Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

› 💌 Celebrate this New Year and get enterprise email with AI spam filtering for as low as $2/mo.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

💌 Celebrate this New Year and get enterprise email with AI spam filtering for as low as $2/mo.

mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep

Mailcheap

Mailcheap.co (Cyberlabs s.r.o. CZ & Cyberlabs Inc. USA) provides enterprise email solutions at affordable prices.

What's new?

• Upgraded AI spam filtering now available with basic plans
  • Affiliate Program: earn 50% commission
  • Upgraded automated mailserver installer
  • Batch migration tool for migrating up to 1000 IMAP mailboxes

Products

Features (basic plans)

• Unlimited users
  • Unlimited domains
  • AI spam filtering
  • Premium Relay for SMTP
  • Web based admin panel
  • Anti-spam & anti-virus protection (4-step filtration) w/ quarantine management
  • Choice of two webmails: SOGo & Afterlogic (50 MB att.)
  • WebMail, Contacts (CardDAV) & Calendar (CalDAV) w/ Exchange ActiveSync (SOGo)
  • Sieve filtering, vacation auto responder, graphical stats
  • SPF, DKIM, DMARC support
  • IMAP, SMTP, POP, EAS support
  • TLS for secure access & transmission
  • Free setup & migration tools
  • DDoS protection (Standard)
  • RAID protection & offsite data replication
  • Geo-redundant dual backup MX
  • Comprehensive documentation
  • 99.9% uptime
  • Full support (L1/L3)

Offers - Shared email servers

Basic 10G

Unlimited Domains | Unlimited Users | 10 GB email quota | Shared compute | $2/mo | Order

Annual price: $24

Basic 20G

Unlimited Domains | Unlimited Users | 20 GB email quota | Shared compute | $4/mo | Order

Annual price: $48

Featured product: Reseller Enterprise

See all Reseller Enterprise plans here .

Please check the resources below for more information.

Resources

Website | Features | Infrastructure | Status/Uptime | Docs/FAQ | Sign Up | Affiliate Program

Thanked by 1Hxxx

Comments

• Still old offer, as far as I remember? Raised prices by 100% to offer affiliate 50% commission and that's pretty much it. How about giving that 50% discount to buyers in this thread? I'm not in the market, just sayin

Thanked by 2eol vimalware
  • mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep

@Yura said:
    Still old offer, as far as I remember? Raised prices by 100% to offer affiliate 50% commission and that's pretty much it. How about giving that 50% discount to buyers in this thread? I'm not in the market, just sayin

For clarification, the price increase was made in November 2017 and the $10 offer made earlier that year. I apologize for reneging on the "recurring" offer back then but it was not realistically possible to continue at that price for the subsequent year(s). An email was sent more than 2 months earlier so affected customers would know of the price increase well in advance of renewal. Contractually speaking, the customers who bought the offer was provided the product at that price for the contract period of 1 year and only the renewal price was affected but ultimately I personally am to blame for posting a recurring offer without taking into account our future plans.

This is the list of changes made b/w the initial offer and price increase (as communicated via the email sent to customers back in Nov '17):

• Geo-redundant filters & relays
    • Migration, service and setup tools
    • L1 support
    • High performance servers (to cope up w/ Sogo's insane resource consumption)
    • Relay upgrades
    • AI spam filtering, even more resource intensive than Sogo. We had some scaling issues and this was removed from basic plans few months later and was brought back to basic plans only this week after optimizing the AI filtering stack.

As for the affiliate program, it is offered as a means of incentivizing sales w/ minimum payout limits ($50 USD) and high one-time commissions on the monthly price of a product sold (50% of Basic10G = $1 USD). With Mailcheap, the normal price is the best price we can offer and we offer it to everyone, this goes against the current trend among high volume vendors where the norm is to inflate prices and offer discounts to select few customers.

Kind regards,
    Pavin Joseph.

• What is AI spam filtering?
    You are letting your AI reading your user's emails?

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

@greattomeetyou said:
    What is AI spam filtering?
    You are letting your AI reading your user's emails?

That's how all spam filters work.

@greattomeetyou said:

The phrase 'AI spam filtering' is used as an easily marketable term for Mailcheap's deep learning neural net spam classifier.

Pavin.

• i cannot see any difference between prices listed here and on your main site.... why not have $20 instead of $24 for LET'ers ?

Thanked by 1eol
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@ehab said:
    i cannot see any difference between prices listed here and on your main site.... why not have $20 instead of $24 for LET'ers ?

How does $28 sound? :)

Thanked by 1eol
  • FHR said: That's how all spam filters work.

Can people opt-out of your spam filtering?

• @MasonR said:
    How does $28 sound? :)

Thanked by 1eol
  • any promo for SMTP relays?

