Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for partnership - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for partnership

2»

Comments

• @dahartigan said:

@cece said:
    you are lucky that not in the soviet days. companies like Tencent (qq wechat) just sue you for some reason at the local court to get your domain especially with the .cn or anything registered within chinese registry.

In Soviet Russia the domain sues you.

no . I realize that in soviet days people will donate the domain to country(national telecommany).

• @cece said:

@dahartigan said:

@cece said:
    you are lucky that not in the soviet days. companies like Tencent (qq wechat) just sue you for some reason at the local court to get your domain especially with the .cn or anything registered within chinese registry.

no . I realize that in soviet days people will donate the domain to country(national telecommany).

Now we're letting facts ruin a perfectly bad joke lol

• eoleol Member

@dahartigan said:

@cece said:

@dahartigan said:

@cece said:

Now we're letting facts ruin a perfectly bad joke lol

In Soviet Russia joke ruins you.

Thanked by 2dahartigan pike
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Letzien said:

@netomx said:
    I would sell the domain, and use that money to start a small company and selling websites to local businesses. Way more profitable, and small, local business love personal contact.

..unless they're your usual SMB. Then they love personal FREE contact. I get plenty of advice calls and random "How are you doing, oh by the way.." segueway into such advice, but relatively few want to pay more than a few dollars for a domain, hosting, and email - per year.

True story, hence why we don't handle any further IT setups, we do IT for companies only, not for individuals. It's crazy. As for dealing with companies, I just bill them in the end.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Good luck, not all people will understand the pain at glance.

Your customer doesn't buy from you just only because of domain but your service, quality, cost and performance. You won't even know if your new partner can help you or mess up your dream.

Easier to strike lottery than finding a good biz partner for long term. Like others said, sell the domain and invest that in your project/company.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • kkrajkkkrajk Member
    edited January 2019

cociu said: we have make this in our start ... but hell no , finnaly will call you the secretary and will tell you the printer is not work ... unfrotunatly the people here if you make a website is think you are his employer....About threat personally is a plus but a minus too.

Agreed... happens quite a lot..
    unfortunately once you forge a relationship, it is hard to say NO

Thanked by 1netomx
  • MadRabbitMadRabbit Member
    edited January 2019

Nvm

• @soviet said:
    @armandorg It's not starting a new company, It's working for a current one (from partner).
    Parners web servers, dns servers, billing system... mine just domain name and the front page. So who is in risk situation here?

Case: I shut down the website.
    Partner's got still the clients at his whmcs etc.

Business partnership can't work like that. By the way you react I assume this is your first attempt to have a partnership. When you shut down the domain, the traffic, marketing value etc is gone.
    Not many businesses willing to get that risk with someone so young, unemployed from relatively poor income country.
    If you want a real partnership you gotta bring more than just a domainname to the table.
    You want to bring special expertise that not other people have, proven track record of bringing money to business or reliable track record of customer support or partnership.

I was lucky to sell my domain name to a fairly large Asian SNS website at young age, back in the days after the collapse of Friendster.
    Here is what I did. Senior developer salary was about 60,000 euro after tax in my country. So I double that number and sold the domain name. When all my peers were part timing in McDonald's I received 2 years worth of senior software developer.
    And that's the best outcome because I have Time-Value on my side, I could invest in my projects or invest in S&P index, or heck i could use the money for more than down payment for a house.

Check out your local salary and sell the domain name for the appropriate value. Don't bite more than you can chew.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Host4GeeksHost4Geeks Member, Host Rep

I will agree to what a lot of other said here, sell the domain and use that money to invest into your business and start locally.

• if you looking for long therm deal, you might be able ask them for some shares

Thanked by 1eol
  • If I were you, I will sell the domain and buy shitload of $DOGE

• eoleol Member

• @eol said:

Thanked by 1eol
  • Sell the domain. Then put 40% on a savings bank account, use 10% on a trip to some EU capital that you like (Paris, Amsterdam, etc..) and the remaining 50% use it to invest in your business if that is what you want to do with 23 years old.

