tutorial, I spend some minutes of boredom time to follow the instructions to setup/install something.

anyway.

I need an Graphana, InfluxDB and one more thing which I don't remember tutorial now for example.

I find some with searching but not as foolproof for me to copy paste.

years ago I was checking www.howtoforge.com every other day for new stuff.

and nowadays digotal ocean community tutorials etc

But nothing compares to tutorials I read in LET.

Yes maybe I can start posting some kind of tutorial about some kind of unneeded service first.

Comments

• Probably because there will just be shitty unoriginal troll responses

• Welcome to 2019, where 4gb of ram can be oversold to you from coloncleansing for <$7/m, efficient VPS's are out of fashion. Everybody just asks questions on stack overflow.

• emreemre Member, LIR

corbpie said: Probably because there will just be shitty unoriginal troll responses

yes I agree , the tone of LET lately is exactly like that. People are using here just for their own ego satisfaction.

It can be easily fixed with a more tight moderation imho. But this will also affect the YOLO tone of LET.

Thanked by 1corbpie
  • @emre said:

corbpie said: Probably because there will just be shitty unoriginal troll responses

yes I agree , the tone of LET lately is exactly like that. People are using here just for their own ego satisfaction.

It can be easily fixed with a more tight moderation imho. But this will also affect the YOLO tone of LET.

If you want tight moderation join WHT, this community is forever in peril because of it's owners. There is very little trust between users these days and unless you've been here a while you're often shunned at the door.

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited January 2019

Writing tutorials costs millions upon billions of thousands dollars to write. It's basically cheaper to troll, plus it teaches people, while they learn, valuable life lessons lesions.

Thanked by 1eol