Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Install Centos 7 on a Dell R210 through IPMI - Paid
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Install Centos 7 on a Dell R210 through IPMI - Paid

I have a dedicated server that I have struggled with. The host doesn't provide templates. The original OS install is Centos 6. I can't get Centos 7 installed. I am willing to pay someone to do this job a reasonable amount, or prove that it cannot be done, problem with DRAC or IPMI interface so I can sort it out with the host support.

Also, the job includes providing a short manual so I, or anyone else, could reproduce your steps if you can get it done.

If you are interested in the job, please pm what you would like to receive for doing it, flat rate. Payment is through paypal when the job is complete. If you need some additional details in order to give me a price, please let me know and I'll provide them.

Comments

• lonealonea Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2018

Can do this for $20 in advance, send pm if interested.

• I'll do it for 10 bucks, if it doesn't work then you don't have to pay :)

Thanked by 2eol MTUser2012
  • I will not do it for $10.

• if it takes 10 min of my time then i can do it for you for free . otherwise i can try for 2 hours for $50.

Thanked by 2MTUser2012 eol
  • If you have everything backed up, load netboot.xyz via loopback or destroying the current partition table, it, setup network, and net install. Blammo.

• Yes, this should work. But, I can't get it to. At this point, I am willing to pay because someone who has done this numerous times can troubleshoot it better than me. That is why I am willing to pay.

@FrothyFrank said:
    If you have everything backed up, load netboot.xyz via loopback or destroying the current partition table, it, setup network, and net install. Blammo.

• How about $1? Will you not do it for that too?

@eol said:
    I will not do it for $10.

Thanked by 1eol
  • @MTUser2012 said:
    I have a dedicated server that I have struggled with. The host doesn't provide templates. The original OS install is Centos 6. I can't get Centos 7 installed. I am willing to pay someone to do this job a reasonable amount, or prove that it cannot be done, problem with DRAC or IPMI interface so I can sort it out with the host support.

Also, the job includes providing a short manual so I, or anyone else, could reproduce your steps if you can get it done.

If you are interested in the job, please pm what you would like to receive for doing it, flat rate. Payment is through paypal when the job is complete. If you need some additional details in order to give me a price, please let me know and I'll provide them.

What's the ttouble?

• eoleol Member

@MTUser2012 said:
    How about $1? Will you not do it for that too?

@eol said:
    I will not do it for $10.

Not sure.

• Have you tried reinstall by grub?

It should be easier.

I have done this many times.

• What part isn't working?

I remember trying to install CentOS 7.x on an older hpe server with an unsupported disk controller had to load in drivers etc separately.

It would be good if you could say at what point it fails so the offers of help are more likely to result in a solution for you.