• eoleol Member

Sell the domain.
    Buy AMD stock.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

SlavicHaus, welcome to LET.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • eol said: Buy AMD stock.

Real G's would buy AMD Naked Call Options.
    YOLO

Thanked by 1eol
  • eoleol Member

Back in the 90s I invested heavily in this:

According to my calculations it will soon surpass the USD in actual value.

Thanked by 2SteveMC 3606202
  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

That's a nice domain, but it will be difficult to start a partnership on the back of a domain.

The problem here is that any serious business requires a lot more than 12k invested, and if what you're bringing to the table is your domain, then there is probably too much risk because you still own/control the domain.

Now you're going to say that you will do work, and that work is what you're REALLY bringing to the table right? Well then the domain is pretty much irrelevant then. You may as well sell the domain and then make the same offer of partnership or request for employment.

Otherwise the domain is basically just a 'portal' / referral / affiliate page. And it will really only be worth something to you. With you controlling the domain, the domain itself has no value to anyone else.

Thanked by 1Neil-SF
  • @eol said:
    Sell the domain.
    Buy AMD stock.

CentaurHauls

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited January 2019

@soviet said:
    @endrit Nope.

Why is everyone negative on forums when someone asks for job or something useful?

I'm out of the topic. Forum flaming sucks. You can reach me per PM or email in the 1st post.

I don't want to piss you off or anything, but you'll have to grow a thick skin.

When you're just a kid, depending on your upbringing, you might still think people are niceness. Well, no.

Homo homini lupus.

By the way, wish you luck.

• Like others said, sell the domain and use the money for your new company.

You need a bit of startup money to give you a kick when making new companies. Without that you will be stuck dead in the water and struggling.

The more money you have available, the easier it is to make new companies.

Thanked by 2eol malek
  • eoleol Member

@syntrino said:
    The more money you have available, the easier it is to make new companies.

This.

• Would sell the domain and get a different one for your project. "cloud" is pretty generic and 12.700€ pay for a lot of hours of thinking of a domain for your business.

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

Just sell the domain and start reselling for others, once you have enough cash start your own company

Moreover if you offer cash instead of a domain name then somebody may be interested in partnership, and try to find some local investor, don't expect a investor to invest in your business idea who does not knows you, and have not established a name for yourself

• xTomxTom Member, Patron Provider

Wish you a good luck

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@HostEONS said:
    Just sell the domain and start reselling for others, once you have enough cash start your own company

Really? If you really resell a product, you want to know how good it is and how good the company who resells you it is. Otherwise YOU get the shitstorm.

"Just" sounds like, go buy our Resller packages.

Getting a OVH machine with CPanel is that hard?
    You need to start somewhere, reselling is just a fucking excuse.

• Why not tell the brand of your mouse and keyboard as well? The temperature of your CPU can also be a bonus information.

Honestly, this isn’t the best place for such proposal. You might want to try linked in? Your best bet is to join some entrepreneurshit groups in reddit regardless of what background they have because any good business man can make money even if they know nothing about hosting.

LET is the last place for me to do such thing. No offence.

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

@Neoon said:

@HostEONS said:

Really? If you really resell a product, you want to know how good it is and how good the company who resells you it is. Otherwise YOU get the shitstorm.

Getting a OVH machine with CPanel is that hard?
    You need to start somewhere, reselling is just a fucking excuse.

Well there is nothing wrong in starting with a reseller package, first get some client base then get your own server as not worth investing in a server from day one when you are short on funds.

I'm not sure what makes you think about it but if you just check my offers till date, i don't remember a single post about our web hosting packages, we do offer web hosting as well as web hosting reseller packages but never really advertised it much.

This was just my suggestion as the OP is short on funds.

Regarding performance of the reseller package, OP can simply buy a reseller package and try it, most providers offer money back guarantee and reseller packages are cheap, so OP can just test it before actually selling it to his customers

There are many ways to get into hosting business, I just gave my suggestion on the basis of OP requirement.