@dedicados said:
    any promo for SMTP relays?

Sure, shoot me a PM and we can work something out :smile:

Pavin.

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

@mailcheap said:

@greattomeetyou said:

The phrase 'AI spam filtering' is used as an easily marketable term for Mailcheap's deep learning neural net spam classifier.

If Mr. Bayes knew that his theorem would be considered "artificial intelligence" some hundred years later. :)

Of course it's unknown what's really behind 'AI spam filtering' but I can remember learning Bayes DBs based on known spam and ham already decades ago. And it still works quite well to train personal DBs if users intentionally mark their mails as spam or ham.

Automatically learning spam/ham patterns based on all mail content might lead to false positives. For me a mail containing Czech words might be very likely to be spam as I never communicate with anybody in Czech while for somebody living in the Czech Republic this indicator is useless.
    And automatically reading mail content might be a hot topic (at least in Germany privacy of telecommunications is enforced by law).

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2019

@dfroe said:

@mailcheap said:

@greattomeetyou said:

If Mr. Bayes knew that his theorem would be considered "artificial intelligence" some hundred years later. :)

Of course it's unknown what's really behind 'AI spam filtering' but I can remember learning Bayes DBs based on known spam and ham already decades ago. And it still works quite well to train personal DBs if users intentionally mark their mails as spam or ham.

Automatically learning spam/ham patterns based on all mail content might lead to false positives. For me a mail containing Czech words might be very likely to be spam as I never communicate with anybody in Czech while for somebody living in the Czech Republic this indicator is useless.
    And automatically reading mail content might be a hot topic (at least in Germany privacy of telecommunications is enforced by law).

You're slightly (slightly, this is a friendly reply) blowing out of proportion something that literally every single mail provider in the history of mail providers has always done, and this is nothing more than the latest algorithms. Not doing it means servers that fall over and die. You can either filter mail or not run a mail service, there is absolutely no in between. Running a personal server and avoiding it means a good dice roll, can't do that when providing a service for others at any reasonable scale. Successful inbound spam multiplies (repeat success = email address sold in more lists) until inodes fill, like a random file creation tool in a while loop. Add a catchall and you can fill a drive in a day with the right single domain added. Been there, seen that.

What he's trying to say is that he's not using some shitty SpamAssassin implementation. Maybe rspamd with neural network module, I dunno, but it's all just updated ways to do the same things. It's nothing new, not some revolutionary privacy invasion tool. It's just probably 100x more efficient and useful than SA+Bayes.

Thanked by 1CrossBox
  • JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited January 2019

I don't want artificial intelligence, i want a real person reading my emails and telling me the gist of it, preferably in a few sentence summary.

PS: OH SHI- Southpark made an episode out of this...

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@Janevski said:
    I don't want artificial intelligence, i want a real person reading my emails and telling me the gist of it, preferably in a few sentence summary.

PS: OH SHI- Southpark made an episode out of this...

Ask your assigned NSA agent to CC you on their daily report emails

• FoulFoul Member
    edited January 2019

--Good luck

• @Janevski said:

i know what you need... aaaawwww .. a beautiful beautiful secretary... even if she reads spam to you it like singing in your ears .-- ain't that right?

Thanked by 3eol Janevski vimalware
  • @ehab said:

@Janevski said:

i know what you need... aaaawwww .. a beautiful beautiful secretary... even if she reads spam to you it like singing in your ears .-- ain't that right?

Exactly! And it's all good news, she would tell me every day how i've won a lot of money, how things don't have to be limited to average, plus there would be some random rambling message... It's uplifting to know one has random opportunities in the determinism of life.

Thanked by 2eol ehab

@dfroe said:

@mailcheap said:

@greattomeetyou said:

We still use Naive bayes classifier on each of our mailservers. I would say its more 'A' and 'I' since its a fancy probability chart; it is still very useful but it has its limitations.

Mailcheap's AI spam filtering architecture (runs in their own geo-redundant environment) was developed completely in-house and uses deep learning neural networks (artificial neurons) for classification.

See these wiki articles for their differences:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayesian_network
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neural_network

Mailcheap and I are fully committed to data privacy and we're compliant with EU/German telecommunications regulations. As far as I understand, the laws are there to regulate/restrict transfer of data to third parties, they do not restrict using the data to provide a better service that the customers are paying for.

Kind regards,
    Pavin Joseph.

• @mailcheap

Do you plan in a near future update SOGo on your Shared plans from v3 to v4? Thanks

• I was excited and went to check the smtp relay services of @mailcheap but they are a little out of my league. Is like buying a dedicated server. I have no doubt the service must be great.

Thanked by 1dedicados