Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostbill price is public
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostbill price is public

If you don't want use WHMCS for any security issue. Hostbill is best for your chose
https://hostbillapp.com/clientarea/index.php?/cart/hostbill-licenses/

Comments

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

I would say there are better alternatives. Hostbill for one sure can't make up their mind.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2013

It would have been a very good alternative, but:
    1. Price and licensing changes including retroactively;
    2. Once you get to know it bugs pop up and time to fix is high, one that forced us to cancel offering iwstack through it was fixed "next version", a couple months later after they broke it (used to work).
    3. You do not know how safe hostbill is, the guy at localhost.re did not look at the code yet, it is same s..t with obfuscated code and the like. It might have similar bugs, you will not know until they get an external audit, be it paid, or free by a hacker, whichever comes first.

• I heard hostbill database has a exploit to download the entire client database...

• Forget Hostbill, how is Blesta? Anyone using it? What's your experience?

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • I know the pain all hosts are going through in terms of billing systems. That's what is forcing me to code another billing system which for sure would be much safer, and also will have a better design options :)

• @rds100 said:
    Forget Hostbill, how is Blesta? Anyone using it? What's your experience?

I use Blesta, I like it so far, the devs are very active over at the forums, and you can always check out the code if you need to.

Thanked by 1rds100
  • Heavily priced and addons are the same, you'd get 2 owned WHMCS licenses for the price of one.

• As a personal Hostbill user, I wouldn't recommend dropping the large sum of money for it now. Back about 6 months ago, sure it was a steal. Now, they are asking way to much for what you get. The design is nice...for the client. The admin backend is confusing and new bugs pop up every week with their updates.

@fizzyjoe908 said:
    As a personal Hostbill user, I wouldn't recommend dropping the large sum of money for it now. Back about 6 months ago, sure it was a steal. Now, they are asking way to much for what you get. The design is nice...for the client. The admin backend is confusing and new bugs pop up every week with their updates.

Yes, for 200 bucks was cool, for 600, no way.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

@Maounique said:
    Yes, for 200 bucks was cool, for 600, no way.

@Maounique not just that, you even need to buy the modules separately XD

• toshosttoshost Member, Host Rep

600 usd !! OMG

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

600USD Is not bad, my quote for last week was 2K!USD

• @AlexanderM said:
    600USD Is not bad, my quote for last week was 2K!USD

$600 is pretty high for a billing panel that's slow to add new modules.

• I wouldn't say $600 is the expensive part. The issues occur when they make you pay for basic features like support tickets, live chat, and provisioning modules.

• TsumeTsume Member
    edited October 2013

@fizzyjoe908 said:
    I wouldn't say $600 is the expensive part. The issues occur when they make you pay for basic features like support tickets, live chat, and provisioning modules.

Indeed. Last I checked they charged $75 per support ticket, which itself is utterly insane. Not long ago someone was finding it pretty impossible to report bug/exploit in their software without paying the support fee. When you charge your customers for finding issues in your software, you really need to rethink your business modal.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited October 2013

sunboy: Joined at 9 of October, just a few days after a big whmcs exploit, and his only post / discussion is an add for hostbill? Very nice of you! We are sure you don't represent hostbill!

• TsumeTsume Member
    edited October 2013

@jvnadr said:
    sunboy: Joined at 9 of October, just a few days after a big whmcs exploit, and his only post / discussion is an add for hostbill? Very nice of you! We are sure you don't represent hostbill!

I chuckled a little.
    It wouldn't surprise me if they've decided to resort to such tactics to get more customers. They're business model is abysmal.

Maybe we should ask the guy at localhost.re to look at their code too, we will have then our confirmation that all obfuscated code is obfuscated for a reason.

• Tsume said: @jvnadr said: sunboy: Joined at 9 of October, just a few days after a big whmcs exploit, and his only post / discussion is an add for hostbill? Very nice of you! We are sure you don't represent hostbill!

I chuckled a little. It wouldn't surprise me if they've decided to resort to such tactics to get more customers. They're business model is abysmal.

Please, i don't present of Hostbill. I'm using both WHMCS and Hostbill .